Dress for Wedding

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
I'm currently looking for a dress to wear to the wedding of DH's cousin next month when I'll be 36 weeks pregnant. I already feel like my bump is really big but in reality it is probably right on track. I do have a dress I can wear that my SIL has passed on to me but I would like something new that will make me feel nice and a little special, as I'm sure I'll already feel like a whale! :haha:

I don't have a massive budget (about £50) and I'm looking for something probably about knee length. Can anyone suggest a style/material that will fit a 8 month bump and where to look? Asos have some nice options but I just don't know what will fit my bump by then. :dohh:

I've just been to a wedding and had the same issue. I bought a dress from Quiz in Debenhams and it was £49.99 I think. It was knee length. It really depends on your body shape and size though?

If you are slim I'd go for bodycon as it can look lovely when you are pregnant. Me personally I'm a bit on the big side (size 18-20) and carry a lot of weight on my hips so I chose something that pulled me in at the waist and then flared out and had plenty of layering underneath!

Eta: this is what I wore. It was very flattering for my bump.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-08-18-53-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-09-08-18-53-43.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 11
I was similar stage in pregnancy with my first when I needed a formal dress, I got a normal one from Debenhams one size bigger with an empire line and it sat nicely over my bump. Empire line all the way I think, I wore maxi dresses to weddings, again they didn't need to be maternity.

Have you had a look on ASOS maternity?

There are some lovely bits on there xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"