Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Thank you :flower:
What I was thinking was it it's not a big deal why they didn't wait for my doctor to tell me at my next appointment ...
Guess I am just panicking :shrug:
Thank you for sharing your experience :hugs:

Yeah those phone calls are stressful! A few days after my last appointment my doctor's office called to let me know my tests were fine and I didn't have a urinary tract infection. I didn't even know they had tested me for anything, so I was so scared when they called.

News for your ladies we have our first June sunflowers pink bump x

Congratulations!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: I love girls. I wonder if we will have more pink bumps or more blue bumps. It always seems like there are more girls born.

Yay congratulations picks baby!!! :pink:
Is anyone else finding the gender out before Christmas? I have a gender scan on Sunday :happydance:

Hey everyone. I had a midwife's appt yesterday. All went well, we heard baby's cute little heartbeat. I'm doing fine, but her only concern was that my husband get screened for sickle cell.

Why? Because I have the trait. I've always known this, my mom told me from an early age, but now I'm absolutely terrified because if we both have the trait, our baby has a 25% chance to have SCA (sickle cell anemia). I'm so beside myself, I don't know what to do or how to process this.

Yay Picksbaby for a pink bump. I'll add a :pink: to your name.

Mangoes. I know your fear. I'm a carrier of SMA and was so afraid my husband would be. Thankfully he's not! It's rare to have two carriers together. Good luck!

A lot of my family members are sickle cell carriers.

News for your ladies we have our first June sunflowers pink bump x

Congratulations!! How exciting :happydance:

I had a terrible, terrible headache last night and had to go to bed super early. In the morning I still had a residual headache and searched out some painkillers. I don't usually take painkillers and could only find some anadin extra which it only said not to take in the late stages of pregnancy so took them. I only noticed afterwards that they went out of date August 2012 (shows how often I take them!!) - do you think they could have done any harm?

Also does anyone here get migraines? I have had headaches like the one last night occasionally- maybe 3 or 4 times that I remember and I wonder if they are migraines. If I describe them to you do you think you could tell me?

Yay Picksbaby for a pink bump. I'll add a :pink: to your name.

Mangoes. I know your fear. I'm a carrier of SMA and was so afraid my husband would be. Thankfully he's not! It's rare to have two carriers together. Good luck!

A lot of my family members are sickle cell carriers.

Thank you sweetie! I don't think my husband is a carrier because it would have shown up during his newborn screening or his mom's blood tests would have told her she had it.

In happier news, baby is totally healthy and growing like a little weed hehe! We get to find out the gender at 18 weeks, so I'm counting down until the four weeks pass!

Mangoes, glad everything is well with baby and I hope your husband isn't a carrier :hugs:

Trinity I haven't had migraines (fingers crossed) just light headaches quite a lot that do disappear with paracetamol. I do hope they ease off for you soon :( migraines are absolutely awful!!
! From my last migraine i couldn't do anything! It hurt to open my eyes, all I could do was sit there with my eyes closed and cry (soft I know) but you can get migraines that aren't as strong so you could be experiencing them. Maybe go to your doc? X

Xxx

At what point should I really make sure I don't sleep on my stomach? I'm 14w4d, and just have the teeny tiniest of bumps. I don't do it on purpose, but almost everytime I wake up I've turned on my stomach while I'm sleeping. It's my normal way of sleeping, so I'm having a hard time trying to make sure I stay on my sides. It's not uncomfortable yet on my stomach, since I don't have a bump, but it is squishing the baby?

I had the worst experience last night. I went to sleep relatively early (10:30) and slept like a log until 1 AM. I then proceeded to wake up, and despite my best efforts couldn't fall back asleep until 4 AM. It was absolutely the worst--I was completely shot today, and I can't imagine what being up many nights with a newborn is like.

How do you ladies deal with insomnia? And tried-and-true fall-back-asleep tips?

At what point should I really make sure I don't sleep on my stomach? I'm 14w4d, and just have the teeny tiniest of bumps. I don't do it on purpose, but almost everytime I wake up I've turned on my stomach while I'm sleeping. It's my normal way of sleeping, so I'm having a hard time trying to make sure I stay on my sides. It's not uncomfortable yet on my stomach, since I don't have a bump, but it is squishing the ?

You're fine to still be sleeping on your stomach. I'm 14+3 and still do occasionally. When it becomes uncomfortable is the time to stop.If you're worried about it, try sleeping on your side and kinda tucking a pillow under your stomach/side so you still kinda get the feeling of sleeping on your stomach without actually doing it.

At what point should I really make sure I don't sleep on my stomach? I'm 14w4d, and just have the teeny tiniest of bumps. I don't do it on purpose, but almost everytime I wake up I've turned on my stomach while I'm sleeping. It's my normal way of sleeping, so I'm having a hard time trying to make sure I stay on my sides. It's not uncomfortable yet on my stomach, since I don't have a bump, but it is squishing the baby?

I cannot sleep on my stomach anymore . It's uncomfortable and I can feel I am putting too much pressure on the bump .
As someone said ... I would start when it feels uncomfortable . But I also sleep only on my left side right now ( which you should do starting 16 week of pregnancy ) because I know it's good for the baby :baby:

I had the worst experience last night. I went to sleep relatively early (10:30) and slept like a log until 1 AM. I then proceeded to wake up, and despite my best efforts couldn't fall back asleep until 4 AM. It was absolutely the worst--I was completely shot today, and I can't imagine what being up many nights with a newborn is like.

How do you ladies deal with insomnia? And tried-and-true fall-back-asleep tips?

Never had this problem so soon . Only when my belly was too big and was getting in the way I had to sleep here and there sitting in the nursing chair :haha:
I hope it gets better for you :hugs:

OH just got back from work ...
Some idiot was cutting the road curve and got in his way . So OH had to get out of his way and end up in the woods .
Fortunately he is ok :hugs: but there is quite damage on the car ... Like 500$ of it :cry:
Isn't it awesome 6 days before Xmas ? :shrug:
Especially since we didn't even buy ONE present for anyone , not even our son :dohh:
I am not even asking OH right now if we can even afford presents . He cannot do his job without a car :coffee:
This Xmas is getting better and better . I would rather skip it this year :cry:
And I forgot to say the idiot didn't even stop to check on OH , just drove away :shrug:

I am glad OH didn't get hurt :hugs:

Sorry for the rant :blush: I am just so angry right now and it feels good to right it down :thumbup:

Don't worry trinity, taking most over the counter medicines like headache tables won't harm you if you take them after their use by date. It simply means that they can't guarantee the product will be as efficient :thumbup:

Argh, my next scan isn't until 14th January, feel SO far away!! :baby:

I heard sleeping on your stomach isn't a problem until it's impossible ;)

Sleeping on your back isn't a real problem until after about 20 weeks, although I've also heard people say from 2nd tri. you should attempt not to, as it can make you dizzy and block your blood supply and the blood supply to the baby. But if you wake up on your back that isn't a problem either, just switch to your side.

Left side is best, delivers optimum blood supply and nutrients to the baby, but right is also okay.

I'm practicing sleeping on the left side. It sucks :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->