Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

I think gender disappointment can be felt to different degrees. Some just feel a little pang like on here and some can be devastated! I think it is recognised as a mental health diagnosis nowadays so to be honest saying that women should just be grateful whatever the sex compared to those who can't have children is a little like saying that those women with PND etc should just be grateful. Sometimes you just can't help the way you feel.

We're team yellow and I really don't mind (although may lean slightly towards wanting a girl) so hopefully I won't have this problem.

I wholly agree with this :thumbup: I've been fortunate enough to be blessed with 2 of each so far so I cannot in anyway understand gender disappointment but I do sympathise with those who suffer those feelings.

I didn't say they should 'just be grateful'. I was saying how I PERSONALLY don't understand how you could feel disappointment over the gender of your baby. It wasn't a dig or pop at anyone. And yes I mentioned ladies who can't have children or are having complicated pregnancies/lost babies as it surely puts things into perspective?
It's the same as how my sister gets annoyed when people say 'you are so lucky to have one of each' as if she wouldn't be lucky if she had had two boys. x

there are pros and cons to the one of each thing - i mean, we hardly have to get ANYTHING because minion will be able to wear all of the troll's things - the only necessities will be seasonal gear, as they are 6 months apart on the seasonal calendar. that hasn't stopped my dad going nuts in the sales though... /facepalm

I didn't say they should 'just be grateful'. I was saying how I PERSONALLY don't understand how you could feel disappointment over the gender of your baby. It wasn't a dig or pop at anyone. And yes I mentioned ladies who can't have children or are having complicated pregnancies/lost babies as it surely puts things into perspective?
It's the same as how my sister gets annoyed when people say 'you are so lucky to have one of each' as if she wouldn't be lucky if she had had two boys. x

Sorry I wasn't having a dig at you, I was just trying to explain it as I understand it i.e you can't put it in perspective because it's a mental health condition rather than a conscious decision.

there are pros and cons to the one of each thing - i mean, we hardly have to get ANYTHING because minion will be able to wear all of the troll's things - the only necessities will be seasonal gear, as they are 6 months apart on the seasonal calendar. that hasn't stopped my dad going nuts in the sales though... /facepalm

I'm the same as you! My son was born in December and I've kept all his clothes but this baby is June so will need to get seasonal stuff but we're sorted for vests etc just need a few summer outfits x

Not going into much detail about GD as I know it's a touchy subject, but I am fed up of people saying to me 'awwww you'll have to have another to get a boy' it really irritates me. Like they think I'm dissapointed I got another girl when I'm not atall, I would of been happy with whichever gender :)

Welcome LalaR and thanks for all the congratulations on us being team pink :happydance:

I was shocked when the sonographer said girl, I had a feeling she was a girl at first, probably because this pregnancy has been so different from the last one when we had our little boy, but as I've got further along I thought we would have another boy. It was strange, I was sure I wanted another boy - I had all of Jacob's clothes out of the attic and was looking through all his newborn stuff, not believing he was ever small enough to wear it, just going "aaawww" at everything, and I felt I couldn't wait to dress the new baby in all his old stuff. I was surprised when we were told our new one was a girl because of the way I felt - I expected to be a bit disappointed after wanting another boy (even though I would be happy with either) but I felt so happy she was a girl, I think I must have been hiding that I really wanted a girl from myself, maybe I was just scared that I would never have a girl, but now I can't believe I felt that way - totally confused myself!

I suppose no matter how you think you feel, the only thing that matters is how you feel when your little one is actually here. 20 Weeks tomorrow so half way through! :happydance:

had my scan today and were team blue! :blue:

pic of baby looking at us :flower:

Attachments

• 2014-01-20 14.31.37.jpg
    2014-01-20 14.31.37.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 12
Team :blue: also. OH was hoping for a girl bless him.

(Even though the lady wasn 100%)

Congrats on blue Jess and pink for Irish girl!

What's the next milestone we wait for, for those who already know the gender? I've already felt movements and have a bump that you can tell is baby and not fat.

20 weeks have flown by! I can't believe we're halfway finished!

boys are taking over the june thread! mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Congratulations on team blue aswell precious :D
So many boys!!

Ophelia my next mile stone is Vday! 3 weeks to go :D

Hi girls!
I had my iron infusion today and I'm home from the hospital now to take it easy for a few days, hopefully I feel better soon!
Scan on Friday.
I must say as a mother of two boys and this being our last baby it would be lovely to have a baby girl this time. But I would never be sad or disappointed we were having another boy. We've been through a lot and I feel lucky we've had it easy this time.
The thought I will never have a girl though would make me a little sad but only because I'll never get to buy cute girly clothes :haha:

Congrats on the boys and the little girl! Boys really are taking over!

I still haven't felt any movements that I'm convinced are baby, so waiting for those. I haven't heard the heartbeat either yet. I forgot that they can do that at the scan so hopefully my midwife will let me hear at the appointment on Wednesday! Have my 20wk scan on 12th Feb, even though we're staying team yellow, I can't wait to see little bear again!

thanks everyone :D

next step is V day... 3 weeks to go x

Hi girls!
I had my iron infusion today and I'm home from the hospital now to take it easy for a few days, hopefully I feel better soon!
Scan on Friday.
I must say as a mother of two boys and this being our last baby it would be lovely to have a baby girl this time. But I would never be sad or disappointed we were having another boy. We've been through a lot and I feel lucky we've had it easy this time.
The thought I will never have a girl though would make me a little sad but only because I'll never get to buy cute girly clothes :haha:

Glad you're doing ok now. Hope you have some help with the little ones while you're recovering. And I know what you mean about buying the girly clothes lol.

Oh yes V-day!! Being a lurker of BNB for some time and seeing people and their V-day posts I always thought it was their Valentine's Day in whatever country they were in. Silly me!

Now I know - and for anyone else who wants to know without feeling embarrassed for not knowing, like me - it's Viability Day. 24 weeks when they're more likely to survive with medical intervention. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's filtered information. lol

Mine V-day is 2 days after Valentine's Day. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"