Due in July 2012- The Babies

awwww he is gorgeous!!! The first baby of this thread!! So exciting! I can't wait to see all of his friends in the coming weeks!

Keep us posted on this beautiful boy's name :)

Hey ladies!! Had some time as Daddy is holding Max! How is it going?? My man is eating so so so much and surprisingly my breasts aren't hurting much, or I just expected it to be worse. He had a great latch from the start so I think that really helped. But he wants to eat SO MUCH. Anybody else experiencing this? We are keeping records and writing down times he eats, which breast, when he pees/poops, and times we put him down. He sleeps a lot, poops every 4ish hours and wants to eat when he's awake. I guess this is normal newborn behavior? Lol! What are others patterns like??

I am so in love with my boy! I hope everyone is getting on well! :) :) :)

Excited- Iain feeds about every 3 hours during the day, about every 1-2 hours overnight :dohh: ( gotta change that day/night confusion!!!!) We usually change him before a feed to get him a little more awake. He averages about 8 poops per day, has usually peed each time too.

My boobs were pretty sore, hard and hot the day my milk came in (day 3), but since then they haven't been too bad.

I am supposed to start taking labetalol today as my BP is still up. I am terrified to take it as it is apparently excreted in breast milk even though it has been deemed safe to use by the American Pediatric Association.

I just stare at Iain in awe on a regular basis.

Bug, that is about right for us too. For the first two nights at home he would go down at 9, sleep for 3.5-4 hours, then feed and be up for an hour, then sleep for another 3.5/4 hours. It was amazing!!! But.. he didn't do that last night. Lol. Hoping he does it again and it stays that way, although I am sure things will change hundreds of times.

So we didn't get him circumcised. The nurse told us that we should retract his a tiny bit when we change his diaper.. well I have read online and everything says NOT!! to do that. That it will happen on its own. Bug, I dunno if you got your boy circumcised or not, but if you didn't, what do you do? They actually weren't very nice about it in the hospital, I couldn't believe it... the nurse said, "Yeah well, like 99% of people do get them circumcised." (which is totally inaccurate...!!!) I would have gone off on her had I not been so insanely tired after giving birth. Crazy... I guess because I am in the US and it's more common to get it done here, I dunno.

We have our first pediatrician visit today at 3:30. I will ask her then and see what she says. If she says to retract it, I don't know what I'm going to do. He had some blood in his diaper and it looks irritated and now I feel AWFUL for thinking that we hurt him when we were just doing what they said to do. :( :( :( Blood is gone since we have not been doing it and we've only been using wet washcloths to wipe his penis, not wipes, as thought that might irritate too.

Anybody else know what to do? Sorry that's so darn long.

no we didn't get him circumcised... we were told NOT to retract at all and that it can cause damage. Just clean as is.

Iain slept in his bassinet for the first time last night!! Woohoo!!! His one week old present to us! Before he would feed, fall asleep but as soon as we put him down he would be awake and screaming... last night he slept in between feeds so we actually also got some sleep!! It was wonderful!

Thank you Bug.. my pediatrician told us not to as well. I am so pissed at the nurse at the hospital and others there that said we should... and made us feel bad for not circumcising him?!

Wooohoo!! That's awesome he slept in his bassinet. We have this rock n play sleeper that he sleeps in but for the past two nights he has been up like crazy in the middle of the night feeding FOREVER.

Yeah Iain feeds way more at night than during the day... daytime it is about every 3 hours.. night anywhere from every hour to two..

I have heard that as many times as I get up to go pee will be how many times I get up to breast feed in the beginning:)

.... And I get up to pee a lot! Lol

hahaha...unfortunately it's true!!!!

how are all the mommies doing? how is breastfeeding and engorgement treating you all?

Maddie is really struggling with feeding. She can latch but sometimes gets so angry she just can't get there. I have loads of milk though so we are offerings breast at each feed and then tipping up with expressed milk in a bottle if needed (cups really didn't suit us). She's currently fast asleep on the bed oblivious to all the stress she's causing as she has lost just over 10% of her birth weight and needs to start gaining or they will readmit us which I can't face.

