Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Ahhh! All these scan pictures are making me so anxious for mine this afternoon! 5 hours to go!

Congrats on your scans ladies. Lego - I'll move your due date.

Scan tomorrow morning :flower:

And oh my word, there are loads of people in 1st tri with August due dates - time is beginning to creep by!

And oh my word, there are loads of people in 1st tri with August due dates - time is beginning to creep by!

Can't believe it's been 5 years since that was us!!! Crazy x

Can't believe it's been 5 years since that was us!!! Crazy x

I know!

My mum keeps going "uh-oh you're gonna have 3 under 5"
I keep laughing and saying "but only for 2months" - as if G's birthday will magic him into a mature, helpful, always compliant type! :rofl:

Just got back from my 12 week appointment! Everything looked good and the baby was wiggling all over the place. I went ahead and got the blood test for gender. It didn't cost any extra. I call a phone number in a week to get the results, so if I decide I don't want to know I just won't call!

Here's my little munchkin at 12+5

https://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u608/TiarnaHall/scan_zps8ec8ddef.jpg

The sonographer seen the nub but we could only see from a front look so couldn't really tell which way it was pointing. She said if she had to guess she would say a girl. Anyone have any guesses?

I love all the new scan pics. :happydance:

I can't believe there are babies due in August already. :saywhat: Time moves quickly!

I always feel the baby moving on the left side. Does that mean girl? Can someone post a good link for gender prediction?

Here's my can pic from today! Baby was a wiggler and had te hiccups. It was way too cute <3 US tech wouldn't tell me heartrate or what I was measuring though :growlmad: she said I had to wait to hear from my dr for that. I wish she would have got a nub shot but she didn't. I thought I saw it a couple times though and I thought it looked like a girl so we'll see

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 9
Hey ladies! I have a quick rant and my OH just tells me to let it go. He's so passive... but I'm a bag of hormones so I just can't let stuff go.

THE IN-LAWS

You could say me and the MIL have a mutual toleration of each other. She's the passive aggressive type and I'm more brutally honest. I didn't earn her favor by eloping with her son and not signing a pre-nump she casually mentioned to OH. They have money and I came from dirt poor foster care. I have a son from a previous marriage, and while I'm very grateful she's assumed the grandmother role she tends to forget I'm his mom, what I say goes and I don't negotiate or compromise. I admit that probably due to my background I'm overly possessive of my son and a complete control freak. I share him half the time with his dad but when he's with me he's mine, mine MINE! I get severe anxiety that something bad might happen to him if he's not with me, so I don't loan out what I can't replace. I digress..

Chirstmas: Holidays that bring out the worse in people. We've decided not to exchange gifts with my OH's sister and her fiancé. My MIL buys for us regardless of what we say so we buy for her too. The issue came up when I suggested a limit on what they SIL and MIL spend on my son. The last 3 Christmas's they have spent a fortune on him. I'm talking thousands of dollars each. The same goes with birthday's. It's always over the top and drives me crazy. My son already gets 2 birthdays and 2 Christmas's from me and his dad. He's 7 and he never wants for anything. He's starting to act like a spoiled brat and I'm trying to tone it down. They know this but they are giving me grief saying Christmas is about the kids (and he's the only one on this side of the family).. I'm trying to teach him the true meaning of Christmas and that it's not about PS4's and iPod's. They just want to buy him EVERYTHING and they're not respecting my wishes of a $100 limit each.

The argument hasn't happened yet.. but I know it's coming. She'll say something to OH tomorrow since they run the family business together and he's not a speaker of his mind like I am, he has a "whatever" attitude about it mostly.

Am I just being hormonal and making a mountain out of a mole hill?? I also feel like I'm trying to make an effort with her trying to include her in things with us and she keeps telling me no. I've asked her to go to the NT scan, out to eat and to a Christmas function over Thanksgiving and she declined every offer. Maybe I'm just building from that, idk? Some days I just want to withdraw the proverbial olive branch and extend the naughty finger to them, but because I love OH I try every day to make nice.

Sorry for the long winded post.. it feels good to just get it out. Thanks for reading. Feel free to tell me I'm just being a bitch and I'm overreacting.. We need to hear it sometimes. If not, advice on how to handle these people would be very much appreciated.

Agrrr... I feel so sick today . It's probably the most ever ...
I felt great for the past week and today it hit me like a hammer in the head

Also still waiting for the call about my scan . It suppose to be a growth scan and I am going to be 13 weeks Saturday . I am also out of town since Friday morning so they have 3 days to call and schedule it .
I am not a driver so OH has to drive me there ( and watch our son anyway ) so the later they call more difficult for him to take a time of from work .

How is everyone else feeling ?

Scan tomorrow!!!

I don't get along with my MIL. So kind of dreading them knowing about the baby because I know she will come sniffing around or cause drama. Iv had enough of that woman now and really don't want her in my life. She should respect your wishes but at the same time, my mum always goes overboard on presents too. Not to that extent though!

Scan tomorrow!!!

I don't get along with my MIL. So kind of dreading them knowing about the baby because I know she will come sniffing around or cause drama. Iv had enough of that woman now and really don't want her in my life. She should respect your wishes but at the same time, my mum always goes overboard on presents too. Not to that extent though!

OMW that sounds just like my MIL

Scan tomorrow!!!

She actually crashed my wedding believe it or not haha and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I could be here all day but I don't even want to get myself angry thinking about her! It's for another day haha xx

Scan tomorrow!!!

