Due around August 20th!

I just think it is so cool that baby recognizes mom and dad's voice when they are born.. amazing!

I read somewhere that at 12 weeks the baby's reflexes are working so if you poke your belly the baby will "jump" around. Anyone herd this or believe it? Not that we could feel it now, it is just crazy to think that! I also read they can hear at 16 weeks...what has everyone else heard or read?

So, I just found this website that talks about baby's reflexes. Sounds like you were right SMGP!

https://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-12-weeks_1101.bc

We heard the heartbeat today!!!! At the last appointment only doctor could hear it but we BOTH got to hear it! Hubby came to the appointment with me. There were definitely some happy tears!! I don't think he was expecting it to be so fast....he was like, geez, why was it so fast?! Hahaha. It was like 165-170, so nice a strong!!! Now I wanna buy a doppler and listen to it all day every single day!!!!!!!! Hahahaha.

We also made our baby "Facebook official" and announced today. I took a picture of all my vitamins and put, "I hate the fish oil pills but BABY needs them!" So many excited friends and family! A friend of mine is 36 weeks pregnant with twin girls, so our babies will only be like 6 months apart!! It is STARTING to feel more real now, especially after hearing the heartbeat!! Now I just wanna feel baby move!!!

Got a call from my doctor earlier. Seems he got injured somehow this morning and now has to have surgery to repair the tendons in his foot, so he won't be able to see me as scheduled tomorrow. Had to reschedule for Monday morning with the PA.

We heard the heartbeat today!!!! At the last appointment only doctor could hear it but we BOTH got to hear it! Hubby came to the appointment with me. There were definitely some happy tears!! I don't think he was expecting it to be so fast....he was like, geez, why was it so fast?! Hahaha. It was like 165-170, so nice a strong!!! Now I wanna buy a doppler and listen to it all day every single day!!!!!!!! Hahahaha.

We also made our baby "Facebook official" and announced today. I took a picture of all my vitamins and put, "I hate the fish oil pills but BABY needs them!" So many excited friends and family! A friend of mine is 36 weeks pregnant with twin girls, so our babies will only be like 6 months apart!! It is STARTING to feel more real now, especially after hearing the heartbeat!! Now I just wanna feel baby move!!!

aww I love happy news! Congrats! so happy for you!

I read somewhere that at 12 weeks the baby's reflexes are working so if you poke your belly the baby will "jump" around. Anyone herd this or believe it? Not that we could feel it now, it is just crazy to think that! I also read they can hear at 16 weeks...what has everyone else heard or read?

I read the same as you! :) But on my 8+3 week scan baby did wriggle about. And they do say babies dont really like ultra sounds, even though it does them no harm. So im thinking perhaps mine wriggled because of the scan.

I also know that when i use my Doppler, baby moves away withing a few seconds, every time a coconut.

So i think this baba of mine just likes to be left alone :D

Got a call from my doctor earlier. Seems he got injured somehow this morning and now has to have surgery to repair the tendons in his foot, so he won't be able to see me as scheduled tomorrow. Had to reschedule for Monday morning with the PA.

SMGP - Congratulations :D Really happy for you, like you, i am more than ready to feel baby move, cant wait for that day!, We are also now officially Facebook announced, lol funny how FB is the way to go now :) I am going to send family Pregnancy announcement cards with a couple of scans in them. I am just waiting for my scans tomorrow.

momof5wants1 - Oh No! They should really have got a locum. But atleast baba will be that wee bit bigger when you dohave the scan :D That how I look at my scan being 4 days into my 12 weeks kind of thing (so im really only 2 days away from being 13 weeks. (What one (being me) will do to make themself feel better about things lol )

runnergrl - I also think it is just so so amazing when they recognize your voice, also most babies tend to look like dad when they are born and I heard that it is so that dad can recognize his child, i think this comes from way back in the days when we all lived in caves etc lol, But if true then that's pretty amazing too! But I have to admit, since i heard that I have found most babies (new born) to look like the dad.

Hubby is already talking to my belly. Haha.
That's very interesting that babies look like the dad, but yeah, it definitely makes sense!

When is everyone going to move over to second tri? Next week?

Hubby is already talking to my belly. Haha.
That's very interesting that babies look like the dad, but yeah, it definitely makes sense!

When is everyone going to move over to second tri? Next week?

I would say I will be in my 2nd Tri on Sunday, which is 13 weeks 0 days :)

Cant wait!!!! its like completing a hardest marathon.

yep, ill be moving monday, 13 weeks! baby will be a peach!

One week from today will be 13 weeks for me and on to the 2nd trimester. Time sure is flying.

One week from tomorrow for me! Time really is flying! I can't wait to meet our little bubs though :)

Alright! A week from today it is! I have heard so many different things...12 weeks 14 weeks. I know if you break it up evenly it is like 13.3 weeks each trimester. Eeeeekkkkkk!!!