Max definitely feeds more at night as well. BF is going very well, he has super sucking powers omg, lol. He started sucking my husband's neck and almost got to his nipple once - I wish he had latched on so he could feel how strong he sucks!! lol

Not having any probs with engorgement. I can feel when my breasts are full but nothing hurts anymore. It used to hurt right when he'd latch then the pain would stop. Yesterday and today no pain :thumbup:. I was so worried about breastfeeding while pregnant and I think I expected it to be some scary beast.. am so happy with it.

How long til the lil umbilical cord stump falls off? These poo diapers truly are explosive!! Lol but so nice they don't smell. Was wondering what formula fed poo diapers look like? They also prescribed him vitamin D drops as it's not in breast milk.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well with their little ones. :) :)

Iain is doing pretty well. I have to use a nipple shield as my nipples were too flat for his little mouth. I'm hoping to get rid of it as he gets bigger as it is just a hassle. He has increased his feeds to an average of about 30 mins per feed. Def feeds more often at night. Last night he cluster fed from 5pm - 10 pm. OMG so frustrating!!!!!!

Iains stump fell of two days ago. Diapering is so much easier now!!!

His poops are quite yellow with little grainy bits in them..., he usually poops after every feed.

How are you ladies dealing with the summer heat??? I am so paranoid Iain will overheat!

Bug222 I had to use the shield for a while with my oldest and then one day we were out at a shop and I had somehow forgot to pack it and I was to far from home to go and get it so I just sat down in thier mommy and baby room and just kept trying and finally he just latched. I hope you have the same good luck I want to say he was two and half months or so. I remember having to get up and clean after every feeding. It wasn't fun. I do think now you can buy them at the stores here in the US now and don't have to get them from the doc. When I had my son you had to get them from your doc.

Hey ladies,
Congrats on your lo's!
Can I join you please - I had my baby boy on 29th June (he was due today) after being on team yellow.
With the b'fing I am tandem feeding but am having a few latch issues with my boy and he is consequently getting trapped wind :( am trying to resolve this!! Bug22 I used shield for the first 7 weeks with my dd and then over the course of a week used them less and less, no supply or latch issues as a result (as some women fear).
Looking forward to sharing our journey with our new babies! xx

thanks Mork.. i am trying to transition him but he is really struggling so we end up using the shield part way through the feeding.

I havent had any bf issues other than the one day of bad engorgement. I am relieved because I was nervous about nursing. As a result, we took the bfeeding for couples class while pg and I think it really helped... My insurance has also covered us meeting with a lactation consultant to confirm his latch is deep enough and get tips etc.

I eventually want to pump some to have a supply for date nights etc, but I'm nervous about starting to regularly make more milk than he needs, causing him to not get enough hind milk/ too much foremilk. Do any of you have a plan for doing this??

KT I also really want to pump and build supply. Would also love for my husband to feed him. How do you know if baby is not getting enough hindmilk?

Last night he was up feeding for 3 hours from 1 to 4, he would get fussy after feeding him when we put him down and just start sucking his fingers, so I knew he wanted more all back to back. I guess this is the cluster feeding? Bug, is this what Iain did when he fed from 5-10? Feed, then just automatically want more?

I am buying a double electric pump this week, getting Ameda Purely Yours. I'm going to start pumping when I get it and will probably introduce breast milk in bottle at 3 weeks. Would only like to do that at night though so my husband can feed him then and I can continue BF during the day. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, after last night I can barely think.

Bug, good luck with the shield. I am also worrying about Max in the heat. I find myself really freaking out about certain things.. I don't want to take him anywhere because I don't want him to be too hot, I didn't want to touch anything at the pharmacy yesterday, I didn't want to stand by a man that looked REALLY ill, couldn't be touched by the blood pressure cuff, omg. I hope this eases off because it certainly is making me crazy.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->