Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Looks lovely Jess :)

This baby is a tinker! She kicks constantly at night but as soon as I tell DH to come feel she stops!! :nope:
He just put his hand on my belly for 10 mins, she did nothing. As soon as he moved it she started kicking! It's every night! Coincidence or not a daddies girl? :haha:

Hoping- :hugs: I hope everything goes well at the scan tomorrow! Keep us updated.

Very pretty! Is a Moses basket the same as a bassinet? Looks similar, mine is on wheels though.

Love it Jess.

Hey ladies! I know I fell off the face of the planet, but I've got big news! Today we found out that our little one is a little boy! It was a total shocker to my husband who was dead sure it was a little girl, I wasn't so sure for the longest. Except for when I was first pregnant I had a feeling it was a boy but I didn't want to jump to conclusions.

I'm so thrilled! He was such a cutie swallowing fluid and moving around. I drank a small cup of 7UP and it did the trick too much. He was super wriggly but then at one point got into his favorite spot and didn't want to move for the technician until she wiggled the wand - which made him flip over completely!

We did have a small sickle cell scare, but DH is negative so we're in the clear!! Oh, my due date is June 15, not June 13...not that it matters much. He'll come when he's ready!

Looks lovely Jess :)

This baby is a tinker! She kicks constantly at night but as soon as I tell DH to come feel she stops!! :nope:
He just put his hand on my belly for 10 mins, she did nothing. As soon as he moved it she started kicking! It's every night! Coincidence or not a daddies girl? :haha:

My son did the same thing with my hubby...made me giggle!!

We've been able to see the baby sticking up in my belly yesterday and DH can feel it quite easily now, but the same whenever I say come and feel baby stays still for ages :haha: 2 more sleeps til scan! Can't wait to see how big baby has grown!

got my 16w appt today (HA!) and our 20w scan next week (lol).

they always ask for pee in a cup so i've fudged the potential result by peeing before i scarfed down the HUGE bowl of frosties followed by the chocolates a friend sent in a care package from Oz .... haha. if i get a plus on my glucose levels despite the pee being on an empty stomach, then at least i went out with a bang.

For the ladies who have given birth before.....did you have a straight forward first labour? How long was it? And has it made you more or less scared/nervous this time? x

For the ladies who have given birth before.....did you have a straight forward first labour? How long was it? And has it made you more or less scared/nervous this time? x

Hiya...Mine was not straight forward, I was a week late, the labour was 27 hours long and he was back to back and slightly turned to one side, so not in an ideal birthing position at all. I didn't respond very well to the hormone drip, one notch up and i was contracting every 30 seconds, one notch down every 8 minutes...without it, i was contracting all over the shop. So that wasn't really helping, coupled with dilating ridiculously slowly. I did try pushing for an hour and a half once i eventually made it to 10cms, but it just wasn't happening. In the end I had an emergency c-section.

In essence the labour wasn't particularly 'bad' it was long yes, and i was bloody knackered at the end of it. But i was quite calm throughout most of it, it was just towards the end it got a bit stressful.

Has it made me scared - yes and no. Yes because of the section I am not going for a natural labour as I'm terrified of my uterine wall rupturing (even though it's a teeny percentage, it literally makes me shake and sweat thinking about it - this is not the only reason for the planned section btw!) so I'm having a planned section, which i'm now happy about after hearing LOTS of positive stories about friends and people on here have found theirs. I have had one lady tell me about her daughter having to go to NICU because of lung issues, but that she's a healthly girl now. And no, because I did it once (sort of!) and I will be and I can do it again!

Today I have my 16wk midwife appointment, although a week late - in fact I really need to get a wriggle on and leave work!!

LOL nope. was induced because of GD and SPD, waters went at 1cm and i didn't progress further than that for like 17 hours or summat, was never in "established" labour as my contractions were only ever 40sec long and he was back to back the whole way, ended up being hoicked out with forceps under a spinal block (they were prepping for a section, forceps was the last ditch attempt). was 27 hours in total.

it's made me much less nervous for this time around because it can't possibly go that way again, and even if it does i know what to expect :D

Mangoes, congrats on your little boy and so glad you dropped in again!

Mine was weird. I started having very strong and fast contractions so I went to labor and delivery. They checked me but I was just barely dilated. With the contractions I was having and since I was 38 weeks they went ahead and induced me. Took over 20 hours before I got to push and then it took another 2 hours of pushing before dd was born.

I really hope things are more straightforward this time and I don't get the crazy contractions.

My contractions started on a Tuesday night but were irregular. My waters broke 11am Thursday morning. I was in hospital 2pm Thursday as I was due to be induced (12 days late!) but they decided against it as was already 3 cm dilated. Lots of walking up and down stairs and around the hospital followed! Examined at 10 pm but still 3cm dilated so not in 'established' labour. My midwife gave me two paracetamol and said she was going home to sleep and that I'd likely have him the following night or the morning after that. Straight after that I felt his head and kept saying I wanted to push but the midwife said that I wasn't ready yet. She finally checked me again at midnight (2 hours later) as I insisted and was told that I was indeed 10cms and ready to push! Baby had been there so long ready to be pushed out his heartbeat dropped dangerously low and then could not be found. Was told to push push push (no time to breathe) and he came out half an hour later not breathing, totally white and having passed meconium. He was also tightly corded twice. He was taken away for assistance but thankfully brought back after about 15-20 minutes wide awake :). His placenta was badly calcified.
So all in all my labour (including pushing) was put down as 2 1/2 hours! I had no time for my gas and air so had to do it on two lousy painkillers!

I am slightly nervous this time if baby decides to come quickly again but I will most certainly insist on being checked more if needed. I feel that if my midwife had checked me again half an hour after saying I was 3cm she would have seen I was now fully dilated and ready for him to come out. His problems were certainly due to his head being there for too long. x

I can see why you would be nervous, but at least you know now that could possibly happen and you would be able to be more insistent on being checked.

My contractions had started on and off from his due date the week before, but 27 hours of established labour!! My waters were broken as well at some point during that time..!

My little boy was born at 39+6! My waters broke as I got out of bed and contractions started not too long after. Had a pretty straightforward labour on gas and air then he was born at about 8pm!
I am anxious about the birth I sort of think everything was pretty straightforward last time so perhaps it wont be this time!
Im currently off work resting, or resting as much as is possible with a 2 year old that is! Thankfully the braxton hicks I was having have calmed down so I'm just having the odd one here and there. Been checked by the midwife today and everything was fine so I do feel a bit more reassured now.
And... only 2 more sleeps til my scan on Friday!

Kind of off topic and this may seem silly, but I began to feel baby move consistently around 17+5. Now I feel him move everyday. Before I knew he was a boy, it honestly felt weird feeling him move. Since this is my first baby, I often wondered if I just had excessive gas or a rumbling stomach. It just felt super odd and unreal I guess.

Thing is, now that I know that my baby is a boy and I began to attach a personality, name etc and I've seen what he looks like, I welcome to movements. That's normal, right?

I do kind of feel more prepared this time! Especially as I now know I really should go with what my body says. I had planned a home birth for my first son and had everything ready but it wasn't to be. I want to be in hospital this time! x

Mangoes, maybe you just feel you have bonded with the baby more now? Seeing the baby at scans certainly makes it all a bit more real :) x

Mangoes, maybe you just feel you have bonded with the baby more now? Seeing the baby at scans certainly makes it all a bit more real :) x

I think I have! Before yesterday's scan, I hadn't had one since I was 7 weeks along. I heard his heartbeat at 14 weeks, but I guess it really became real when I saw him on the screen and the technician wiggled the wand and I saw him move and face us for a second.

Bless ya Frizzabelle, that sounds like a nightmare :flower:

I'm nervous purely cos I am convinced I'll give birth at the side of the road or sommit. Last baby I didn't make it upto the delivery suite and only got as far as an antenatal ward and DH missed the whole thing, if I hadn't of already been at hospital because my waters had been broken 30 hours she would've arrived somewhere not in hospital as my labour was documented as 21 minutes :wacko: I had made a clear decision to stay at home this time but then the midwife threw the spanner in that it doesn't mean they will get one to me in time :dohh: reassuring!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->