Due around 12th Aug, and looking for a bump buddy

Is that all it is now? 15 days? Yay! 2 weeks tomorrow!!!! I really would love a girl but i think that is because I am a huge lover of pink and pretty things! All I really want is a happy healthy baby. Definitely felt movement last night quite low down beneath belly button and I know I wasn't imagining it as it happened 4 times! Have you felt anything yet?

I think we'll have to go to mothercare or mamas and papas and have good look at all the travel systems - I think being able to go straight from car is essential. We also want one with good wheels as we want to be able go on walks with our dogs etc so the ones with the titchy wheels are a no as I can just imagine them getting stuck in the park when its wet.

The hammock looks cool! I'd be so worried the baby would fall out tho - is it strapped in? I really love the moses baskets but then I have read that with the good travel systems baby can sleep in the cot looking bit (what is that called?!). Who knows. I think we need to decide on travel system next as I keep changing my mind there are soooo many!

No havent sorted MW issue yet. Husband who is a vet had the head MW for county in the other day and he subtly mentioned it and she said she knew it was a problem! I'm going to try and make an excuse to have MW app in next village so I can at least see the really lovely one. I feel so bad not wanting to see the other one.

The hammock looks so much fun, but not sure I will leave my baby too high up in the air (I am afraid of heights)...

I think I am having a girl, but its just my gut feeling. I dont really mind if its a girl or a boy, as it will be our first (but not the last). Hubby realy want a girl...

Do you want to try and predict mine (10w 4d and 11w5d)? :winkwink:

I will be find out in a privet scan next week as I just cant wait another month (4th of April) for the 20 week scan. :happydance:

Attachments

• 10w4d.jpg
    10w4d.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Baby11w5d.jpg
    Baby11w5d.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 3
I am very tempted with private scan as well - the wait is soooo hard. I think girl purapura! The Chinese gender predictor was like that with me too haha and then is actually says that it is right 50% of the time! That is so exciting that you will know next week! Where are you getting it done? Is it expensive? Is it a 3d? Really want a 3d scan later at 26 wks.

Purapura i think girl too. :thumbup: Great news on your scan :happydance:
I'm so jealous!!!

My hubby wasnt too keen on the hammock at first but we have 3 dogs and therefore a moses basket on a stand is out of the question becuase if a dog jumps up the whole thing will just fall over!! :shock: NOT GOOD! if they jump at the hammock it just swings, no the baby cannot fall out of the hammock. baby in a hammock looks kinda like this:

https://www.babygadget.net/pics/amby_hammock.jpg

I could get a moses basket and just put it inside the cot but the cot will be in dd's room and i dont want baby waking her every 5 mins! lol

I feel light kicks regular now Rebecca, it feels like light tapping or movement just above my pelvic bone, i feel it more when i'm sat up. i didnt get any flutters first like i did with my dd's . So glad for you that you feel it too! :happydance:

I can't believe in 13 days i'll be half way to meeting my LO!!! I've still got soooo much to do!! we have 3 bedrooms to decorate and carpet, nearly everything for the baby to get, i have to sell the remainder of the stock from my business as the room it's all kept in is now needed for my eldest dd. we are also redecorating kitchen and bathrooma and hall stairs and landing!!! i have a collection of leopard geckos to sell including all equipment and a massive built in vivariums stack and i need new cooker, fridge freezer, kitchen table and sideboard!!!
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I haven’t booked the scan yet, as I need to check when hubby will be available, but we are going for Babybond scan. Its £79 (not too cheep) and it includes a 4d pics.

Chelsea, you have noting to be jealous about, as you will have your scan in 2 weeks time (probably so exiting) :happydance::happydance:

I haven’t been feeling anything... except some stubbing pains. :(

I haven’t been feeling anything... except some stubbing pains. :(

Damn those pains :growlmad: they sometimes get worse around 18weeks as your uterus moves out of your pelvis, so you may have that to look forward to aswell!! :dohh:

thats a really good price! let us know when you book it :happydance:

I wasnt feeling anything then either, about 16 weeks i kept feeling little nudges but they were so quick and so scarce i couldnt be sure they were baby. only in the last week have i had 100% definate baby movement, and although i feel several periods of movement/nudges in a day it's still very light, not full blown punches yet! so don't worry, you may have felt it but just didnt know. :shrug:

i just realised the 3 of us have all predicted girls for each other!! :shock:

i wonder if we'll all have girls??