Runnergirl! I just looked at the bumps thread and it looks like you are starting to pop!! Looks soooo cute!!!

*Waves to everyone* How are you all feeling? :flower: Getting excited to be moving on to next trimester soon?

Feeling totally wiped out here myself to be honest. All I want to do is sleep! Been so very achy. Yesterday, I started having a lil brown spotting so that scared me a lil but I kept reminding myself that I have read about it plenty on here and that it's generally no cause for concern so that helped.

On Wednesday, I had a very thorough heart ultrasound. It took over half an hour and the sonographer had fun pointing out my chambers and all. Lol. It was quite interesting. My heart rate while lying down was 135bpm and it was quite impressive to see it on the screen! Wow, I would have loved to see how it looked at 180bpm! Darn. too bad. :haha: Anywho, the sonographer saw in the notes that I was pregnant and, when we were done, she asked if we wanted to see the baby... Oh? But of course! :happydance: She told us she made no guarantee since she only looks at hearts all day and it's not her job but she said she knew what a baby is :haha: So, within 5 seconds we saw lil babeh, dancing away happily. We simply all burst into laughter while baby was happily moving about, strong heartbeat and all. :happydance: Unfortunately, she had no printing paper so we couldn't get a copy of our dancing baby but it was just nice to be able to see him/her. It was nice because I was stressing for tomorrow and, since I wasn't expecting to see baby yesterday, I didn't have time to stress. Now, here's hoping we get nice pictures tomorrow! :happydance:

what a wonderful, unexpected surprise! how lovely:flower:

*Waves to everyone* How are you all feeling? :flower: Getting excited to be moving on to next trimester soon?

Feeling totally wiped out here myself to be honest. All I want to do is sleep! Been so very achy. Yesterday, I started having a lil brown spotting so that scared me a lil but I kept reminding myself that I have read about it plenty on here and that it's generally no cause for concern so that helped.

On Wednesday, I had a very thorough heart ultrasound. It took over half an hour and the sonographer had fun pointing out my chambers and all. Lol. It was quite interesting. My heart rate while lying down was 135bpm and it was quite impressive to see it on the screen! Wow, I would have loved to see how it looked at 180bpm! Darn. too bad. :haha: Anywho, the sonographer saw in the notes that I was pregnant and, when we were done, she asked if we wanted to see the baby... Oh? But of course! :happydance: She told us she made no guarantee since she only looks at hearts all day and it's not her job but she said she knew what a baby is :haha: So, within 5 seconds we saw lil babeh, dancing away happily. We simply all burst into laughter while baby was happily moving about, strong heartbeat and all. :happydance: Unfortunately, she had no printing paper so we couldn't get a copy of our dancing baby but it was just nice to be able to see him/her. It was nice because I was stressing for tomorrow and, since I wasn't expecting to see baby yesterday, I didn't have time to stress. Now, here's hoping we get nice pictures tomorrow! :happydance:

Aww, that's so nice! What a nice sonographer! I keep trying to negotiate with my doctor about getting an ultrasound sooner, I hate that we have to wait another 2 months to see our sweet baby! I bet he/she has changed so much in just the past few weeks.

Oh ive missed a lot. I have just been sleeping. :/ last night hubby and I looked at cribs. Tax season might as well be my excuse to start buying ill be in 2nd tri in 1 wk 1 d. Have you ladies looked at any? I dnt want to spend too much. Anyone made any purchases yet?

Oh ive missed a lot. I have just been sleeping. :/ last night hubby and I looked at cribs. Tax season might as well be my excuse to start buying ill be in 2nd tri in 1 wk 1 d. Have you ladies looked at any? I dnt want to spend too much. Anyone made any purchases yet?

I spend a lot of time looking...but have not bought anything yet. We are moving into a bigger house in June so I wanna wait until we move so we do not have more stuff to move. My parents bought the crib for my nephew so I am hoping that they will buy ours!!
I also know for sure my mom is throwing me a family shower and my sister and my best feiend are doing a friends one so I kinda wanna wait to see what I get from that.my best friend also has a newborn car seat from her last baby that was never used that she is going to give us!!
For a crib I would suggest spending a little more and getting one that converts to a toddler bed, my sister did that for my nephew and she loved it!

Oh we have pretty much everything already, but we have been buying over the past few years. All still boxed up in original packaging and furniture will need building etc. And to be honest it worked out to be a blessing as I wont have a job to go back to at end of March (redundancies).

So at least we do not have to worry about all the big stuff, Just have to get clothes, diapers type of things. But I am leaving that till after the baby shower which my best friend is arranging for me. I am sure we will get tons of clothes as gifts.

But I tell you what, I cant wait to unpack everything!!!! You know when you open something, see what it is and then you have that aaah forgot I had that.... thats what I am looking forward to :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->