• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Due date buddies needed... August 22nd or close to it anyone?

Hi ladies, I am due August 21st (my prediction, not confirmed by doctor yet)... I'm also debating who to tell, given the festive season as I love my wine and soft cheeses and it will be painfully obvious :blush: Only my sister knew we were TTC but I really want to share the news with the rest of my immediate family!

I'm wondering the same thing...though really I would only want to tell my mum. I can't decide if I should or not. On one hand it'll be easier as you won't have to worry about excuses etc but on the other, personally I really wanted to wait til gone 12 weeks because of our past losses. I don't know!

I agree it's the hardest time of year to keep quiet about but it must be so nice to give them some good news at Christmas, it's the only time of year for us the whole family gets together.

I was Prescribed clomid by fertility clinic whilst waiting for lap, which was supposed to be one week today but do I need to contact clinic to tell them I'm pregnant? Obviously I've already cancelled lap but didn't know if just go through my doctor now or the clinic will follow it through?

I really don't know...can you phone your doctor and ask them what the usual procedure is?

Hi ladies, I am due August 21st (my prediction, not confirmed by doctor yet)... I'm also debating who to tell, given the festive season as I love my wine and soft cheeses and it will be painfully obvious :blush: Only my sister knew we were TTC but I really want to share the news with the rest of my immediate family!

Haha. Those are the exact reasons we are telling my mom, dad, sister, brother and BIL on Christmas Eve. We always drink and play games on Christmas Eve ( and Christmas day!) At mom and dad's. They will know something is up if I am not drinking!

well ladies..how is everyone doing..this thread got pushed to the bottom of my subscribed ones! sorry for not posting in so long...

oh wow it has been awhile!!!!

doing good so far here! had my first scan on tuesday :) saw and heard the heartbeat! 162 bpm! have gotten away without throwing up so far but the nausea has picked up quite a bit and if i don't eat i will probably throw up! how are you doing mrsjerome?

Oh wow this thread totally fell off my radar too since no one else was posting!! Hope you all had a great xmas :)

I am a bundle of nerves, just got a call to ask me in for a scan today. Wasn't expecting it at all. Luckily I work for myself and DH had planned a day working at home today so he is able to come with me. Just trying to steel myself for bad news, I don't have the greatest track record for scans in that hospital :( :( :( Wish me luck!!!

bella I'm pleased your scan went well :) Def recommend keeping up with eating. I've ended up gagging but with an empty stomach, so nothing actually happens but you still feel rough. Then it does your neck and shoulders in because of all the heaving. Fun fun fun....

*Waves*

My due date of August 22nd was confirmed this morning. How is everyone doing? :flower:

Hi Nela! welcome to the group...we all forgot about it ..must be pregnancy brain haha...

Bella Im lucky to not have puked or even dry heaved yet but def have food aversions and just the last day the actually feeling pukey no matter what has kicked in....I went to the store and bought meal replacement shakes and protein bars and stuff I can always eat like fig newtons and grapes ane bananas and crackers and applejuice and those kinda things...its like anything that has to be cooked just grosses me out..had to make dinner for hubby last night and it included home made guacamole and then icky fresh cilantro...ugh :sick: !!

We found out at our first scan on Jan 2nd that we are having TWINS!!! :yellow: :yellow: of course no idea what they are but I THINK its one of each!!!

Smiler hope you scan goes well and did they tell you why they called out of the blue? Let us know how you get on!!

B has an eye drs appt today to see if she is really totally blind or if there is anything we can do to help her sight wise since her stroke and tumor so we'll be there for a while and then she has to get her port flushed..luckily its all at/around the childrens hospital so not alot of driving or draggin her in and out of the car....

Will report back this afternoon with any news...oh and when is everyones next scan or appt? and how far along will you be?

Twins!!! Oh wow congrats MrsJerome!!

I'm sorry I don't know your story at all but looking at your tickers your daughter had some pretty serious health issues? I am so sorry. Bless her little heart having to go through so much at such a young age :hugs: I really hope you get some good news about her sight this afternoon, let us know.

The reason I got an out-of-the-blue scan is just because I saw my GP on Dec 14th and she wrote to the hospital. I have a history of miscarriage so usually they let you have an early scan for reassurance. I saw the doc again yesterday and told her I'd not heard from the hospital at all, and she was really annoyed so she got in touch with them again. I was expecting a letter and a scan in a week or two, not a phone call and an offer of one today! I'm pleased because it's less time to get myself nervous and wound up. So FX all is well.... will update later x

Oh well atleast they offered you an early one otherwise I would go crazy I think!!

They said that sight wise and eye wise physically she is fine even at her option nerve so any problems she is having is just with her brain interpreting everything and that she will get better not worse if anything so its just a waiting game like anything else..so that is good news atleast...

Oh that is good news. FX in time things will improve xx

Scan went fine, they put me a few days ahead which is nice :) So EDD moved to 19th Aug but I know babies just arrive when they're good and ready. Still nervous for the next few weeks but really happy too :)

smiler glad to hear everything went well! thats great!! and the dry heaving doesn't sound fun at all :nope: i feel like i might be getting to that point though!

mrs.jerome congrats on the twins!!! how exciting! and thats so good to hear that B is doing well and will only be getting better :)

My next scan is feb 4. I should be about 12 weeks and 5 days i think! can't wait!

Thanks ladies!

Eurgh the dry heaving is horrid! Have decided it must partly be psychological so when it starts I now try to stop it, mind over matter type thing. ..doesn't always work but worth a go!

My next scan is just after yours bella, 6th Feb. Might go for a private one around 10 weeks tho, can't decide!

yay how exciting!!! hopefully well keep this thread going this time so we can post some pics for each other :) lol

Been a while..seen some of you around on the forums..just wanted to know how everyone was getting on? Still having annoying first tri symptoms or are they going away? Finding out genders soon? Anything else new?

Oh wow yes this thread slipped under the radar for a while!

Things with me are all good thanks. We did go for a 10 week scan in the end and it was brilliant. It was private, so equipment was way better than what you get in the hospital. Heard the heartbeat, which was just amazing. And it helped to calm my nerves a little in the run up to the 12 week scan. We were both still a bit scared and kind of preparing ourselves for bad news, but thankfully it all went well and we've been able to start sharing the news with family and friends.

I still get really tired, anyone else? Also I thought the sickness was over and done with as I felt a lot better in week 12, but I keep getting sick once a week. Weird. Wondering if maybe baby has a little growth spurt and it makes me ill. Plays havoc with my work schedule :/

How is everyone else doing? x

glad all is well! scans can be very reassuring...I cant wait for my next one which is the gender scan in 3 weeks! are you having one of those?

At the moment I have a sinus infection so that sucks lol...still getting pukey and having serious food aversions and will want something but spit it out midbite and just be :sick: idk if twins makes that worse or not..also kinda tired and just blah...not feeling very 2nd tri yet coz the 1st tri symptoms seem to want to stick around...

hey ladies! glad to hear from you :) doing pretty well over here. Also still have some first tri symptoms. still pretty tired but don't feel like I'm going to fall asleep standing up in the middle of the day haha. I thought the nausea would be gone by now too but it still creeps up on me and is actually a little worse since the 14 week mark which i thought was kinda weird. My next appointment is march 4th! Ill be 16 weeks and 4 days and he mentioned a gender scan but I'm not sure if he meant on that day or not so well see! I really hope they do!!

keep in touch ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->