Due around August 20th!

wish food didnt sound so good to me. i have been eating everything in sight!

And for those of you who have thr fruit tickers like me, in what world is a lemon bigger than a peach?? we are peaches this wee (13) and next week we are lemons(14) what kind of sense does that make?

And for those of you who have thr fruit tickers like me, in what world is a lemon bigger than a peach?? we are peaches this wee (13) and next week we are lemons(14) what kind of sense does that make?

I know...and the onion,got to be little ones though.I wish I would knew how big my little one is:cry:
And with the food...gosh I was 60.4 kg a week ago today went the scale 62.4:argh:no wonder I get back aches.

Funny, I thought exactly the same last night. but i think if you look at it length wise, a lemon could be taller than a peach i supose.

I grew up in South Africa, and live in the UK now, and there is a huge difference in the size of peaches (well most fruit and veg). In SA all fruit and veg are so so much bigger than here in the UK.

I am taking the peach and lemon thing a bit too serious huh :wacko: lol

I blame mothertitis

Talking about Fruit, heres another which I just read as I will be 14 weeks tomorrow :) (half a banana)

14 weeks pregnant
What's happening this week...

Your baby

Your baby is now around 8-9cm – that’s half the size of a banana. The fingerprints have now developed, giving your baby its own unique identity. At this stage, your baby’s hair on its scalp and eyebrows will begin to appear.
Your little one will also be able to pass urine as its bladder will fill and empty around every half an hour. The wee will be quite diluted as your baby’s kidneys will only have limited ability to reabsorb water.
The placenta is your baby’s source for nourishment and he will be totally dependent on it. To assist with his growth, the placenta will take amino acids from your system. Amino acids make up the bulk of protein which helps organs and muscles develop.

:cry:my back pains are killing me!in the mornings is OK but from 2 pm they make me want to cry.feels almost like labor.Tylenol isn't helping:cry:

:cry:my back pains are killing me!in the mornings is OK but from 2 pm they make me want to cry.feels almost like labor.Tylenol isn't helping:cry:

My back pain is my lower lower back so to speak. And I spoke to my friend
today and we were talking about how pregnancy affects pretty much every muscle in your body.

Well anyway, cutting a long story short, she advised me to sleep with a pillow between my legs.

I'm going to try it, because thinking about it and where my back pain is, it makes a lot of sense. It just basically straightens your body up again.

Perhaps this may be some help to you?

sleeping with a body pillow works wonders for back pain!

sleeping with a body pillow works wonders for back pain!

I bought myself a wedge not so long ago for under my tum, and its amazing what difference it makes. I am just currently on the lookout for a good body pillow though.

I am thinking we are going to need a bigger bed too! lol

We have a king size bed and I sleep with the snoogie. Check it out. Worth. Every. Penny.

You can also look up pregnancy stretches. I have a sheet of some that my doctor gave me. They do help, even though you might look/feel foolish, they really do help. And the pillow between your knees helps too. Pelvic rocking helps, heating pad on low. Sounds like a case of sciatica to me, and there's really nothing that will help that except stretches. There are also support belts you can buy, I saw several different designs at Motherhood Maternity today while browsing at the mall, just to get out of the house.

We have a king size bed and I sleep with the snoogie. Check it out. Worth. Every. Penny.

oooh, I wish for a King size. Here in the UK everything is smaller. So i only have a double as what they call a double bedroom is actually what i would consider a single.

Only time you can get away with big bedrooms is if its a very old house. I can see myself moving into the spare room half way through pregnancy lol

I dont know how we would sleep together anymore in anything other than a king. My husband is a large man, and I myself am not small. (5 10") We have to share a queen at my inlaws house and it feels SO SMALL :haha:

I have a body pillow for pregnancy.Is not bad at night,but only in the afternoon is killing me no matter how I sit or lay.I can't do anything then.My hubby told me that our insurance cover the chiropractor so I will give him a call tomorrow.

