Down syndrome test

sensug

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had my ultrasound today and doctor told me that i am measuring 8 weeks and 6 days and we even heard the heart beat which was around 183 and i am so excited and happy abt it. But then i am little concerned about the down syndrome test, doctor said it's our wish to take or not to take the test? What did u guys did, did u all take it?

I took it!

congrats and don't worry its not so bad!

xxx

Which one? do you mean the nuchal translucensy (I think thats it name, sorry if im wrong lol) or the one where they collect some fluid from you?

We had the scan where they take the measurement from the back of the neck but decided against the other as there is a 1/100 chance of miscarriage.

Hope that helps and gl :)

or do you mean the blood tests. We opted out all 3 times just because we wouldn't do anything if high risk. Some ppl like to know just so that they can be prepared if they do have a down's baby. Personaaly it was a case if it happened we'd deal with it, and no point stressing about it. If bloods had been high risk we wouldn't have gone on and had the amnio so would then spend pg worrying about what ifs.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Hi~
I am having my first ultrasound on the 18th to measure for it. I little nervous about it........but I'm sure it will be fine!

Kellie:cloud9:

Downs testing & spine is bloods & a scan (someoen correct me if teh bloods aren't for down lol) - I had bloods done if high risk you have an option to have another tests to confirm it more but as illy says 1/100 can cause miscarriage. I did the bloods and I was low chance but if it had of been high I would not have done the second test available. Then a scan to check lungs, spine etc. I wouldn't have had it in first place but my OH wanted to get it done and hes much as a say as me if one wants it I think you should type thing & if high risk if one doesn't want it then it shouldn't be done (personal opinion).

Good luck x

I was asked about this at my booking in the other day.......I still hadnt decided, so she is doing my bloods at 15 weeks where I can choose for them to do the downs test if I decide to go along with it.
I didnt have any with Charlie, but this time round, I wonder how the hell we would cope (sorry if this is not everyones opinion!) if we had a DS baby. But by the time you get your results back from the bloods, then all the next steps you would surely be atleast 18 weeks????????
I have known I was PG since I was nearly 4 weeks, I dont think I would be able to do anything bout it if the tests were positive, so I think ill just have the bloods done and see what my 'chances' are.

We have thinking of not to take the test, as we are not going to abort the baby or something if it has DS, So we better dont check for it !

I went back and forth about the testing.....this is my third pregnancy, and I never did any testing for my first two, but since I am over 30 now, my doctor recommended it, so I am going to at least do the bloods and the US to see what those results say before doing anything that is invasive. I'm leaning towards not wanting to know, but my DH feels pretty strongly about knowing ahead of time if there is any problem.:headspin:

I have never been in this situation and can barely comment, but if it did happen to me, I'd probably want the blood test from what I'm hearing from these ladies. I guess it depends...if you're strongly against, and you're going to abort if the baby's got DS, then you'd probably want to know now while you still have the option to do so (abort). However, if it doesn't matter either way and you'll keep the child regardless, it's not so necessary.

Again, I'm not experienced in this, but that would be my reasoning. Maybe it'll help you. :)

I'm 36 and going to do every test available to me, with the exception of the amnio (unless the other tests show something very life threatening to warrant it).

I want to know every fact possible about the baby whether on the inside or the outside. Burying my head in the sand cuz I want to delay any possible bad news sounds kinda selfish to me. But to each their own I guess. If it would stress a person out too much to know the truth then I guess its better for the baby that she doesnt know. For me, I'd stress more if I didn't know!

trill

here they call it the triple screening test or something like that. I was going to but couldn't because they needed me to do it while I was on vacation.. Im not worried though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->