Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Rainbow, I had the same problem the other night but not insomnia, lily was up being sick until 4.30, every hour she was sick and my god I was exhausted. I thought the same about how it is with a newborn! I guess we will adapt eventually :haha: if ever I can't sleep though I usually go on my phone until I literally drop it and fall asleep.

Lizchase I agree with everyone else, as I still like to sleep on my stomach from time to time. I've heard it's ok until it gets uncomfortable. It will get uncomfortable before it does any harm :thumbup:

Proud momma what a pain!! Glad your oh is ok :flower: but there really are some inconsiderate bast**ds in the world!!

At what point should I really make sure I don't sleep on my stomach? I'm 14w4d, and just have the teeny tiniest of bumps. I don't do it on purpose, but almost everytime I wake up I've turned on my stomach while I'm sleeping. It's my normal way of sleeping, so I'm having a hard time trying to make sure I stay on my sides. It's not uncomfortable yet on my stomach, since I don't have a bump, but it is squishing the baby?
it's just about comfort really - you'll know when you can't do it any more :D

You won't harm the baby, they're pretty well protected inside :)

I heard sleeping on your stomach isn't a problem until it's impossible ;)

Sleeping on your back isn't a real problem until after about 20 weeks, although I've also heard people say from 2nd tri. you should attempt not to, as it can make you dizzy and block your blood supply and the blood supply to the baby. But if you wake up on your back that isn't a problem either, just switch to your side.

Left side is best, delivers optimum blood supply and nutrients to the baby, but right is also okay.

I'm practicing sleeping on the left side. It sucks :wacko:
again its not the baby that suffers it is the Mum. But before you get to being close to it being a problem it is WAY too uncomfortable to sleep on your back :)

Trinity , I’ve been taking magnesium for my migraines. It has done wonders.

Lizchase – everybody has given great advice about sleeping off your stomach. I too use pillows to prop myself up. I put one behind my back and one in front, and kinda hug it. This keeps me on my left side.

Proudmamma, I hope things get better for you and your husband. Thankfully he is not hurt.

How are we all doing? I had my 12 week scan last week and they found a fibroid.

It was the first thing we saw when the probe was put on my tummy so I instinctively thought the baby had gone. Fortunately she was quick to move the probe and found the baby and said 'there's the baby'!

Anyone else have a fibroid picked up on a scan? It certainly explains my past, torrential bleeding, reoccurring miscarriages & unexplained cycle pains.

Ok so I don't know if it is just my hormones or what but I received an invite to a baby shower last night and I think it was pretty rude! After just having my wedding a few months ago, etiquette is still on my mind. There were 3 pieces of paper in the invite. One was the babies"r"us registry info. The next one was a little poem about how to give the gift you were bringing. It said don't wrap it because we are just going to throw away that "crap" (yes, it actually said that) also don't bring a card, bring a book instead. Then the invite didn't have the girls last name (I know two women with the same first name having a baby within a month from one another) or what state it was in just "XX Main st". Wtf!? Is it just me or is it really odd???

Edit: just to add more background on this. For this girls bridal shower she didn't want gifts, but asked for gift cards as well (about as rude as asking for cash right?) and I never received a thank you card. I have a feeling I won't with this either if things aren't wrapped and there is no card to tell who have what...

It was the first thing we saw when the probe was put on my tummy so I instinctively thought the baby had gone. Fortunately she was quick to move the probe and found the baby and said 'there's the baby'!

Anyone else have a fibroid picked up on a scan? It certainly explains my past, torrential bleeding, reoccurring miscarriages & unexplained cycle pains.

I had one picked up with my last pregnancy, but it was tiny and asymptomatic. I had it removed with a hysteroscopy.

Ok so I don't know if it is just my hormones or what but I received an invite to a baby shower last night and I think it was pretty rude! After just having my wedding a few months ago, etiquette is still on my mind. There were 3 pieces of paper in the invite. One was the babies"r"us registry info. The next one was a little poem about how to give the gift you were bringing. It said don't wrap it because we are just going to throw away that "crap" (yes, it actually said that) also don't bring a card, bring a book instead. Then the invite didn't have the girls last name (I know two women with the same first name having a baby within a month from one another) or what state it was in just "XX Main st". Wtf!? Is it just me or is it really odd???

