Due around August 20th!

Had doctor's appointment this morning! My doctor was sick so I met with another doctor there. Her and my doctor are kind of partners, so if my doctor is not on call when I go into labor, this other doctor will deliver, so it was nice I got to meet her and I am thinking about scheduling a few more appointments with her so she is not a total stranger! But, I must be honest, I like my doctor a lot more! This doctor was very nice, but she seemed very shy and quiet and my doctor is more upbeat and funny. She measured my uterus and said I was measuring exactly 16 weeks and I had her look at my ultrasound pics my friend did for me and she said what she can tell, everything looks fine and it looks like baby is growing at the right rate and the body parts she could see look great! Heartbeat was strong at 165 and we even heard a couple of kicks or punches on the doppler. Hahaha! Next appointment is ultrasound!!

Question for you ladies: who are you going to have in the delivery room with you? Just hubby? Hubby and mom? Any friends? I am really struggling with this. I was in the room when my nephew was born and I was also in the room when my best friends first son was born and I would like for my sister, my best friend and my mom to all be in there, but the more I think about it the more I think that might be too many people. I was talking to my mom today and she said she thinks it should just be me and hubby and she will not be offended or anything if we want it to just be us and she doesn't EXPECT that she will be in the room. There is a big part of me that is feeling like, well, I was in the room with sister and bf, so they should be in the room. My mom thinks that it would really make hubby happy and be really special to him if it was just him and I. I know he is not super excited about having a few extra people in there, but if it is what I want, he will be okay with it. My sister had me, her boyfriend, my mom, my nephew's Godmother, another girlfriend and boyfriend's mom! It was actually crazy in there and I do not want it to be like that. I have pretty much already told my sister and my best friend that they can be in there and they are both really really excited about it and I always feel guilty about everything and I know if I change my mind I will feel guilty...If I had to chose one person other than hubby, it would be my best friend, hands down....but I KNOW my sister would be pissed and I would feel bad picking those two but not my mom..even though my mom said she doesn't care! So I feel like it has to be all or nothing. Just me and hubby or mom, sister, and best friend!! I am already stressing about this!!

SMGP, So glad everything is looking good! I will be just having my husband in the room with me. I would say do what makes you feel the most comfortable, regardless of whose feelings you might hurt. I am the same way as you though, I feel guilty about everything so it'd be tough for me to speak up. But it's your guys' baby so it's ultimately up to you who you do and do not want in your room, and if someone gets hurt by it you can't change anything about it they just have to learn to deal with it. I would think once baby is born whomever wasn't happy that they couldn't be in there would quickly forget once they get to meet the new member of your family. Good luck in your decision! I know it's easier said then done, but try to not let it stress you out.

For me, well , I feel the birth of child is an intimate time, and too many people becomes a crowd, which just adds stress. But at the same, I wouldn't just have my partner, either a mother or best friend (but saying that i guess it depends on how experienced you are at giving birth), but for me as a first time, mum or best friend, may help where partner/hubby cant or can relief some of the stress which they may feel, takes a wee bit of the pressure off partner/hubby.

But that is just my opinion.

My first, hubby was with me, and mom was in the doorway. 2nd and 3rd, just hubby was there. 4th was a friend since hubby was in Kuwait training them on how we protect ourselves. 5th was a friend since current hubby was in Little Rock, and we are in Tulsa. LOL, love the life of a truckers wife. This time it's anyone's guess since he hates hospitals and his oldest is our babysitter and is due a week before me. I will probably be alone in there, knowing my luck.

I really hadn't thought that far ahead but think it will just myself and Hubby. The whole ttc thing was something we struggled with ourselves and that other people around up just didn't understand so to finally get there is something special for us x

Yay!! Entering a new week is the best feeling!!!

definitely just me and the hubby in the room. In laws or my mom will be with our son, and I have never even considered having anyone else in the room. That is how I would prefer it though. We made the child, I think we should be the ones to welcome him/her into the world<3

Hi Ladies, are you changing your dates in your minds when you are scanned and baby is measuring different to your own dates?
I know I felt ovulation so im pretty sure my dates are spot on but baby is 2 days ahead and now I find myself tending towards that date more and more as it means I reach each new week sooner he he!!! That would make me 16 weeks today! Yay!
Hmm, considering changing my ticker too.

I change my date. But only after my doctor changed it on my chart.. I dont think 2 days are going to make much of a difference, so if you want to, go for it. just know it mightnot add up with your Dr's due date for you.

Its the doctors date I'm changing it too as they changed it on my notes at 13wks when I had last scan. Id been resisting so far as I know when I ovulated. Think I'm giving in now though :)

I don't have my 20 week scan scheduled yet,I will on the 14 th when I go for the regular appoiment.then I will be 17 week and a half.hopefully I will not have to wait a lot longer.

16 weeks today wo-hoo:happydance:

I know that they do the dating scan at 12 weeks or prior as it is the best time to date (most accurate) and then they tend to stick with that date.

Scans can differ right to an entire week. Which is why they tend to stick to your LMP + Original scan.

They wouldn't change my med records for a change of 2 days, as it could change again.

But with me so far, I have had a total of 4 scans (8+3, 9+5, 12+4,16+3), only one of which was a bit out by 3 days, which was my 2nd scan (9 weeks 3 days, which came up as 9 weeks 2 days. Then the 2 scans after that were bang on original.

hey guys, i'm due on august the 20th. this is my 2nd baby. my little boy is 2.5years. would love some bump buddies :)

How is everyone doing? Kinda quiet!

Sorry, had a bet with hubby about if I could go 24 hours without getting on the computer. LOL, made it nearly 48 hours. HAHAHA

Had a scan today, little one was snoozing. He said it's definitely a girl. Her heartbeat was 142. I've been feeling jabs for a week now, daily. Anyone else??

Hahahaha. That is awesome! That sounds like a bet me and my hubby would make...but considering I have a smart phone and an ipad..he pile never really know that I went online. Hahahahahaha.

I felt flutters like 2 weeks ago for a few days but I have not felt any since. : ( so hopefully in the next few weeks I will start feeling some more!

Awesome! Congrats!

I see me and you are moving from one thread to another,lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"