Due 15th Sept or around

wanting, glad your bump decided to stick around! Sounds like things are getting rolling for you though? Do you see your mw soon?

I had my appointment today and nothing exciting to report! No impending labour signs..no lose of plug...no crazy bh's. My dr. mentioned the possibility of doing sweep either next week or at 40 weeks. He said it really isn't comfortable? For those who have had one: Is this true??

See her next wed if I get that far :( god I feel sorry for myself today!! Can you tell!!

I've never had a sweep but imagine its uncomfortable xx

So guess who has a new baby boy.....I am so in love! Will update when I get to my laptop.

WOW!!!!!!! Sunnydaze, didn't think you would go before me. Hope you and your little blue bundle are doing well. Can't wait for your update:hugs:

Paris - I've had a sweep, it is slightly uncomfortable but nothing too bad. Don't worry.

Wanting - are you still here? hehe. I wanted things to get moving, with all my other sections i have actually gone into labour and then had the sections. I think I would feel better that way. To go and have a section with nothing happening, i find quite difficult. Hope you are all ok xx

Baby321, thanks for the reassurance! I felt uneasy about it today at my appoint. but have decided I will wait to have one until I'm full term...if nothing has happened. That makes sense, right?

Wanting: I'm sorry you're feeling sorry for yourself :hugs: You might just surprise yourself and make it to your section date. Sometimes losing plug and strong bh's can last for weeks so hold on to hope!

Here is Isaiah birth story. I tried to attached a picture if it didn't work I will put more up later.

Here is the short version of the arrival of Isaiah James, I have to write quickly as he is getting fussy. So on Tuesday August 28th we had an appointment with the doctor to discuss when we would like to schedule the C-section for Isaiah. Because of the diabetes, positioning and size it was necessary. So after much thought we picked September 10th, I wasn’t happy about having to pick his birthday it seemed strange to me. So we started telling everyone that was the day “unless he comes early”. During the few days prior to the appointment I had been having period like cramping and losing my mucous plus. All of which could mean labor but also can mean you wait a week or so anyway. So I was content with the plan to have our baby at 1pm on September 10th. Isaiah had other plans apparently.
On Wednesday night after checking my email I stood up and went over and moved the cat from the couch so I could lay down and take a nap. I moved the cat and then GUSH!!! It wasn’t a huge amount compared to what I had in there but it was enough. I couldn’t tell if I had peed myself or my water let go. I walked cross legged up the stairs trying to get the water to stop dripping. I decided I should tell James and let him know what was going on but not to tell anyone we didn’t need everyone getting all excited for nothing. I finished packing some of my bags, called the doctor and they wanted me to come in to determine if the fluid was amniotic. P.S if you have this happen take a sample or something of the fluid, you will find out why in a little bit. An hour or so later we are on our way to the hospital. I had started having contractions pretty much after the gush they were about 15 to 20 minutes apart and really didn’t feel to terrible.
I get checked into L& D and put in my room. They need to check to see if that was my water or not, which they couldn’t determine. They still could feel my bag of water and the test weren’t coming back correctly, although I was clearly having contractions. They kept me there to monitor me and see if my water broke or my cervix would dilate. It was around 11pm that they checked and my cervix was thinning but nothing major. My contractions got worse and worse, they would come three at a time and then give me about 10 minutes pain free then 3 back to back. This went on for the majority of the night. I was only able to get the IV version of vicodin which sucked because it would wear off after about 30 minutes and the pain would start again. This happened for the remainder of the night. We got NO sleep at all. I kept getting stronger and stronger contractions losing more plug and even some blood, but my cervix wasn’t doing much and obviously baby was not in the right position. The on call doctor wouldn’t make the call to do a c-section right then because even though Isaiah was 37 weeks they didn’t want to take him out unless necessary. So they say wait until 7am when my doctor comes in. She didn’t want to do a c-section either until they did the last lab test to test for amniotic fluid. At this point I was begging for pain medication or for them to just kill me the contractions were every 4 minutes and hurt like a bitch. FINALLY the lab comes back and confirms that my water did break but since there was so much of it probably was just a pin drop not a full on break. So they rush in and tell me we are going ahead with the c-section here is the anesticialogist (sp) and give me the run down telling me we will have a baby within the hour, it was about 9:15 at this point. So they get me down there meanwhile I m still contracting and they are trying to give me the pain meds necessary for the c-section which involve me to be very still and them putting needles in my back. Let me tell you as soon as that stuff hit my system it was like HEAVEN!! I was terrified as I have never had major surgery before in my life, they talked about me feeling tugging and pulling and all of that stuff which naturally made me nervous. I was shaking the whole time. But I felt NOTHING and they literally had him out within five minutes. Everyone was so obsessed with how cute he was and his cheeks and his perfectly round little head. James peeked over the curtain and I don’t know if he was going to pass out from what he saw or the baby. He said he was emotional. He instantly started taking pictures of the baby.
Isaiah James was born at exactly 10:00 am on August 30, 2012. He is a wonderful baby we are doing well with the breastfeeding, he only cries when his diaper gets dirty. James has changed all of his dirty diapers so far which surprised me. It is different when it is your own kid I guess. He is really a great dad and amazing husband. I love this little guy more than anything he is so cute and he already has several cute facial expressions. Well I guess I better get off here and go feed him.