Edit: just to add more background on this. For this girls bridal shower she didn't want gifts, but asked for gift cards as well (about as rude as asking for cash right?) and I never received a thank you card. I have a feeling I won't with this either if things aren't wrapped and there is no card to tell who have what...

I wouldn't give her a single thing. How tacky!

AFM: I am usually a side sleeper but I am getting tired of sleeping on my left side. I think knowing I am supposed to sleep on my left is making my desire to sleep on my right even stronger!

I think the baby shower invite sounds odd with the lack of surname etc.

Personally I view asking for vouchers/money as no different to including a gift list

Thank you letters / emails are the most important to me

Hello all! I'm doing good-hips are hurting but other than that. Next week is my 17 week appt, so yay!

That is a really tacky baby shower invite.

hi ladies! i don't know why i hardly ever post but i read every day - so i feel like i know you all. and yet you don't know me!

made it to 13 weeks today! it's hard being in the forum being due at the end of the month because you are always behind - but at least it lets me know what to look forward to.

i am still absolutely not showing at ALL. i think my uterus must still be tilted in there weird because i barely even feel it above my pubic bone. and my some weird miracle i've been losing weight the last month?? i know i shouldn't be but i am not trying to at all and i still feel like i am eating horribly. i gained 5 pounds in the first 8 weeks and now back to my pre-pregnancy weight at 13. i WAS quite sick for some time but still ate non-stop and horrible food choices. who knows. i'm finally feeling good again and excited to focus on healthier options! and start getting a little more active. 2nd tri is already a dream and i'm not even there yet!

i think everything is going well with the babe. had an appt yesterday and all sounded great. my husband is a resident at the hospital and he is late coming home today because he had to deliver a 20 week fetal demise. poor guy - i can't imagine how hard that would be with a pregnant wife!

and trinity - with a classic migraine, you usually have a headache that is so bad, you just want to lay in a dark room until it goes away. you are often nauseous and sensitive to bright light and/or loud sounds. sometimes you get weird visual changes before they come on. really all you can do is sleep it off - some people take a benadryl or something to help them sleep! i had my first one this pregnancy - pregnancy can trigger them unfortunately. hope they stay away for you!

Just a girl - poor hubby and poor you having to hear about such things! I know we're all aware of things which could go wrong, but I prefer to distance myself from them if at all possible.

At what point should I really make sure I don't sleep on my stomach? I'm 14w4d, and just have the teeny tiniest of bumps. I don't do it on purpose, but almost everytime I wake up I've turned on my stomach while I'm sleeping. It's my normal way of sleeping, so I'm having a hard time trying to make sure I stay on my sides. It's not uncomfortable yet on my stomach, since I don't have a bump, but it is squishing the baby?

I asked my midwife this very same question, only yesterday! She said basically what others have said: if it's not uncomfortable, it's fine, and I might like to try putting a pillow under the bump for support/comfort.

I cannot sleep on my stomach anymore . It's uncomfortable and I can feel I am putting too much pressure on the bump .
As someone said ... I would start when it feels uncomfortable . But I also sleep only on my left side right now ( which you should do starting 16 week of pregnancy ) because I know it's good for the baby :baby:

I really struggle with the laying on one side, let alone being so specific about which side! I always lay on my left initially when I go to bed, but I move around quite a lot in the night, so there's no way I'd ever stay on one side for most or all of the night. Part of my issue is that to sleep on my left, I'm facing my husband (stay with me on this!): he turns over at some point and is facing me, and often is breathing through his mouth and I hate being breathed on! It's usually at that point that I turn over!

I have fibroids, but they were aware of them before my antenatal scans. However, despite 3.5 years of 'unexplained infertility' they showed up on my baseline scan for IVF; why on earth they hadn't been found/mentioned for previous investigative scans, I've no idea! As a result of these (and other complications!) I'm seeing a consultant and they will keep a closer eye on my and bus later in the pregnancy: I'll be scanned every 4 weeks from 20 weeks I think. When I mentioned to the sonographer who found the fibroids, the fact that it may have been preventing a pregnancy, she said it was unlikely, but in my mind, it's a bit of a coincidence.

