Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Hi Ella!! So glad to see you over here and that we get to be bump buddies!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Pinga and 1eighty great news!! :happydance:

Welcome Ella :wave:

Proud momma, I would love to but I know I don't have the will power :haha: I really want to go shopping on the Sunday!!

Pinga and 1eighty great news!! :happydance:

Welcome Ella :wave:

Proud momma, I would love to but I know I don't have the will power :haha: I really want to go shopping on the Sunday!!

I don't blame you :haha:
You can go ahead and buy pink , I have a feeling it's a girl :winkwink:

Hi,

I'd like to join if possible, I'm due June 19th.

Hadn't joined yet as was worried about m/c after preovous loss, but had a great scan today, measuring at nearly 14 weeks, so feel ready to join! Looking forward to getting to know you all, I have a lot of posts to read ;)

Of course you can join. Congrats on the good scan and being safely out of first tri. I will add you on right now.

I wanted to post a few quick pics. One is a "potty shot". Any guesses as to the gender?

Attachments

• KINDLE_CAMERA_1385909231000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1385909231000.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 9
  • KINDLE_CAMERA_1385909164000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1385909164000.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 14
I wanted to post a few quick pics. One is a "potty shot". Any guesses as to the gender?

I think it's too soon . The gender look pretty much the same till 16 weeks :shrug:
Cute pictures tho :hugs:

Actually, the genders start to look different around 11 weeks, but if the equipment is not sensitive enough it's hard to tell. I had mine done at a high risk office and at 12 weeks the doc pointed out dd's labia and for this one at 12 weeks I saw some very distinct nuts and berries.

I think it's too soon . The gender look pretty much the same till 16 weeks :shrug:
Cute pictures tho :hugs:

Actually, the genders start to look different around 11 weeks, but if the equipment is not sensitive enough it's hard to tell. I had mine done at a high risk office and at 12 weeks the doc pointed out dd's labia and for this one at 12 weeks I saw some very distinct nuts and berries.

I guess that means I am really having a boy ... :shrug:

Pinga and 1eighty, that's great news.

Hi Ella and a happy nine months to you :wave:

I went to my "high-risk" MFM office to have the NT scan. They took blood before they did the scan. I guess this is the norm for being 37. I don't know. This is the first time I have been thru genetic counselling. I'm sure they have the best equipment. The pictures are not as good because they didn't put them on disc and I took a picture of the pictures with my Kindle. I didn't really care for the technician. She wasn't very friendly, but she did allow my request for a peek at the gender. She made no comments about it either way. She was satisfied with the measurements indicating low risk. I was happy seeing the heartbeat was 165 and baby was right on track for gestational age. :cloud9:

Pinga and 1eighty, that's great news.

Hi Ella and a happy nine months to you :wave:

I went to my "high-risk" MFM office to have the NT scan. They took blood before they did the scan. I guess this is the norm for being 37. I don't know. This is the first time I have been thru genetic counselling. I'm sure they have the best equipment. The pictures are not as good because they didn't put them on disc and I took a picture of the pictures with my Kindle. I didn't really care for the technician. She wasn't very friendly, but she did allow my request for a peek at the gender. She made no comments about it either way. She was satisfied with the measurements indicating low risk. I was happy seeing the heartbeat was 165 and baby was right on track for gestational age. :cloud9:

I had my NT scan at maternal fetal also . They also took my blood but told me it's optional :shrug: , I am going back in 2 weeks ( 3 weeks since last visit ) for another blood work .
I did not have very friendly technician either . She could do so many beautiful pictures whole baby sucking his thumb . All she did was just 3 fast pictures last minute after she was done measuring :growlmad:
Also when I asked about gender she just look for second told me it's a boy and turned the monitor of :shrug: . I can see pretty clearly on the screen what's in there and I saw blank screen so no idea what and when she saw it .
I was at maternal fetal the whole pregnancy with my son and had wonderful experience the whole time l they even showed him / made pictures in 3 D at the end if the pregnancy just to make me happy :happydance:
I hope you going to have better experience next time :hugs: ( if you going next time )

Don't get me started talking about technicians. I go back in 6 weeks for the next scan. 6 weeks isn't that long to wait to find out gender I guess. Although, hubby won't let me buy gender neutral baby clothes, and I really WANT TO BUY SOME CLOTHES. :haha: I think I opted out of the second blood test. :shrug: She said I didn't need to have it done unless I really wanted to.

