Due Early Nov 2011

Hi girls.

Sparklyjubbly - Nice to meet you and welcome to the group!!

Amerikiwi - Glad to hear it is not just me with a bloated belly looking 5 months already lol Hope the bloat goes down for you soon too.

Drgomps - When is your next scan hun? I have everything crossed for you.

Quartzbaby - Hope you are getting through the m/s with a toddler. Is there any family that can help you out a bit?

It has been a tough week in our house this past week. It started with DD Kenzie getting gastro on Wed night/Thursday then Fri night/Saturday my DS Ryder had it then last night and today both my OH and I have had it blergh :sick::sick: I am starting to feel a bit better tonight. Luckily my sister who is a paedeatric nurse had the day off today so she offered to come and get the kids for me and she took them to my Mum and Dad's place today so OH and I could get better. She really was my angel today. I just hope bub is ok. I have my scan on Wednesday morning so can't wait to see it!!

Amerikiwi, I too feel extremely bloated!! Like I am already showing!!

Twinkie, sorry to hear there is bug going around your house, I have been sick too. A nasty cold. Been in bed all weekend and just used the netty pot and got all that nasty phlegm out.

My scan is tomorrow. I can't tell you ladies how badly I am looking forward to it. Praying for a heartbeat and that everything is okay.

My bub has a heartbeat!! Measuring exactly to the day!! 9mm CRL, strong heart flutter!!

My friend snuck in a camera to tape the little bub!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FW3mkrKhoE

DrGomps - That is great. I am so happy for you that you got to see the heartbeat :thumbup: How is the sickness going?

I went for my scan the other day also but it wasn't great. I am sure of my dates but when they did the scan she could only see the gestational sac and the yolk sac but no fetal pole and said that it was only measuring 5weeks 6days instead of the 6weeks 3days that I am pretty sure I was. I am feeling really worried at the moment. I went to talk to my Dr the same afternoon and she said not to be too worried at this stage as I might have just been out with my dates :shrug: She sent me for a blood test yesterday and another one today and she is going to have a look at my HCG levels and if they are still rising and I have another scan booked for Tuesday afternoon. I really hope that everything is ok and I just have a slow starter on my hands :wacko: I hate all this waiting though. On the positive side I am still feeling quite queezy and have had a couple of vomits so I am just going to try and take that as a positive sign.

DrGomps, congrats on the hb! Great news.

Twinkie, sorry to hear that your scan wasn't as far ahead as you thought. It's still at such an early stage that a couple days late on ovulation or how long it took to implant would make a huge difference as to what can be seen on the scan. As you say, you could just very well have a slow starter on your hands. So sorry you have to wait through the weekend until a second scan-as much as its easier said than done, try not to worry to much. :hugs:

As for me, I've been unable to do much of anything except puke. I even wake in the middle of the night to get sick. Taking B6 and ginger with no succes. Most everyone says that their second pregnancy had totally different symptoms than first so I was hoping to avoid it this time, but it's hit much harder than the first time.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Twinkie, its really possible to be off by a few days and at this point a few days makes a world of difference!!! Remember when you get an OPk you can ovulate 12-72 hours after. Implantation can take 6-12 days.

Amerikiwi, sorry you are feeling so sick. I haven't been puking as much, I am actually wearing seabands and that helps.

Also, I gained a TON of weight...I am sort of an average build, not underweight, not overweight. I think alot of its liquid, cuz I have gained 15lbs!! My scale has a fat % thing and my fat % has actually decreased. And since I got pregnant I have been doing lots of prenatal exercises and eating really well. Also, my bbs are at least a cup size bigger. None of my bras fit!! This weekend going shopping for new ones.

Dr Gomps - great news about the heartbeat! It must be such a relief.

Twinkie - as Dr Gomps said, the dates can be out even if you're sure when you Ov'd because of the massive range of possible implantation dates. I wouldn't worry too much, it's only 4 days different after all. And at least you're being sick still! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you on Tuesday.

Amerikiwi - sorry to hear you've been so sick, especially when having a little one to look after. Hopefully it won't last must longer!

I've just been sick, sick and more sick. I'm kindof getting used to it now and have stopped eating the foods that start me off (bread, mostly) and sticking to ones that stop it (full fat milk and fruit - not at the same time) I'm ready for the second trimester to start, my sister is 21 weeks now and is loving being pregnant and is looking fantastic. I want that!

Notjustyet, I know what you mean about being further along...I want to be showing, be done with MS and have my energy back. Not to mention these next few months are really busy ones for me at work.

The first tri definitely has to be the worst, you get all the crap bits but none of the fun bits - like buying baby stuff and having everyone know and be excited for you (although all my close friends and family know). And you have a stronger chance of the M word. I'll definitely be happy when it's done! And my holiday happens to be when I'm 13 weeks, which is a bonus!

