• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Due in July 2012- The Babies

You can tell they're not getting enough hindmost of they have frothy green poos instead of seedy yellow breastmilk poos... They'll also be extra gassy. I think 3 weeks sounds like a good time; I think I will add a pumping session once every 3 or 4 days.... Tgat way my body won't get confused into making more and mc will continue to get full quickly.
Excited: matthew Corey was doing that tonight.... Never satisfied. I use an iPhone ap to track all his feedings etc... Yesterday he spend 5 hours actively nursing... My nipples need a break! Lol

Yup that is exactly what he did. Did it again last night from 10pm till 2am.. It's a good job he is so cute!!!!!!

Ok wow it sounds like we all are very similar! Max has always had those yellow seedy poops since my milk came in so guess we're good with that. I always wanted to tell people off when they repeatedly said "sleep when he does..." but they are right lol. Hubby went to Philadelphia today for the game so I'm here alone with my little man. Wish me luck lol

I'm not doing as well as you guys but she seems more awake today. She fed from me at 7pm yesterday and 6am. The 6am was only 8mins but I couldn't express at all afterwards so when she gets it right it seems really efficient - does that seem possible? At least with being more awake she is at least rooting and trying at each feed which makes giving the bottle easier. Getting really good volumes too - up to 75ml at a time - so at least supply isn't an issue. Her poo has now changed too.
Midwife was really happy with her today, less jaundiced and more alert. She agrees with me that she's behaving a bit like a premmie 35 weeker. I honestly think she wasn't ready when I was induced but understand it was the safest thing to do. She also suggested trying nipple shields to help her latch so husband has just been sent out for them. We are spending most of the day in bed skin to skin too, except when her other grandpa comes to meet her.
Does that sound like I'm doing the right things?

Sounds like you are doing everything exactly right. Iain will not feed without the nipple shield. I keep trying but both of us end up in tears usually.

Does anyone else's little one have screaming fits for hours?? Last night and the evening before we got five hours of screaming. He roots a lot during these episodes so I try to feed him and he eats about every hour and a half for a bit then it is right back to screaming until he finally wears himself out. I feel so helpless as nothing I do seems to comfort him.

Well my husband bought some avent shields - couldn't find any other brand on a Sunday pm. Was horrified looking at them as the nipple bit seems massive! However, she's just fed 15 mins one side and 10 the other and then I could only express about 20 mls afterwards and then she went to sleep without a bottle. Any tips on either best ways to use them and then remove or which brand is best?

there are different sizes beanhunter, I had an issue with our first DD using the shields because they were too big but we didnt find that out until later :shrug: worth a shot trying to find a smaller one :thumbup:
bug he might have gas or he might just not be getting enough.. our DD wasnt getting enough to even halfway fill her little tummy but we didnt know until we took her to the dr.. something you may just want to ask the pediatrician
I cant wait to have this new little one to actively join in on your bf conversations!!! :hugs:

Beanhunter - the medela ones seem smaller in my experience - if you are UK, you can get them in Tesco xxx

It sounds like you are doing the right things... Could just be really efficient ( if so I'm jealous!) they key will be if they're gaining the slotted amount of weight they should gain between appointments. My pediatrician is having me come in every week thisonth for weight checks to be sure he's gaining appropriately.

hey all,

celina has been a great latcher right from the beginning....the first four days of having no milk was horrible. She would just sit and suck for hours which made my nipples very sore....i hate the weight loss too...celina got down to 6'5....so small....when my milk came in, i was sooo engorged for the first 2 days so i went to a breastfeeding clinic. they taught me how to combine celina feeding with pumping....they told me the more often i pump or feed, the more relief and supply....it works....i can feed celina first, then pump about 5oz which i store so hubby and my mom can feed when i am out...when my boobs hurt, i use cold cabbage leaves....they ooth them and encourage the milk to flow

i was going to try breast shields, but i have huge nipples....lol....sticks right out and celina again is a great latcher....my boobs never cracked....only got sore from excessive sucking when milk wasn't in

so celina sleeps with me every night...i have tried to put her in her crib and bassinet but she is not having it.....right now i don't really mind, i actually like it cause i feed her while sleeping, but concerned about when she is bigger...any thoughts on this?

