• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Due in July 2012- The Babies

Bug, I don't know many tips for reflux .. I do know that sleeping on a bit of an incline is supposed to be good. Max sleeps in a "rock and play sleeper" from Fisher price everynight and I remember it having rave reviews from moms with babies that had reflux.

I hate when Max gets hiccups! Ugh! All has been going well.. my ameda pump came but I haven't used it yet. Just thinking It may be too early to introduce bottle with breastmilk.. would really only want to give him that ain tge middle of the night but I would still have to pump whilst hubby feeds him to keep up my supply. Any ladies pumping yet???? How are you doing it?

Bug, how did pictures go??

I'm pumping but that was because of Maddie's poor feeding. Still having too although she's not needing topups anymore so am building quite the freezer stash already! Can't wait to stop pumping though, it's a massive hassle. We would like Maddie to be able to take a bottle when we go out in the future but I daren't risk trying again until she's fully feeding from me so will leave it a few more weeks yet.
No tips for reflux either I'm afraid.
Feeding getting better - she is more awake everyday and even managed 5mins without the shield today at a breastfeeding group.

Bean, glad to hear it is getting better. I think I will wait before introducing bottle too. He has a good latch but I'm so afraid that if I introduce it he won't want my breast.

By the way, I love your girl's name. If our baby was a girl, we were going to name her Adeline and call her Addie. :)

Bean- so glad feeding is getting better!!

Pictures went well, little critter slept the entire time. I can t wait to see them!! She said about two weeks.

I have heard an incline is good for reflux too... And my dr said to keep him uPright for 20-30 minutes after the feeding. I too use the rock and play sleeper... My poor dh built him a nice wooden bassinet which now doesn't get used due to reflux. =-/
Weight gain.,, my little one was 9 pounds 3 ounces... Dropped to 8 lb 14 oz by 1 week appt, and was up to 10 pounds, half an ounce at 2 week appointment... He gained a full pound in 1 week!! 88 percentile weight, 90th height, 99th head circumference... He's going to be a big boy!!
Nursing really does magically get easier overnight around 2 weeks... All of a sudden I feel no pain at all!! (and then he cluster feeds every hour for half a day, exhausting me! Lol, hello growth spurt!)

ktskittle i'm so jealous! I've been breastfeeding for 24 days and still in pain every time! There's been lots of improvement for various reasons but it's still no fun at all - the first 10 seconds of every feed is excruciating but after that it's kind of okayish.

Im with ya on the cluster feeding KTS, Iain cluster feeds every evening for about 4-5 hours. Oh well just think of how many calories you are burning!! lol

hey ladies,

So glad this thread is here....today Celina threw up twice within an hour....abour 2-3ounces each time out of her mouth and nose....I am a hot mess! My hubby is caring for her right now because I am all shook up and stressed.....I get so panicked....my son never did this...and it concerns me cause it is breastmilk...thanks for posting about reflux....how much is the most approx your babies have thrown up? Celina doesn't always burp....but still...it just made me cry when I could feel her torso rumble and then all of the vomit

We have a line called tele health that we can call for free and they said as long as there was no blood or green stuff or projectile it is fine, but I don't think I can sleep now....my hubby is thinking maybe i am over feeding her because she does not take a soother and drinks all the time....we are going to try pumping the milk and using a bottle to measure her feedings.....what are your thoughts

Finally! I made it to this thread. Ha. Still in hospital until Monday probably. I can leave Tomorrow the dr said which isn't standard but I've made such progress by making myself walk etc but insur pays for me untin monday so I prob will left to stay bc I'm learning so much from the specialized staff :thumbup:

Hey Canada8 - it can definitely be alarming to see that and I'm no expert but as long as she's gaining weight appropriately it's probably fine?

My boy occasionally throws up like that (less than once a week on average) but everything seems okay.

But of course you should do whatever reassures you.

:hugs:

So today I woke up before his morning feed and went to the bathroom. As I was washing my hands I noticed something wet on my thigh. Looked down and my left boobie was leaking like crazy!! My mom kept saying wait for the let down... but I never had it before now lol. Wow!