Personally, I think I'd have ignored such an invitation. If at some point this person raises it directly with you, you could always just say that you know more than one person with that name and wasn't sure who it related to.
I don't 'like' being asked for money/gift cards as gifts. However, although OH and I did have a gift list for our wedding, we did also mention in the details that we would be glad of financial donations, but I think we worded it in such a way that it was diplomatic, and people still had the option of buying a gift from the list. (I hated doing it, but we'd lived together for years, so the usual wedding gifts just weren't appropriate). What I don't like about that invitation is that, as you say, if you're not wrapping the gifts or taking cards, there's no link between the guest and the gift and I am a stickler for thank yous!

Proud momma - you are having a run of bad luck aren't you! 2014 should be a better year!

Proud momma - you are having a run of bad luck aren't you! 2014 should be a better year![/QUOTE]

It looks like it :shrug: , I hope it gets better :thumbup:

hi ladies! i don't know why i hardly ever post but i read every day - so i feel like i know you all. and yet you don't know me!

made it to 13 weeks today! it's hard being in the forum being due at the end of the month because you are always behind - but at least it lets me know what to look forward to.

i am still absolutely not showing at ALL. i think my uterus must still be tilted in there weird because i barely even feel it above my pubic bone. and my some weird miracle i've been losing weight the last month?? i know i shouldn't be but i am not trying to at all and i still feel like i am eating horribly. i gained 5 pounds in the first 8 weeks and now back to my pre-pregnancy weight at 13. i WAS quite sick for some time but still ate non-stop and horrible food choices. who knows. i'm finally feeling good again and excited to focus on healthier options! and start getting a little more active. 2nd tri is already a dream and i'm not even there yet!

i think everything is going well with the babe. had an appt yesterday and all sounded great. my husband is a resident at the hospital and he is late coming home today because he had to deliver a 20 week fetal demise. poor guy - i can't imagine how hard that would be with a pregnant wife!

and trinity - with a classic migraine, you usually have a headache that is so bad, you just want to lay in a dark room until it goes away. you are often nauseous and sensitive to bright light and/or loud sounds. sometimes you get weird visual changes before they come on. really all you can do is sleep it off - some people take a benadryl or something to help them sleep! i had my first one this pregnancy - pregnancy can trigger them unfortunately. hope they stay away for you!

I lost weight too, like 4-5 pounds. Being pregnant you just naturally burn more calories, so if your eating doesn't change at all you will most likely lose a little bit of weight. In my case I just couldn't really eat because I would just throw it up!

Very sad about your hubby dealing with that at work. One of my good friends is an OB resident, and she deals with a lot of high risk patients, and I've heard some really sad stories before I got pregnant. I probably wouldn't deal with hearing them now! :(

Today I had my 12 week u/s. Everything looked good. :thumbup: Happy to see baby growing well, moving etc. :happydance:

I have my gender scan on the first week of Feb. I don't know how I'm going to wait patiently until then.

I am just super happy today after seeing the little baby. :haha:

Happy holidays to all of you! Enjoy! :happydance:

Today I had my 12 week u/s. Everything looked good. :thumbup: Happy to see baby growing well, moving etc. :happydance:

I have my gender scan on the first week of Feb. I don't know how I'm going to wait patiently until then.

I am just super happy today after seeing the little baby. :haha:

Happy holidays to all of you! Enjoy! :happydance:

Loveryredrose -I a. Glad everything is ok :thumbup:

I couldn't help myself I did the baking soda test and it fizzed like crazy - it should mean boy
Did anyone else tried it ? Especially those who already know what they having ? :shrug:

Hey ladies, guess what we learned today! We're having a:

Attachments

• Panda_boy.jpg
    Panda_boy.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 4
I got my nt results back, risk for downs is 1 in 49750 so I'm pretty pleased with that!

I always sleep on my back later in pregnancy because if hurts my hips to be on my side! My midwife with my first said if it was affecting you, you would know about it so if you can sleep on your back (or front) and that's comfortable then go for it!

Bought the first thing for baby yesterday too!

https://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz173/boothh/0A36DC2C-7BAB-44DC-B57D-CEA9081EFA1A.jpg

So cute!

Hey ladies, guess what we learned today! We're having a:

wow congrats!! how did you find out so soon?

Thanks Confuzion!
We found out early by doing the maternit21 testing. I had my 12 week NT scan and bloodwork and we added the extra gender test. It's so easy. Just a blood test and mire accurate than an ultrasound. All my test results came back normal and negative so we're thrilled. The icing on the cake is learning the sex early. Best Christmas present!! Now we can plan :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->