yea i don't sleep when she sleeps either....that is my time to do other things lol

i did celina's glamour shots on sat....they are so cute! i will post when they come in, but that will prob be another month or so

oh is anyone having issues on burping baby? celina rarely burbs, but if she doesn't she brings p through her mouth and nose, which scares the crap out of me

I'm going to start pumping today and saving it. If he feeds on one breast for the whole time would it be best to pump the other straight after? Then switch next time? Usually I split the time he feeds between both breasts. What do u think?

I had his photos done on Friday.. can't wait to see them.

Last night he was awesome. No cluster feeding.. only got up every 3.5 hours to feed and he ate for 25 mins each time. But he did cluster feed yesterday during the day from lie 1-5. Maybe he does one cluster feed every 12 hours.. who knows! All I know is everyday is different.

I totally agree with everyone and the night cluster feedings! I was starting to lose my mind. Hence why we are now sleep sharing. She's not in our bed per say. We removed one of the rails from her crib making it a day bed and have it pushed right up against the my side of the bed. Now she still has her space but I can reach out to her and cuddle her when she needs it, and I had an amazing nights sleep last night, and her night feeds were great too.

I got a teaser of her newborn pics! I absolutly adore them, can't wait to see the rest!

Attachments

• newborn.jpg
    newborn.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 11
Omg! Sammy I love that pic. I thinknthe newborn pictures are just so sweet. Cant wait until I see mine!x I love the blue. :)

awww Sammy too cute!!!

I am trying to find someone to do baby shots for me, just emailed one photographer so hopefully I will hear back soon!

Iain rarely ever burps either. The lactation consultant I saw said this is not unusual with breastfed babies as they don't take in as much air as bottle fed babies.

Every day is def different with the cluster feeds!!! Today was from 5 am onwards.. just sleeping now! At least we got some sleep last night though!

Bug - I would get pics done asap, I know my photographer like to do them within 10days because they are still posable.

Today I can actually put Jocelyne down and not have to hold her all day and she doesn't cry! It's fabulous!

We booked pics!!! Woohoo!! They will be done on Thurs so Iain will be two weeks.. I hope he is still posable!!! he is pretty laid back after he is fed so fingers crossed!!!

wow, sounds like everyone's doing really great. I was extremely engorged for a few days - 3 different midwives said it was the worst case they'd ever seen (one has beeen a midwife for 21 years).

But that's over now (thank God), and the cracked nipples is over too. My main issue now with breastfeeding is that my nipple hurts like heck for the first 10 seconds, and at the end when he starts to fall asleep he's developed a habit of clamping down with his gums and that hurts worse as I have to pull him off and he doesn't let go. The other side it hurts the whole time he's feeding and I just have to grit my teeth and bear it. I hope it stops hurting soon as it's really hard to keep persevering.

He's gained heaps of weight and we never had the initial weight loss that most babies seem to have, so he's certainly getting enough milk anyway. In 3 weeks he's gone from 5lb 3½oz at birth to 6lb 8oz!

He was really good at night to begin with but I've had 3 bad nights in a row where he'll sleep for up to 4 hours but only in my lap. He lasts a maximum of 30 minutes in the moses basket before he starts fussing and wanting out.

Anyway, it's great to hear how everyone's doing, can't wait for more sharing and moving on to new stages and experiences! It's all so exciting.

PS - My nipples were super-flat to begin with and I expressed a bit for the first few days and also used medela medium nipple shields (which were 1000 times better than the generic pharmacy nipple shields) but mostly persevered without them and now, 20 days on, my nipples have suddenly popped out! I didn't even know that was possible.

Wow that is a great weight gain!!! Iain was 5lbs, 15oz at birth, dropped down to 5lbs, 8oz and is now up to 6lbs..

Any tips for helping with reflux????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->