Second tri I suffer so far from nose bleeds/congestion
headaches
back pains.

oooh, I wish for a King size. Here in the UK everything is smaller. So i only have a double as what they call a double bedroom is actually what i would consider a single.

Only time you can get away with big bedrooms is if its a very old house. I can see myself moving into the spare room half way through pregnancy lol

I like big beds and bedrooms too.We have king and is very tall.I am only 5.2 so if I sit at the edge of the bed I am not touching the floor.Since I have tummy and back pains is a lot harder to get out or back in.I need pet stairs:)

You can also look up pregnancy stretches. I have a sheet of some that my doctor gave me. They do help, even though you might look/feel foolish, they really do help. And the pillow between your knees helps too. Pelvic rocking helps, heating pad on low. Sounds like a case of sciatica to me, and there's really nothing that will help that except stretches. There are also support belts you can buy, I saw several different designs at Motherhood Maternity today while browsing at the mall, just to get out of the house.

Thanks I will look more into that.

I think going to a chiropractor would help a lot! I am thinking about going. A friend id mine works for one and I talked to him and he said it helps pregnancy and labor and delivery a ton! He said you go on the same schedule you see your ob. I keep forgetting to scheule an appointment!! Haha

Hopefully morning sickness starts to subside for those of you who have it! Second tri is when we are suppose to feel our best but I am still tired all the time! Haha

So my sister made me feel bad last night. (Her and I are less than two years apart so we have always been close and shared friends) we had a mini girls night with me, my sister and our two best friends. Well, hubby has been talking about sending me on vacation next year since him and I usually go on one and with baby coming we both cannot go next year. So my family owns an amazing beach house in Florida that I love to go to (warm and free to stay there!) So me and another friend started talking about doing a girls trip down to the house next year in May. My sister just kept telling me how there is no way she could have left my nephew for that long when he was 9 months old and she just doesn't see how I would be able to. Am I horrible for wanting to start planning this now since some of the girls will have to plan money wise and babysitters etc. My hubby keeps saying I will deserve to get away and relax after being pregnant for 9 months especially over the entire summer. I trust my hsband 100% to take care of our child when I am gone. She just kinda made me felel like crsp I guess.

Thanks for letting me vent!!

no you are nt a bad person for wanting to hve a girls getaway when your baby is 9 months old. If SHE didnt want to leave HER baby, then that is HER choice. Doesnt make her right or you wrong. people do things differently and i think its rather responsible of your husband to offer to watch baby and allow you the getaway. Go for it. dont worry about her.. I know she is your sister, but you DO deserve a girls getaway..:hugs:

I would give anything to have been able to, or to be able to, get a vacation. LOL, stay at home mom's don't get those perks. LOL

Well I will go too.Ah man,wish my husband will send me on vacation and just take care of everything! But I couldn't be gone more then a few days...I trust my husband but I imagine he will get so overwhelmed after 2 days and I will miss my LO dearly.

*Waves*

Second tri seems to be getting worse for me in terms of symptoms. I'm a little surprised and disappointed but I keep reminding myself that baby is doing well so I just have to suck it up. Seriously, I almost worship my maternity pillow. I am dragging it up and down with me in the house. It has really helped me with my back even though I still have problems. It's not nearly as bad as it was. I think, for me, sleeping on my tummy is just a big no-no right now as it puts too much strain on my spine. When I sit on the couch, I use my pillow as well since it gives me more support. However, I too am considering seeing a chiro.

SMGP:

A lot of people think they know better. However, being able to separate yourself from baby for a little bit is a good thing. I, for one, have every intention of leaving baby with grandma once in a while to be babysat while OH and I go out together. It's just one of those things that I value. Not having baby glued to you 24/7 doesn't make you a bad mum, it just means your life doesn't revolve solely around being a mother allllll the time. Most women who cannot manage that are the ones who are lonely and depressed because they never have time to themselves. Quite frankly, I say go for it. If you are 100% comfy with it, I don't see why not. I am not sure I would manage to go too far away, just in case, but I sure would consider going on a lil vacation if baby was old enough to be away from me. :hugs::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->