She actually crashed my wedding believe it or not haha and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I could be here all day but I don't even want to get myself angry thinking about her! It's for another day haha xx

Haha, well she didn't crash my wedding but she did tell everyone how much she hates me, that was at my bridal shower as well... she has dragged my name through the mud! She even told people that I was infertile and her favourite DIL who I cant stand is so fertile because she fell pregnant on her honeymoon. Unfortunately she miscarried but fell pregnant a couple months ago and is about 6 weeks ahead of me. They have no idea I am pregnant or worse that its twins, they are going to freak after our announcement on Friday. Just pray the appointment goes well!! I could also go all day talking about the crap she has done to me! But its not like we aren't over emotional already! :haha:

Scan tomorrow!!!

Haha, well she didn't crash my wedding but she did tell everyone how much she hates me, that was at my bridal shower as well... she has dragged my name through the mud! She even told people that I was infertile and her favourite DIL who I cant stand is so fertile because she fell pregnant on her honeymoon. Unfortunately she miscarried but fell pregnant a couple months ago and is about 6 weeks ahead of me. They have no idea I am pregnant or worse that its twins, they are going to freak after our announcement on Friday. Just pray the appointment goes well!! I could also go all day talking about the crap she has done to me! But its not like we aren't over emotional already! :haha:

Hahaha id love to be a fly on the wall when you announce it's twins LOL! I have two boys and I hope my DILs never think of me like that! So evil for making her son happy lol xx

Am I just being hormonal and making a mountain out of a mole hill?? I also feel like I'm trying to make an effort with her trying to include her in things with us and she keeps telling me no. I've asked her to go to the NT scan, out to eat and to a Christmas function over Thanksgiving and she declined every offer. Maybe I'm just building from that, idk? Some days I just want to withdraw the proverbial olive branch and extend the naughty finger to them, but because I love OH I try every day to make nice.

Sorry for the long winded post.. it feels good to just get it out. Thanks for reading. Feel free to tell me I'm just being a bitch and I'm overreacting.. We need to hear it sometimes. If not, advice on how to handle these people would be very much appreciated.

tell them they can spend $100 on physical presents, but if they are really interested in making a difference in his life they can put anything over and above that into a trust fund account for him instead. that way they get to buy him a present and provide for his future, rather than burn the $$$ on toys he won't have a use for in 3 years.

good luck!

tell them they can spend $100 on physical presents, but if they are really interested in making a difference in his life they can put anything over and above that into a trust fund account for him instead. that way they get to buy him a present and provide for his future, rather than burn the $$$ on toys he won't have a use for in 3 years.

good luck!

this, very much this. if they really care about your son, they should be investing in his future and not in plastic tat now. And if they don't respect that then I'm sorry your OH should be having that conversation with them and not you. He needs to grow a pair and stop being half arsed. It's his Mum, but you're now his first priority (you and your family together) and he should stand up for what YOU believe.

I normally have a very good relationship with my In-Laws, but I was about ready to kick my MIL's arse last night. I was on the phone with my mom when in the background I hear my sister saying that my MIL had posted on her FB about my pregnancy! When we announced to our families on Thirsday we said no FB till after I get a full time position as I have a few friends from work on there. It's not that I don't trust the people from work, it's just that I don't want to give my work any reason not to hire me full time. I had a long message written out to my MIL when DH stepped up and called his mom to delete the post... I was seething! It's not her or her friends place to announce my pregnancy, especially after everyone was explicitly told DON'T SAY ANYTHING ON FACEBOOK!

asmcsm, cute scan pic!!

Ophelia, so sorry you have so much trouble with your MIL. That would make me livid. I agree with gertrude that your OH really is the one that needs to step up and set things straight, so I would direct all your energy toward motivating him to do something. The trust fund is an excellent idea!

ProudMomma, sorry you're feeling so sick today. Hopefully it is just a passing thing. I hardly feel sick anymore but I am more tired than usual. No matter how much I sleep it isn't enough.

Boothh, good luck on your scan!

Ibelieveitwill, your MIL is going to go bonkers once she finds out you're having twins. Good news is the best revenge! I know you might be bracing for her reaction but I hope you enjoy every bit of her misery over your good fortune.

Sassymom, I can't believe your MIL announced on facebook after you explicitly told her not to. It would be bad enough even if you didn't have work friends on, but the fact that you're worried about it affecting your chances at FT employment makes it that much worse.

I love all the new scan pics. :happydance:

I can't believe there are babies due in August already. :saywhat: Time moves quickly!

I always feel the baby moving on the left side. Does that mean girl? Can someone post a good link for gender prediction?

Sweetmel, I think you're thinking of the Ramzi theory and that is based on the placement of the yolk sac/placenta. If the placenta is on the left, then that means girl and if it's on the right then that means boy. It really doesn't matter where the baby is because they can move around.

genderdreaming.com has a good forum and has a whole subforum devoted to ultrasound gender predictions. That is a site for women who are trying to sway for a certain gender so those ladies take things very seriously!

AFM: I'm lucky not to have too much MIL drama. I get along with my MIL okay although when we visit she does tend to not respect how I raise my child. She is very old school when it comes to discipline and other things related to parenting, so I would never let her babysit unless it is an absolute emergency. She is also a Jehovah's Witness and her constant efforts to try to convert us to her religion are super annoying. She has given up on me and semi given up on dh but I think she may try to influence dd when she gets older and that may be a source of conflict in the future. But for now things are not bad between us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->