Due in July 2012

yeah Claire!!! So happy for you to join our babies thread!! whoot whoot.

She is beautiful!!

Steph I am thinking lots of labor thoughts for you and hope it starts soon for you.

I completely agree about loving my DH even more now. I can't stop smiling when I see him with Ben.

Claire congrats again- I'm so happy for you!

Here is the story:

I woke a few times to cramping on the 12-13 late evening/ early morning. I started having contractions off and on at 7am but they weren't crazy strong. I thought it was false labor for sure. They started getting closer together and more painful so we headed to the hospital at 1030am. I was checked and only 1.5 centimeters- the same as my last dr apt. I walked the hospital for an hour and stay the same dilation so I was sent home.

I continued having very strong contractions that got worse and worse to the point tht I couldn't do anything to self soothe. I got in the shower and bath and tried to sleep, but it was so painful.

We headed back to the hospital at 4:00. I was still only 1.5 centimeters, but I was in so much pain. They hooked me up to monitors and after an hour if incredibly intense contractions they tried to send me home again- saying they weren't strong enough yet- I started bawling because I was in so much pain- thy gave me two Percocet and the pain didn't slow down or go away. They told me again I would half to go home at 5:30, but offered to check me to show me I wasn't makin any progress.

I was 5.5 centimeters and waters bulging- the nurse had my bloody show all over her hands.

Their attitudes changed immediately and they got me admitted right away. I was in so much pain I asked for the epidural, even though the plan was natural- I couldn't believe the pain so I opted for the epi. I'm so so so glad I did because my labor was 17 hours of active labor.
i kept my use of the epi low so I could still change positions easily in the bed- like using the squat bar and bearing down.
Ben isn't make much change after 3 hours of pushing so we delivered via forceps instead of c section due to his heart rate dropping at the end
Ben was born at 10:11 on Saturday July 14th. And I'm pretty partial, but I think he's beautiful!

I'll post pics once we are home from the hospital. We hope to be home tomorrow afternoon

Yeahhhhhhhh..... :D HOPEFULLY I GO SOON !!! Going for a huge walk with OH when my parents get here to watch the girls lol..
Congrats Angie!! At least u didnt get to induction date !! You dialated so quickly!! Hopefully when I see the doc (30hours time :/) he says im like 5 and im admitted ..

Wishful thinking ehh?? Lol xx

I would also go swimming Steph. I'm convinced that the fact that I went swimming Thursday night put me into labor Friday morning since I wasn't getting as far with walking. I hope you're super dilated when you go in too.

Claire... I feel the same about it...that the section pain was better than labor pains. ( and I had similar epidural issues during labor and mine slid out of back early after section. Plus, ur right, so much easier when scheduled...
Angie: congrats!!!
Only 1 more baby to go!!

Congratulations Angie!!!!! Go you! Cant wait to see pics of your little man.

Okay... In my time its 8.20am due date :D lol .. Still no baby arghhh.. Going to see the midwife today and shes gonna have a fiddle see if she can get things moving as iv already lost my plug and is at least 3cm dialated and 70% efficiated im hoping something works . .
starting to get a bit stinggy on my cervix now, and all of yesterday I couldnt wee although I was dying too and when I managed to go eventually it was like a waterfall.. Haha ..
Me and oh dtd last night. Woke up about 20min ago and wee'd and wiped and there were a few specs of fresh blood on there .. :/ no worrying too much cause it was litterly a few spots , nothing that cant wait a couple of hours til I see the midwife .. Xx

Hows all these lovely babies doing , sleeping , not sleeping , bf'ding ?? Xx

It's 3:30am here so I will go with not sleeping !!! Lol

I hope things get going after yOur appt today!!!!

Oh that sounds really promising Steph! Hopefully it starts today- it would fun to have a due date baby! Your dilated more than I was when I went to the hospital so hopefully the next part moves quick!