577117_10151012532240986_862965410_n.jpg

Oh my can't believe they made you wait do long not knowing if your waters had gone or not. But he's here and he's very very cute, well done you xxx big congrats again Hun, how much did he weigh? How is pain after section?

I'm still here, I feel ok this morning, it's all on a night lost abit more plug last night but not at much as night before. Is it weird I only lose it in the evening? It's when the stronger bh's are too which was the case with ds2, hopefully I'm hanging on, feel abit more relaxed now :)

Paris, unless your really fed up yes I think having sweep if nothing happens naturally is the right choice x

Oh my can't believe they made you wait do long not knowing if your waters had gone or not. But he's here and he's very very cute, well done you xxx big congrats again Hun, how much did he weigh? How is pain after section?

I'm still here, I feel ok this morning, it's all on a night lost abit more plug last night but not at much as night before. Is it weird I only lose it in the evening? It's when the stronger bh's are too which was the case with ds2, hopefully I'm hanging on, feel abit more relaxed now :)

Paris, unless your really fed up yes I think having sweep if nothing happens naturally is the right choice x
He weighed 8 lbs 5 Oz. I don't feel to bad after the section. They had me walking after 12 hours. the scar isn't even what I expected. It takes a bit to move around, there is still that after birth bleeding hut it isn't much worse then a bad period. Sorry for any typos i'm sending this from my phone.

Wow he was a big one for 37wk wasn't he, bless the little cutie x

Sunnydaze, baby is so cute!!!!! glad you and baby are doing ok. Your story sounds like when I had my first xx

Awwwe, what a cutie! Congrats again!

Loved reading your birth story. Good job on getting through the c-section :thumbup: and being a trooper. I'm really glad everything went well for you and baby is doing well despite his early appearance.

I was wondering if any of you have ever pulled a muscle in late pregnancy??? im sure i have as i cant walk without being in loads of pain its all just above/around my lower belly and just above my pubic bone :( it doesnt hurt much when im laying or sittin down but as soon as i get up it kills, not sure what to do. Even a bath didn't help.
My OH is working 9am-11pm tomorrow no idea how im gonna look after my 2yr if i cant even get out of bed.
Should i call the hospital or something?? dont know what to do, i have a scan on monday so guess i could try wait untill then. i just dont know :flower:

With ds1 I got a unexplained pain in my side twice, it was horrid, I went for monitoring but they never found out what it was.

If your worried its not going to hurt to get checked out, let us know how you get on x

With ds1 I got a unexplained pain in my side twice, it was horrid, I went for monitoring but they never found out what it was.

If your worried its not going to hurt to get checked out, let us know how you get on x

Im not as worried today as it hasn't gotten any worse and baby is moving around alot :) think it just scared me cuz it happend all of a sudden and wasn't sure if that was as bad as it would get. Last time i went to the ADAU i had to wait for 5 hours lol so dont want to do that again unless i really have to.
My in-laws have my daughter today so i can rest :thumbup: also i have a scan tomorrow so will be able to check everything is ok, im pretty sure its just a pulled muscle or a strain though. will let you know after the scan tomorrow :flower:

Awww that's good you have a day to relax, get your feet up hun. Oo wish I had another scan, there do exciting, just to get a peek! Keep us updated x

I had a scans @ week 8, 10 because there was 2 sacs 1 baby, vanishing twin, 12, 2nd sac came out and i bled alot 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 32 baby looked too small, 34 placenta too low, 36 placenta has moved, and tomorrow 38 because my bump looks too small and to check placenta again.
It is lovely having scans but after all the worrying i've done it kinda took the fun out of most of them, but i am really looking forward to tomorrows scan so i can possibly see if anything is actually happening down there as you probably know being from the UK they dont check you or anything untill ur over due. Also this HAS to be the last scan before i meet her in real life :happydance:

not even over due im sure i didnt get checked last time until i was in labour and thats the only time they would check me lol sucks she was 8 days late aswell.

Wow you've had a lot going on, Sorry about the twin. I've had 4, I had 2 early ones due to a previous molar pregnancy which I was convinced this was. I know someone who had scans due to measuring small but baby was just fine x

I know what you mean as much as I don't like examinations I kinda wish they did because I'd love to know if I was dilated at all. X

Wow you've had a lot going on, Sorry about the twin. I've had 4, I had 2 early ones due to a previous molar pregnancy which I was convinced this was. I know someone who had scans due to measuring small but baby was just fine x

I know what you mean as much as I don't like examinations I kinda wish they did because I'd love to know if I was dilated at all. X

yes i was told that my baby girl would be tiny 6lb but she was 8lb 12 lol the look on the midwifes face when she felt how big the head was was priceless lol she looked up at me and said this baby is alot bigger than we were expecting :dohh: not what you want to hear when you gotta try push it out with only gass and air lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->