Dr Gomps I know what you mean about weight gain. I don't have weighing scales so I'm not sure about actual weight but I've always been a UK size 10 and now I'm having to undo the top button of my jeans (massive bloat after eating) and everything seems to be digging in and feeling a lot tighter. I might have to go and buy some clothes in a bigger size for now. Also the underwire in my bra is killing me so I'm gonna have to get myself measured for a new one. I've heard sports bras are supposed to be good until you actually need a maternity one.

I've updated the first post with everyones due dates and a bit of family history, but I was thinking we could also add something about the babys sex - like hoping for a girl / feels like it's a boy / wanting to be surprised - so could everyone put down their feelings about the sex and I'll add it to the front page. Then we can update it if people do find out what they're having.

And if anyone thinks of anything else that could be added to the front / title of the thread, let me know.

oooh great idea notjustyet!! I want a girl, though DH wants a boy. But we will be happy with a healthy baby!!

I totally have to undo the top button of my jeans as well!! last night at the wedding when I was dancing it hit my husband that I am pregnant and he was completely floored!!

Aww bless him. They do take their time don't they! Although I've got to say it comes to me in waves, all of a sudden I just start thinking 'I'm actually pregnant' and start smiling to myself. It looks weird when I'm out walking the dog smiling to myself ha!

That's the same as us, I want a girl (because we have 2 nephews and no nieces) but he wants a boy (so he can buy nice trainers and pass on his football skills!) but really neither of us care either way - we'll hopefully be having a few more babies anyway!

I've been so bored this weekend - OHs been away in Poland for a stag do (although the stag ended up getting stuck in Afghanistan so couldn't go). He's been away since Friday afternoon and doesn't get back till late Monday night / early Tuesday morning. And muggins here has to go and pick him up. But to be fair to him it was booked last year and when the stag dropped out he offered to stay home too. Just can't wait to get him back!

Good Evening,

I'd like to join if I might :) My due date is 11/12/11, and this is our first one

I have some great news that everything is well with baby. I went to the Dr yesterday to get my blood test results and my levels were rising. On Thursday my HCG was 40100 and Friday they were 49300 so my Dr was happy with that. Then I went for my follow up scan today and saw my beautiful bubba with a gorgeous flickering heart. Although last Wednesday the lady couldn't even see the fetal pole and it was only measuring 5 weeks 6 days today it had caught up to where it should be and was measuring 7weeks 2days :happydance::happydance::happydance:

InsaneKumquat - Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy!

Notjustyet - Hope your weekend wasn't too lonely and that your OH is back home now. Thats a great idea about updating the first page of the thread. I really don't mind what the sex of this baby is as we already have one of each but we will be finding out what it is.

DrGomps - I am with you on the top button of pants being undone already :dohh: I have this thing called a belly belt which can extend your pants so basically it buttons on to your pants to still keep them together. It is pretty good.

Amerikiwi - I hope your feeling ok. All that puking sucks. Try and rest when you can (which I know is incredibly hard with a toddler)

welcome insane kumquat!! how are you feeling??

Twinkie, so happy you had a great scan, such a relief.

notjustyet, sorry you had to endure the weekend alone. My DH works 13 hour days /7 days a week so I haven't seen him much lately, but at least I had him sleeping next to me, there is something very comforting about that.

think I may have to get that belly belt. Can't believe how fast mine is expanding.

That's great news Twinkie! It must be so reassuring to know everything's ok. My appointment isn't until 11th April, I'm getting so frustrated I just want to be told everything's ok!

Welcome insanekumquat - I've added you to the front page. When did you find out?

DrGomps - OHs back now, I went to pick him up just after midnight so I've been shattered all day today. I know what you mean about having him next to you, I don't know how soldiers wives do it, they're stronger women than I am. I'm just used to having him here all the time - as I type this he's playing on the floor with the dog (so cute)!

I ended up telling my manager today. We went out for a team lunch and I ate loads so when I got back to the office my stomach was sticking out that much that I'm sure everyone noticed (only 1 person at work knows, in a department of about 50) or it could just me being paranoid because I could see it. I was dreading telling her as she's going through IVF (after trying for 4 years and having 2 mcs) and just 2 weeks ago found out that her cycle hadn't worked, so she has to wait 3 months for the next attempt. It went better than I expected, I'm just so glad it's done I now have a weight off my shoulders.

notjustyet, I need to tell my boss...my belly is definitely sticking out. But she is going to flip, she is not the maternal type(she is in her 60s but has a daughter my age). She doesn't want us to have a social life, she just wants us for the work she can get out of us!!

Just bite the bullet and do it, better she hears it from you directly than works it out for herself. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->