Haha! Probably all have boys now!
No I thought I had some feeling last week but wasn't completely sure, kept thinking could be hunger or wind!! But it was only last night when I couldn't get to sleep that I properly felt 4 little nudges/taps. Hoping to feel it again tonight!

The hammock picture looks amazing! Where is that one from? Looks really cosy. Have you seen one in shops all set up? Would like to see it properly really. Also, concerned with dogs knocking over moses basket - could they still not just knock over hammock?

What is the difference with 3 wheels travel systems and 4 wheels? Is one better than other?

ooo this is cute! https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc...4+2995+2591_10751_-1_14601_126805_10001_14601

I need to scan my photo in and get your predictions for me!!! I am still not convinced on the hammock but whatever works best for you :o)

I cannot wait to feel our baby move. By the sounds of you all I need to wait a couple more weeks before anything happens!

I looked up 4D and 3D scans but they were £140!!! How comes you have found one so cheaply!?!?

Good work

xxxxxx

I need to scan my photo in and get your predictions for me!!! I am still not convinced on the hammock but whatever works best for you :o)

I cannot wait to feel our baby move. By the sounds of you all I need to wait a couple more weeks before anything happens!

I looked up 4D and 3D scans but they were £140!!! How comes you have found one so cheaply!?!?

Good work

xxxxxx

CEM1805, search for BabyBond in Google. They have clinics all around England.

RebeccaG
My mum is a day carer; she has been working with kids between 6 month and 10 years for over 15 years now. When I went to see pushchairs I asked her what should I look at... she recommended to go for 3 wheels as they are sometimes easier to mkaneuver. But she said that 4 wheels are great as well.

I would say that if you use buses, I would recommend the 4 wheelers, as they are a bit more stable, and better on stairs (from my experience at the store)
I went for 3 wheels (I like it more, and I don’t use public transport).

Hope it helps.

ooo this is cute! https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc...4+2995+2591_10751_-1_14601_126805_10001_14601

Saw that one... :thumbup: I liked that one as well. I think the only problem I had with this one what the carrycot, it is a soft carrycot, and I wanted a hard one... worth looking at it at the kidicare store.

I like that travel system rebeccaG and thats a bargin price :thumbup: i think the website is a good one, they do some good offers!

I havent seen the hammocks in any stores, tbh i think they are a fairly new thing?? i read about them in a baby magazine while waiting for my scan! lol. the one in the pic is an amby nature hammock i think.

Yes CEM1805 get your piccie up so we can have a guess :happydance:. what do you think you are having? any instinct? :baby:

This is probably the most random thing but i just got the oddest feeling that purapura will have her baby first, then RebeccaG, then me and then CEM1805 :wacko:

How weird am i!!! lol :shrug:

I wonder if ladbrokes will take a bet! ha ha! :haha:

haha! you should contact them, I'm sure the odds would be good!

I do like the hammocks but the ones I like all seem to be very pricey!

Agree put a pic up CEM - we all want to guess! Although we all seem to be predicting girls!

That's another thing I will now have to think about - a soft carrycot or a hard one... eeee sooooo many things to consider!

That's another thing I will now have to think about - a soft carrycot or a hard one... eeee sooooo many things to consider!

I know, I think I saw around 50 travel systems before deciding! But to be honest, eventually went with what I fell in love with!
I was looking something that will be every thing I want and need, and the list is long:

Rear/front facing
Hard carrycot
Reclined pushchair
Separate base (one you can swap easily between pushchair, carrycot and car seat)
Suspensions
Big wheels
Good price (we were looking at spending no more then £350)

I think that is it :dohh:

I don't really care about weight as I will not need to take it up the stairs
and don't really care about the shopping basket ether, but its also quite important.

Good luck... lol :flower:

This is probably the most random thing but i just got the oddest feeling that purapura will have her baby first, then RebeccaG, then me and then CEM1805 :wacko:

How weird am i!!! lol :shrug:

I wonder if ladbrokes will take a bet! ha ha! :haha:

Oh no, I am not... I have no idea what to do...lol
I want you to go first and tell me how it was... :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann