Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Proudmomma- boys are not easiest for everybody! Lol

My mom had 3 girls before having a boy. One of my sisters had 3 girls then a boy and another had 2 girls then a boy. All the women in my family have had girls first so I'm thinking I may be the same though I prefer boy first.

My brothers though have been taken over by boys. One has 3 and the other 3 with a 4th on the way!

also i wanted to ask you ladies - what is your favorite nursing bra??

My cousin & his wife had their first 3 weeks after me; their second a month before me & have just messaged to tell me number 3 is due mid July :) we both have 2 boys at the mo and our eldest get mistaken for each other by extended family - they look so similar!

Also I bought a basic bouncy chair (that is the type I prefer no batteries/vibrate etc) it was half price - feels nice having something ready for him! When we moved to Spain we weren't planning number3 quite so soon so sold most bits instead of shipping!

Michaels mum had girl girl girl boy. His dad had girl boy boy. My dad had boy girl girl girl. My mu, had 2 girls. My full sister has 2 girls. My half sister has 2 girls and 2 boys. My brother has one of each. Michaels sisters, one has boy girl twins and the other boy boy boy girl. Super mixed. My nana and grandad have 2 of each and the other set just had my dad.... Michaels nan had 4 girls.

Super mixed!!!

Oh and I know. I have a huge family :shy:

i love it! i have four sisters but only one niece so far (i am the oldest). we have an absolute blast which is why i want a big family too - but my husband thinks 2-3 is plenty. we will see how everything goes!

DH is one of 4 boys, and DS is one of 4 boy cousins of a total of 5 :/ we never really stood a chance at a girl.

My mum and dad had 7 girls and 4 boys. I have a total of 35 nieces and nephews (very mixed, couple more boys than girls) I have one boy and then whatever this baby may be! One of my sisters has 5 boys and 1 girl and another sister has 5girls and 1 boy. I cannot wait to find out what I'm having! Three weeks to go x

We have only bought clothes so far, I keep looking at things but i'm waiting to the summer ranges arrive in the shops. I think I will make boy/girl lists instead of big unisex because it's all pretty boring to me!

I haven't bought a single thing yet. I feel so contained. I still have all of Oliver's things lol he never used his Moses basket so that's brand new. I might get a new sling/carrier x

I haven't bought a single thing yet. I feel so contained. I still have all of Oliver's things lol he never used his Moses basket so that's brand new. I might get a new sling/carrier x

I have most of the small things from the boys but not bulky things due to our move. I want a playmat & a cot (I had an ikea one which was fine with the boys but gave it to my cousin thinking I wouldn't need it but they are cheap anyway!) but don't really need any other paraphernalia

I am trying to persuade myself I don't need another carrier/sling but I think I'll succumb to at least 1 new one if not 2 - after all summer here is very hot and I'll need a gauze wrap and maybe a fil'up mesh stretchy or a bamboo fabric one! We actually have a store about 10min drive from me that sells stretchies woven wraps, ring slings, maiteis and ergonomic buckle carriers.... I may spend!

Best sling/wrap for a newborn? I never mastered the newborn stage lol

Best sling/wrap for a newborn? I never mastered the newborn stage lol

the stretchy ones look nice (moby etc) but there is a weight limit. i used a woven ring sling before transitioning to a regular woven wrap, and will prolly do the same again :)

I think I'll stick to stretchy then mei tai. I have big boobies so easy to bf in mei tai for me lol x

With my first I used maitei from birth & a ringsling occasionally, progressed to maitei, pouch & connecta. Now use toddler connecta & ring sling but not often.

My second I had a pouch (several for different outfits!) and a stretchy I used from birth. He was in the connecta from 6 weeks (mine is a solarweave and IMO not quite as supportive as a standard which I would be happy to wear from birth). I later used my maitei and a ringsling and now use both those, a shortie woven wrap and a toddler connecta. I do have a buggy but it's rarely used!

I loved the stretchy in very early days, I found it great for having him snuggled asleep and I was able to almost forget he was there so I could play with ds1! I found the pouch harder to do that in but a maitei would work well too.

I'm thinking I will likely kangaroo carry in my shortie this time as it is a single layer carry and my shortie is quite thin cotton. Summer hear is HOT and a standard stretchy would be too hot. Will wait and see but I think the new bub will get at least 1 sling/carrier of his own!

im gonna go with a stretchy to start and I desperately desperately want an ahoi ring sling but don't have the funds to search until the end of the month,

im gonna go with a stretchy to start and I desperately desperately want an ahoi ring sling but don't have the funds to search until the end of the month,

i'm trawling ebay atm for slings for sale. got a feeler out on my local facebook buy swap and sell groups, too.

I missed out on the family talk but I'm going to tell you anyway just to prove that anything can happen.

Dh's family hadn't had a single boy born into it for something like 5 generations- it just seemed impossible until 3 years ago when my sil had a girl and then a couple of months later my other sil who already had 2 boys also had a girl. It made the local paper and everything lol! But just goes to show that things can change!

On my side of the family things are completely equal. I have 1 sister and 2 brothers and 4 male and 4 female cousins. I think my cousins children are mainly girls though but I don't really keep in contact with them.

i'm trawling ebay atm for slings for sale. got a feeler out on my local facebook buy swap and sell groups, too.

Thats what I'm going to do when I have the money ready. I only have one sling, it's a beautiful girasol rainbow ring sling, I love it but teddy is very attached to it so I think the new baby will need their own sling. I think I will try wrapping this time too, x

I have 8! 4 are all used at least weekly. The pouches are used less (but more in summer) but they were either handmade by a friend or under £12. Oh and the baby connecta since I upgraded to toddler size but baby connecta will be in full use by August!

I sold on a lot too that passed thru quickly - my stretchy, a maitei that wasn't as good as I expected, a couple of cheap pouches and an R&R buckle carrier I didn't get on with. I was quite heavily involved as a volunteer with my local sling library in the uk!

If I could only keep 1 it would probably be my shortie woven but DH LOVES buckles! My favourite is my pale blue & white oscha starry night ring sling it's beautiful but not quite as versatile as the shortie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->