Due 15th Sept or around

Wantingno.2, Appointment went well and baby is head down :happydance: He said that the likelihood of him turning at this point is very small. I brought a huge print off of questions but he was more than happy to answer all of them which was great.

AgCam, maybe I've just been lucky so far but any aches or pains I have had are very manageable and overall I have none-wonder if it's related to the hypnotherapy I have been practicing? What program are you using? This is my first time using it so I'm really curious to see how well it works.

I'm due Sept 16 and had an exam today and I'm 1/2 centimeter dialated and starting to thin out. But I have a feeling I'm gonna hang on til 39 weeks plus as that is when DS1 was born. I can't wait to have a stiff drink again lol

Hi ladies :) im due september 12th! At my last appointment baby was 3/5 engaged and measuring slightly ahead so all looking good. Been having strong period pains all day today and contraction like pains yesterday so midwife told me to stay active as sounds like I *might* be in early early stages. I dont think it's gonna happen soon though, had all the signs with my first and he hung on until the end!!

Yeyyyyyyyy head down babies is what we like :) :)

Hey, just noticed that your c-section is 4 days after mine, best of luck. feeling very fearful as each day passes :hugs: how do you feel?

Awwwe, don't be fearful Baby321! I know it can be really hard to stay positive but I'm sure you will do great :hugs: I'll send you lots of happy vibes!

Fidget: Sounds very promising! Who knows...it's your second...maybe they'll come early :shrug:

Meandmyshadow + fidget hi! And oh my we might get some babies very soon!!!

Baby321, I go from one end of the scale to another, one minute I'm super excited the next I'm omg, it's happening and it's scary!!! I'm on the count down to having my body back though even if it will take slightly longer to recover 16 days!!!!!

Thankyou Paris. Only have 13 days to go now. I have my pre-operative assessment on the 4th sept. I had an appointment today, have consented for the c-section and for the tubes to be tied. Everything is seeming so real now. My baby is back to back. I don't know why, but all my babies have been back to back. Hope you are ok:hugs:

Wanting no.2, I understand when you say that you are at one end of the spectrum and then the next. I feel like that as well. i feel excited and then when I think what I need to go through i begin to get frightened. Hope you are ok. Take care :hugs:

Sounds like everyone is progressing nicely..thinning and dilating and all that!

I have my 38 week appt in about a half hour...I guess I'll find out if I've progressed at all. Last I was checked (36 weeks) I was fingertip dilated and barely effaced, if at all. I haven't had any contractions to speak of so not sure if I'm coming along or not!

Going in for my weekly ultrasound today, hopefully baby is starting to move into position. I am so excited for everyone that is getting close!! I was at the doctor on Tuesday and not much is happening with me, she said my cervix is thinning but still closed.

Baby321, good luck with your pre-op assessement :thumbup: At least, unlike an unplanned c-sec. you will be looked over properly and assessed accordingly. Seems safer to me and a much better plan.

Susannah and Sunnydaze, did your dr.'s/mw start checking for effacement/dilation at 36 weeks? I had my 36 week appointment yesterday and got nothing more than a swab for Strep B...no exam. I'm curious to know when they start checking...

Baby321, good luck with your pre-op assessement :thumbup: At least, unlike an unplanned c-sec. you will be looked over properly and assessed accordingly. Seems safer to me and a much better plan.

Susannah and Sunnydaze, did your dr.'s/mw start checking for effacement/dilation at 36 weeks? I had my 36 week appointment yesterday and got nothing more than a swab for Strep B...no exam. I'm curious to know when they start checking...
At my appointment on Tuesday was the first time she checked me, I am not sure if it was because I was already undressed for the swab or if that is something they start doing at 36 weeks.

Paris - Good going on baby being head down! I'm doing the Mongan method. I'm a first-time mother too, so it will be really interesting to see how things work :) It was the youtube videos that convinced me to give hypnobirthing a try.

Baby321- Good luck with the pre-op assessment! Just imagine - at the other end of it all, you'll have your LO in your arms :hugs:

Sunnydaze- Good luck with the ultrasound. You don't have long to go yourself :)

I was first checked at 35 weeks because of the strep b swab. Then checked again at 36 ONLY because I mentioned I had seen some snotty mucuous. Then I was NOT checked at 37 beacuse I had just been checked teh week before. I was checked today at 38 weeks and I imagine it will be weekly from here on out.

Speaking of which, baby has dropped now to zero station, and I am 1-1.5 cm dilated. (Two weeks ago I was at -2 station and fingertip dilated). She didn't say anything about effacement and I forgot to ask...

I was first checked at 35 weeks because of the strep b swab. Then checked again at 36 ONLY because I mentioned I had seen some snotty mucuous. Then I was NOT checked at 37 beacuse I had just been checked teh week before. I was checked today at 38 weeks and I imagine it will be weekly from here on out.

Speaking of which, baby has dropped now to zero station, and I am 1-1.5 cm dilated. (Two weeks ago I was at -2 station and fingertip dilated). She didn't say anything about effacement and I forgot to ask...

That's awesome! Baby dropping is always a good sign :)

Makes sense that they would only check if you've been having symptoms. I thought about it afterwards and figure he probably won't start checking until I mention I've had some form of pre-labour symptoms. Upside to having an appointment every week now is that you never have long to wait if you need more questions answered.

That's awesome! Baby dropping is always a good sign :)

Makes sense that they would only check if you've been having symptoms. I thought about it afterwards and figure he probably won't start checking until I mention I've had some form of pre-labour symptoms. Upside to having an appointment every week now is that you never have long to wait if you need more questions answered.

Yeah I hope it's a good sign! :)

And yes I am really enjoying the weekly appointments now. I track EVERYTHING like fundal height, weight, dilation...so I get to collect more data!! :haha:

You get to know so much more in the us than uk. We don't get internals at all until actually in labour, we don't get routinely checked for strep b.

Only thing mw does now is measure belly, feel position and listen to baby. Plus I've only seen her 3 times in my whole preg so far bearing in mind we don't see a dr or anything unless you have other issues, it's rubbish!

On another note we are all literally counting down days now. Maybe I should do a first page list of edd/section dates, bump colours etc ?

You get to know so much more in the us than uk. We don't get internals at all until actually in labour, we don't get routinely checked for strep b.

Only thing mw does now is measure belly, feel position and listen to baby. Plus I've only seen her 3 times in my whole preg so far bearing in mind we don't see a dr or anything unless you have other issues, it's rubbish!

On another note we are all literally counting down days now. Maybe I should do a first page list of edd/section dates, bump colours etc ?

I dont get checked here either unless I'm actually in labour. I was hoping the doc might check during my 36 week appointment seeing as how I was already undressed for the swab. Nope, just fetal position and fundal height. Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait until something significant happens.....

Yeah I hope it's a good sign! :)

And yes I am really enjoying the weekly appointments now. I track EVERYTHING like fundal height, weight, dilation...so I get to collect more data!! :haha:

I do the same thing!:haha: My dr. is very nice but often won't mention my readings (bp, fundal height, etc.) so I am always asking. I think it's good to know!...especially if you're already sitting in their office.

THREE TIMES??:wacko: Really? That doesn't seem nearly enough. Granted, if your pregnancy is going very well there really isn't a whole lot they will do at each visit but it's good reassurance to have that monthly appointment.

And YES to putting up edd/section dates, etc. I think that is a fabulous idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->