Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Congrats jess and lilpreciouse on team blue!!! I thought pink was going to catch up. Now I'm not so sure :haha:

Hope you get better now boothh!

Oh yes V-day!! Being a lurker of BNB for some time and seeing people and their V-day posts I always thought it was their Valentine's Day in whatever country they were in. Silly me!

Now I know - and for anyone else who wants to know without feeling embarrassed for not knowing, like me - it's Viability Day. 24 weeks when they're more likely to survive with medical intervention. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's filtered information. lol

Mine V-day is 2 days after Valentine's Day. lol

I never knew this either until I started seeing all the posts about it!

So I'm thinking about making my own baby food. Just looking for input if anyone has done this! Is it really necessary to buy a special baby food thing, or will a normal blender do the trick? Figured just steaming and blending is the same as the special $100 baby food machines..

Thanks, DH is taking some time off to look after the kids so that's a big help, I'm hoping I start to improve in the Morning!

liz a normal blender is fine.i made stuff for my LOS, I'll remember to write some of our favourite recipes tomorrow . off to sleep now xx

DH and I found out that we are team :blue:!

He was very uncooperative when it came to showing off his face, he kept putting his back to the UStech so we got no pictures of that. For his boy parts though? he was spread eagle showing his parts to the world. If the UStech just stayed there, he would have been all set!

When we talked to the doctor though, she had some not so great news to report from the US. Baby blue has a choroid plexus cyst on its spine. This is a soft marker to Trisomy 18 (or Edwards syndrome). It is not 100%, but I have to go in for a High Risk OB US probably next Tuesday for them to check further. If the OB feels wonky about it, I will have to have a Harmony blood test and go from there.

Also it appears that I have one of the fibroid tumors that is about 6cm. I will have to continuously have US in order to keep an eye on it and if it gets in the way, I will have to have a c-section instead of natural birth. :wacko:

Good news and potentially bad news. At least we know what the gender is!!

He was very uncooperative when it came to showing off his face, he kept putting his back to the UStech so we got no pictures of that. For his boy parts though? he was spread eagle showing his parts to the world. If the UStech just stayed there, he would have been all set!

When we talked to the doctor though, she had some not so great news to report from the US. Baby blue has a choroid plexus cyst on its spine. This is a soft marker to Trisomy 18 (or Edwards syndrome). It is not 100%, but I have to go in for a High Risk OB US probably next Tuesday for them to check further. If the OB feels wonky about it, I will have to have a Harmony blood test and go from there.

Also it appears that I have one of the fibroid tumors that is about 6cm. I will have to continuously have US in order to keep an eye on it and if it gets in the way, I will have to have a c-section instead of natural birth. :wacko:

Congrats on team blue! :hugs: for your results. I'm not too familiar with your circumstance but I hope everything works out and you have the Best possible outcome!

Congrats on being Team Blue Sassy!!! I hate that you got the potentially bad news along with it. From what I understand babies with T18 usually have a lot of other indications that something is amiss by 20 weeks, so if the cyst is the only thing it's unlikely he has T18.

Congrats on being Team Blue Sassy!!! I hate that you got the potentially bad news along with it. From what I understand babies with T18 usually have a lot of other indications that something is amiss by 20 weeks, so if the cyst is the only thing it's unlikely he has T18.

Thank you Cali, that is my understanding as well. The heart and Kidneys looked totally fine on the US which are the actual problem areas. The cyst is the most controversial of the soft markers for T18 as it is known as a transient cyst that can come and go at any time. And if it is not T18, the cyst has no known affects on development or anything. I have everything crossed little Zachary is A-OK, it's just nerve wracking.

On the plus side I get to see my baby a lot because I will be having constant ultrasounds! I need a picture of his face not just his boy parts!!

Thank you Cali, that is my understanding as well. The heart and Kidneys looked totally fine on the US which are the actual problem areas. The cyst is the most controversial of the soft markers for T18 as it is known as a transient cyst that can come and go at any time. And if it is not T18, the cyst has no known affects on development or anything. I have everything crossed little Zachary is A-OK, it's just nerve wracking.

On the plus side I get to see my baby a lot because I will be having constant ultrasounds! I need a picture of his face not just his boy parts!!

I went through this too with dd with T21 and I know how hard it is not to worry even when everything looks great so hang in there. But you are right, the frequent ultrasounds are wonderful!! It's even more fun to get them when you're further along and with the great equipment that they use.

Congratulations on team blue sassy! I'm not familiar with your situation but I hope everything is ok :flower:

I've just bought my Moses basket :D reduced from £120 to £49 at mamas and papas! Bargain! I am in love! https://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/jenniferannex/Mobile%20Uploads/818C9ED9-8577-4B9D-B440-FC7ECD5FD4F7_zpsahpevvkb.png

I love that basket! Been looking at it myself but were staying team yellow!

Hi girls! Sorry I have been MIA but I wanted to pop in to share that we found out on Friday the guys are expecting a little GIRL:cloud9: Everyone is so excited! We do have one set back... her heart is on the wrong side. I go in for a more detailed ultrasound tomorrow to see what we are dealing with. We are hopeful that everything will be just fine!

I hope you are all doing well! It is exciting that we are all in the 2nd trimester and finding out genders.

:hi: hoping

Oh how lovely for them to get a little princess! Sounds a little scary about the heart but hopefully it turns out ok!

Hi girls! Sorry I have been MIA but I wanted to pop in to share that we found out on Friday the guys are expecting a little GIRL:cloud9: Everyone is so excited! We do have one set back... her heart is on the wrong side. I go in for a more detailed ultrasound tomorrow to see what we are dealing with. We are hopeful that everything will be just fine!

I hope you are all doing well! It is exciting that we are all in the 2nd trimester and finding out genders.

Hope everything goes well, thinking of you and baby girl! x

Congratulations on your baby girl hoping :) I wish you the best of luck for your ultra sound tomorrow! Xx

thanks girls! I guess the official term is dextrocardia. One of the daddies-to-be actually just hopped on a flight and will be with me at the the appointment. I am really relieved that I don't have to go alone. We are hoping that it will turn out to be nothing serious/life threatening and that it will be just one more thing to make her extra special.

Still over the moon and shocked were having boy!

all wives tales, heartrate etc pointed to girl. Everyone thought girl too lol.

Put this up today as couldnt wait to see it up in the house!! :D

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/560/evzp.jpg

Aw, that's beautiful Jess!!

Hoping - I hope your little one is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member