Don't get me started talking about technicians. I go back in 6 weeks for the next scan. 6 weeks isn't that long to wait to find out gender I guess. Although, hubby won't let me buy gender neutral baby clothes, and I really WANT TO BUY SOME CLOTHES. :haha: I think I opted out of the second blood test. :shrug: She said I didn't need to have it done unless I really wanted to.

OH won't let me buy anything for a looong time :nope:
With my son could not buy anything before 8th month of pregnancy because he was saying it's still time and we gonna get a lot of stuff which I didn't believe him since my baby shower was a surprise at 35 weeks :dohh: ( very stupid idea to have secret baby shower , especially that late and especially when they don't invite everyone you would invite and than those people are questioning you how come they have not been invited and why I kept saying I won't have baby shower :dohh:
So I was nervous wrack about not having anything at 8 months of pregnancy . :haha:
And I can only imagine it's going to be the same this time :coffee:
( except I am sure no baby shower this time , since I have heard they do that only for the first child ) :shrug:

just got my down's letter in - 1 in 20601 :happydance:

Great news! I'm still waiting on mine. My appt was two weeks ago.. how long did it take to get your letter?

scan was on the 2nd december, so it's taken 15 days all in all including 3 for the bloods to get to the lab, 4 days of weekend (when i assume not a whole lot is done) and another 2-4 days for the post to get to me from the lab.

Posted my scan pictures on ingender today and got girl responses except one boy guess .
It's funny because here on BnB I got all boy guesses and one girl :haha:
Anybody else asked about gender guesses here on anywhere else ?

We bought our cot, change table and pram on the weekend. Our local baby store was having a sale and I figured the best sales between now and when the baby is born are going to be now during all the Christmas sales! We got the Steelcraft Strider Compact pram which was $620 down from $800 so I was really happy with that! I can start setting up the nursery now yay! :happydance: Just undecided on a nursery theme :shrug:

Morning everyone. Hope everyone is well!

A warm hello to the new sunflowers. :)

Thought I would give everyone a quick update before I have to take my dd to school. Well for me most things have settled down at the moment, I am still having slight acid reflux and really vivid dreams which have had me tossing and turning all night!!! Which really isn't helping my SPD, that is now kicking up a notch. I had my second appointment with my midwife yesterday, all looking good so far. Beanie's heartbeat was around 150bpm when midwife finally got a reading as beanie kept moving away every time she found it. He he. :)

Next on my list is my GTT tomorrow morning, then my anomaly scan on the 10th January, 3 days before my birthday. So hopefully I will get a early birthday present and find out if beanie is a boy or a girl. xx

ProudMomma, I'd trust the ingender guesses over the BnB guesses anyday. The ladies over at ingender take it so much more seriously because a lot of them are swaying for one or the other.

I wouldn't trust what the tech says in your case because she was obviously in a bad mood and didn't care about getting it right. When I went, both times the tech and doctor showed me exactly what they were looking at so there was no question. It took them a couple of minutes to get the right shot so it wasn't just a glance at the screen.

Hazybaby, I've been having the vivid dreams too. They're weird, but pleasant!

AFM: I haven't bought a single thing for this baby or done any kind of work getting his room ready. I'm waiting for nesting to kick in to really get a move on. With dd, I went so overboard with clothes and useless junk. This time I want to just get what he needs. The only things we really need to get are a car seat and some clothes, and since he's a boy it's easier not to crazy with spending on that.

Whereas I, Cali, have already gone overboard on the buying! :haha: Though I confess that the greater majority was done before I was even pregnant; we spent such a long time ttc and I kept positive that we'd get there in the end, so I'd bought bits and bobs along the way. After my 8 week scan I bought a few more clothes, but now I'm staying away from the clothes until we find out the gender, as I seriously pretty much already have enough clothes until baby is 6 months old! (well certainly got newborn and 0-3 covered any way.) I also bought muslins and bibs before baby was even a 'twinkling in his/her daddy's eye'.
My spending has been more on maternity clothes for me now - I think I've spent between £100 and £150.
I nearly bought a cot and over-cot changer at the weekend; there was a sale which finished yesterday. Then I convinced myself that there'd be other sales as good, if not better, and I shouldn't rush into things. I just get so excited though!
I'm focusing on Christmas for now, then after Christmas I shall probably get everything I already have out to look at, well up over and sort! Plus I shall start sorting the baby's room with more gusto.

Hazybaby - great news on your wriggly baby! I hope to hear my baby's heartbeat tomorrow at my midwife appointment - fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->