Due around August 20th!

Nela - Oh wow, makes you 1 day after me. My baby measured at 6.2cm at 12 weeks and 4 days old, on your scan was that the babies size for 12 weeks 3 days? If so I would say you are probably due even a day earlier, but then I am no doctor :)

Heya Pineapple,

Hold on lemme get the scan pics. :haha: Babeh measured in at 60.5mm. Yeah my doctor said 12 weeks and 4 days I think. She told me I switch weeks on Mondays so I was at 13 weeks on Monday. Hehehe I can't keep up anymore :haha:

Had our monthy appointment today and heard baby's heartbeat! It was a strong 160bpm :happydance: it was like music! The doppler my doctor used kept picking up baby's kicks too. So sweet! Apprently we have quite the wiggler, he lost the baby a few times and had to chase him/her around hehe.

I feel so blessed that everything is going so well so far! It was especially fun after having a migraine for the last two days...yikes.

Unfortunately I still have to wait 8 more weeks to get an ultrasound! I was trying to negotiate with my doctor, but he didn't seem too interested haha.

I know what you mean! Mine is SO STRICT about the 20 week scan being at or after 20 weeks! no fun!

13 weeks today!!! WHOOHOO :happydance:

Nela - Yeah I think you can probably bank on that (19 August EDD), because your baby measures 3mm bigger than mine which is a day ahead of yours. (mine has been spot on all along, looking at my LMP, Ovulation and 3 sets of scans at 3 different places. At least you are ahead though :D I would be a bit bummed if they told me I am actually a few days behind from what i know to be lol

juhnayrae - That makes for a pretty strong baby I would say :) Makes me wonder if they are this active already, if they gona be real run arounds when they start to walk :D Mine does the same, all over the place, but then with 2 hyper parents, I dont blame my lille one. Got a double doze.

runnergrl - I would swap you if I could lol, Mine has completely messed up my plans and I am booked in for what is meant to be my 20 week scan I am booked in at 18 weeks and 5 days. I had it all planned, a scan pretty much every 4 weeks. So I had my 8 week (private) then my 12 week, then I have my 16 week (private) and was hoping for my 20 week at 20 weeks, so i can have my 24 weeks private again for the whole 3D/4D thing. So now there will only be 2 weeks from my 16 week and 20 week scan. ... I know, I can be a bit anal about these things, just wanted the perfect baby album for my baby to look at when they are older.

momof5wants1 - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Welcome to TRi 2 :D

And so it just dawned on me that I am 3 days away from 14 weeks, OMG!!!!! never thought I would actually be able to get this far, ever!! How amazing!!! knowing each baby is truly a miracle, a gift, and we get to have these little bundles of joy :cloud9:

Wahoooo for 13 weeks!!

Ladies, have you thought about contacting a local ultrasound schoolmtomsee if they need patients to practice on? I would never have thought about it until my friend asked me if I wanted to be her patient. I know dental schools and cosmetology schools do that too, so I would assume ultrasound schools would as well!

That's a great idea! I wonder how you find those locally...DH and I would love to just see how big our little one is getting!

Thanks for the tip :)

Nela - Yeah I think you can probably bank on that (19 August EDD), because your baby measures 3mm bigger than mine which is a day ahead of yours. (mine has been spot on all along, looking at my LMP, Ovulation and 3 sets of scans at 3 different places. At least you are ahead though :D I would be a bit bummed if they told me I am actually a few days behind from what i know to be lol

Hehe yeah the odd thing though is I could not have conceived earlier than the day I had in mind so I am wondering if baby is just a bit bigger than expected? I hope baby won't be too big though! Like you said though, it's better to measure ahead than behind. I'm curious to see if it will slow down or not. I have no idea how that works :haha:

My OB said the fetus goes through a large growth spurt between 12-14 weeks and most of the time, they measure ahead of their due date. MIne was measuring ahead too. they are growing SO MUCH every day right now!

Runnergirl, my OB told me the same thing yesterday at my appt. he said that baby is growing a crazy amount the next few weeks. I also remember him saying during the 1st trimester that all embryos/fetuses grow at the same rate, which is why they do dating ultrasounds pretty early because thats when they're most accurate. Once you get into the second trimester though, our babies can start to grow at different rates. He said I shouldn't be surprised if by the 3rd tri they date me weeks or even a month off during an ultrasound, apparently it's pretty standard. I guess that's what's happening with all of us at this point! It explains why some people have 10lb babies and others have 6lb babies. So interesting!!

Hello Ladies! I just got the memo from the last thread in 1st trimester that you all moved O:)
How is everyone doing?? And hooray! 2nd trimester!!! My ticker is off two days, my EDD is actually August 15th, so I'm 14 weeks today on the 14th! Hope you are all progressing well!

Happy Valentines day to all my baby n bump friends!!!

I have had an AHA moment. While sitting in the restroom waiting for nature to make up her mind to move, I figured out why we get constipated while pregnant. It's to give us 9 months of pushing training. LOL

Haha. No kidding!

How is everyone feeling now that we are entering the 2nd tri?

Haha. No kidding!

How is everyone feeling now that we are entering the 2nd tri?

Pregnant. Lol. The nausea kicked in and is coming regularly now and even had my first puke today. :nope: :haha: Seriously, I'm getting more grouchy and feeling the symptoms more now. All day yesterda I felt like someone was stabbing my boobs. What in the world? :wacko: Hehehe. :dohh:

I have had an AHA moment. While sitting in the restroom waiting for nature to make up her mind to move, I figured out why we get constipated while pregnant. It's to give us 9 months of pushing training. LOL

LOL! I've been dealing with the same thing this week... :blush: I actually took some Colace to help it all out, but even still it only helps a little!

No nausea anymore,thank God!
But still need to weak up 5 times at night to pee or drink water:) the bump is there and started to moisturize it.
I love to hear the HB and how it moves with the Doppler.every now and then I feel like gentle movements under the skin.

Had the NT scan today and everything looked great, all measurements were right on. Can't believe we're moving to 2nd tri now! A third of the way there- even though at times it goes so slow I still feel like I just got my BFP yesterday!

Had the NT scan today and everything looked great, all measurements were right on. Can't believe we're moving to 2nd tri now! A third of the way there- even though at times it goes so slow I still feel like I just got my BFP yesterday!

I know...I literally start crying of the day when my little one arrives! I can't wait.but for me first tri was a long scary one.

I ordered a pregnancy yoga/pilates DVD.I hope I can motivate myself everyday alone in my living room to do some stretching. Walking the dog feels good too,although I feel like a old lady when she starts pulling.

Wish my nausea was getting any better! I still find myself getting sick and gagging throughout the day. At my 12 week appointment I had lost weight (not a lot, but some) so the OB said that if the nausea didn't go away soon I should call and she'll give me Zofran. If I don't have an improvement over the weekend I think I'll call Monday. I feel my energy picking up a bit so I'd love to have a real appetite again. The only reason I eat is to stop the gagging, pretty much NO FOOD actually sounds good to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->