Well... She had a fiddle still 3 can stretch to 4 now. But no contractions . She got in as far as she could and had a good scrape around . God its been 4 years and I forgot how uncomfortable a sweep is!! Hopefully something happens or looks like im having a august baby !! Lol booked in for induction on the week starting the 29th.. :/ that will be Amelia and baby in august.. Oh and my brother in law and my sister haha .. Gonna be on edge for the next 24/48 hours praying something has worked !! Happy Due Date To Me lol... Xx

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

Here is my little girl! Micah AnnaLeigh Dewey born July 5th 2012 at 10:45pm
7lbs 10oz and 21" long!

Sorry I have been gone for so long. I have been on here TWICE and typed out my entire birth story and it got erased....TWICE I was so frustrated with my stupid lil labtop I haven't been back on to try again lol. HERE I AM THOUGH! Gosh I cant believe everything thats going on!! I havent gotten to read through all of the posts but goodness everyones babies are so so adorable and I am so glad everyone it doing so well!

I had a horrific labor. Make a long story short since it will probably get deleted again lol....I was induced at 530am started on pitocin, they broke my water at 8am, i had contractoins that were 2 minutes apart (i had no drugs for pain) for 4 hours then they were back to back contractions giving me no break in between to catch a breath, for six hours, after 10 hours of drug free labor I got an epidural. I was not okay, Micah was not okay it was to intense for either of us to handle, being induced is so un natural, why did I try to do a "natural" labor...?! The contractions weren't real and they were insanly intense....but I i wanted this to be a drug free labor so bad I took the pain...I wish I wouldnt have. A midwife told me after all this went on for hours that "natural labor needs to START with natural labor" nothing about being induced is natural and I wish I would have heard those words 10 HOURS AGO...it made complete sense. So after the epidural I was continuing to dialate as I had been all day...by 6pm I was at 9cm but then it stopped...i never dilated anymore and Micah stopped moving. My dr came in at 8 and said if she doesn't respond to her trying to get her to move in the next two hours she is doing an emergency c section. It ended at 10pm with them rolling me into the surgery room for a C Section. As you all know this had been my worst fear this entire time...I was so upset, I was mad at myself for putting my baby through all of that, I had stressed her out from our long hard day of labor and I felt like it was my fault. The surgery couldn't have gone better and after I could have cared less...I was SO happy to FINALLY meet her and hold her. Its the most amazing thing in the world being a MOm isn't it?

Micah is THEE best baby ever! She doesn't cry, she latched RIGHT on and has been feeding like a CHAMP since hour one of her life! :) She is so beautiful my husband is SO OBSESSED with her its SO cute! At her one week appt she had already gained all of her weight back PLUS an oz so we go the OK to let her sleep 4 hours in a row at night between feedings but she is up almost every 2 hours anyway to eat!

I feel great. I haven't had an postpartum or depression or anything THANK GOODNESS! I have never been so happy in my life. My milk is coming in great and my surgery pan has gone down so much already as well!

HOW ARE YOU LADIES??!!!!!:hugs:

Oh she is absolutely gorgeous!!! So sorry things didn't go how you had hoped but glad all worked out and you are both safe and healthy.

I can't stop losing my "plug" arghhh its so messy . I must have lost about half a mug ful by now

Yay for more plug loss Steph! It's super gross and yucky, but birth is pretty much full of grossness :)

Angela that is a very scary story and was definitely a fear of all of ours. I am amazed you went so long without an epidural and you should consider yourself one strong lady for making it so long! I couldn't take past hour three.
She is beautiful! Congratulations!

thank you so much Angie!! ....thank you Bug! :) Nothing was as planned but i knew going into it i had to be open to other things and in the end we all know..ALL that matters is you and your baby are ok and healthy!

Steph....I thought the first time my plug came out it had tobe the whole thing because it was SO much then 4 days later i was still losing it! its like the never ending plug!! just when u think u couldnt lose anymore there it is!

awwww angela so sorry your labour experience was so horrible!

Micah is sooooo beautiful! I love her little mohawk!! congrats!
Don't forget to post in the new baby thread attached to my signature

I know exactly how frustrating getting your stories erased on here....It has happened to me a few times.....thank you for re-posting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->