Max spits up occasionally and I also thought BF babies didn't usually spit up. But like someone already said if they're gaining weight all is ok. I think it happens when he eats a ton then he usually does.

I tried my electric pump - amazing! Think I'm going to give bottle at 3 weeks but only let dh give it so he doesn't associate me with it. That way I can continue bf and hopefully he doesn't get confused.

Claire, so GLAD you're here!!! And definitely stay until Monday. I had to stay two days and it's very nice to let the hospital staff wait on you. Bringing food, meds, etc! Rest. I had such a hard time resting in hospital because all I wanted to do was stare at our little boy.

Hope everyoen has a beautiful day. Max was up a lot last night so ill be sleeping loads today. And.... going to have a house full of people this week..... NOT looking forwartd to it. Mil, fil, bil, two nephews an aunt and uncle ive never met.., yeah I will feed him whenever he's hungry.. worried I will feel like I have to go hide in my own home. Not gonna happen!

Sorry this is so freaking long girls.

:flower:

I'm so happy to be on this side!!! Can't wait to get little Ben home- hopefully we get to go home this afternoon!

First of all welcome to this side Claire and Angie!!!!!

Canada- Iain does this approx once per day. Seems to be after a really long feed. I do think sometimes he takes more than he needs more for comfort but at the same time I don't want to limit him. He is gaining weight and having plenty of pees and poops so we aren't too worried.

We are hoping to start pumping and storing soon so that DH can do some of the feeds and we can take a bottle with us if we are going to be out with people for a long period of time. How are you ladies going to start? Do you just pump off the excess once you are finished or pump the other side after baby is done on one side? I am just worried about over stimulating my milk production and Iain only getting foremilk.

I was wondering this too because I plan to pump around three weeks so my DH can feed him too. I am meeting with our pediatricians' lactation consult tomorrow so I will make sure to ask

Hi everyone, I finally have made it on here (hubby has taken the girls swimming so it's just me and little man) had some of the worst engorgement I have ever had (ended up sleeping with a cold flannel over my boob!) but it's finally settling down now and I'm harpy having to pump now before feeds, which is good cause I find pumping hard enough without having my two girls an inch away from my boob asking me what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, what's that ... :wacko: just now waiting on the public health nurse to come, hope everyone's doing well xx

hey ladies,

So glad this thread is here....today Celina threw up twice within an hour....abour 2-3ounces each time out of her mouth and nose....I am a hot mess! My hubby is caring for her right now because I am all shook up and stressed.....I get so panicked....my son never did this...and it concerns me cause it is breastmilk...thanks for posting about reflux....how much is the most approx your babies have thrown up? Celina doesn't always burp....but still...it just made me cry when I could feel her torso rumble and then all of the vomit

We have a line called tele health that we can call for free and they said as long as there was no blood or green stuff or projectile it is fine, but I don't think I can sleep now....my hubby is thinking maybe i am over feeding her because she does not take a soother and drinks all the time....we are going to try pumping the milk and using a bottle to measure her feedings.....what are your thoughts

Jocelyne throws up all the time, she is just over 3 weeks and BF. I am finding what helps is not moving her at all after she is fed. If she falls asleep at the breast, I hold her there. It was scary at first, and gross, nothing like hot breast milk running down your chest! I will be seeing a pediatrician within the next few weeks to follow up with some tests done on her heart at birth, if anything comes up about it, I will share it with you.

We had our two week checkup with the pediatrician today and Max gained ONE POUND in ten days!! Holy beast milk!

Beastly breast milk! I can't wait till mine comes in.

Our lactation consult said I should pump after Ben is done feeding and not one breast feed and one breast pump.

Ben is doing great- his latch is good, we are just waiting for my milk to come in now. I'm hoping it comes in tomorrow, but the consult said it will be by Friday for sure.

Hahaha just realized my typo :blush: well yes the breast milk is rather beastly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->