Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Thank you! I had a hard time bfing with both of them, it isn't something that has ever come easy, so I decided early on I wouldn't put myself through it again. Bottles and sterilisers overwhelm me though, they make me feel like a new mum again x

Thank you! I had a hard time bfing with both of them, it isn't something that has ever come easy, so I decided early on I wouldn't put myself through it again. Bottles and sterilisers overwhelm me though, they make me feel like a new mum again x

:hugs: you fed a long time for somebody that had problems - I said with both mine that i would put some time in but that if it was overly difficult or I had major problems needing lots of expressing then I would change or combi feed fairly quickly. Luckily I had a few niggles in the early stages but nothing really major and I fed them both over a year.

I will breastfed again this time and hope I have a similar path!

There are two things that really encourage me
1.) just how amazing that colostrum is in the first few days even if they only get a few drops. I know we are not animals and I know our home are cleaner than farms but one thing that sticks with me from my uni days (I'm a vet) is that it was proven that the survival rate of lambs was massively improved if it was guaranteed that every lamb had colostrum - the farmers would stomach tube the first feed into the lamb as soon as they could and it made huge differences - they gave 1-2ml per lamb!
2.) the thought of having to prepare bottles over night if I don't have to - it's bad enough feeding but all the gaff of bottles and trying to keep baby quiet till bottle ready etc so that my other kids aren't woken!

Edit - my point is that I think I would always try and give at least a feed or two to get the colostrum in and then move on from there if needs be x

I'm really pro breastfeeding and I always really beat myself up about struggling. My son was extremely underweight at one point and under the paediatrician. It would have been so easy to quit but I just couldn't do it. I'm not sure how I will feel when this one is here, probably exactly the same as the other two times but I am going to try not to beat myself up so much this time! X

I also found bfing really difficult. My son fed beautifully for three weeks and then just refused it altogether, he wouldn't take a bottle of expressed milk at that point either and I had to syringe feed him for a while. It was extremely upsetting and my midwife said she had never seen a baby build up a great supply of milk and then refuse it! I managed to breastfed him through the night until he was 3 months until he also refused that. He suffered terribly with colic.
I plan to breast feed again this time for as long as I can (which I hope is a lot longer than last time!) I really beat myself up with Tyler but I know I really did try my best and I certainly didn't give up easily! My friends that had babies at the same time all bottle fed straight away and I must say that they all had coughs, colds etc very early on while my son was extremely healthy- gotta love colostrum! Hehe x

I do believe breast milk is best but I just can't spend hours crying this time lol. That definitely wouldn't be the best thing for us all x

I struggled to fb last time, he was constantly being checked for tongue tie because he never latched properly, then he just had a 'short tongue' ended up losing over 1lb in the first 5 days and back in hospital in an incubator. I basically got bullied into giving him formula and we managed to combi til about 7 weeks.
I will try again this time but not putting myself through that again. If it gets too difficult i will formula feed and not feel guilty.

Well im still waiting to have my gender scan at 20 + 6.. but thats only 9 days away so im getting really excited!

Yay kayla can't wait to find out if you're team pink or blue! Hope baby cooperates!

I haven't read all of the fb comments but wanted to add my two cents...
My son was born at 29 weeks and he wasn't able to try bf until 36-7 weeks. I expressed all that time to keep him in breast milk and so I could bf him one day. It was so hard, I think expressing is like purgatory and I am hoping I can have an easier road to bf this time (and motherhood at all, frankly!).

I think if you are able to bf that is wonderful but I hate all the pressure women are put under and the societal expectations particularly from people who know nothing about a person and their situation.

I haven't read all of the fb comments but wanted to add my two cents...
My son was born at 29 weeks and he wasn't able to try bf until 36-7 weeks. I expressed all that time to keep him in breast milk and so I could bf him one day. It was so hard, I think expressing is like purgatory and I am hoping I can have an easier road to bf this time (and motherhood at all, frankly!).

I think if you are able to bf that is wonderful but I hate all the pressure women are put under and the societal expectations particularly from people who know nothing about a person and their situation.

Expressing for a preemie is the hardest thing ever, I don't think anyone who hasn't been there can understand it. Getting up through the night every 2 hours to be milked by a machine was the most depressing feeling in the world so I hear you sister. I would not wish it on my worst enemy :hugs:

I'm a bit scared about bf in case I can't do it but I'm going to give it a good shot but if it doesn't suit me then I firmly believe a happy mum is better than a bf mum iykwim?

With my first, I bf him for about a month, and then he wasn't getting enough so I quickly decided to move onto bottles as I was only thinking of bf at the beginning.
With my daughter, I thought I would do about the same but on the second night, she didn't let go of me all night and I think because I was already tired and that was too much for me, I couldn't stand to have her bf after that, so she was on bottle.
I quite regret the way things happened and for this one, should something similar happen, I would ask for a bottle in order to be able to keep bf for some time. So I'm going with quite an open mind and I'll hope for the best!

Moany whinge alert!

I feels soooo heavy, all my clothes are feeling just a bit small (& not just in my belly), I think I've got water retention and I'm full if a cold. My favourite long jumper is in need of repair again, my shorter jumpers are pulling on my belly & I look fat, not pregnant just fat :(

I need an early night and I can tell already it isn't going to happen :(

Rant over!

I've had a bug for 5 days :-( I was in hospital on Sunday with dehydration and E. coli in my urine. I feel sick as a dog I can barely function. Heartburn is making me sick more. I've lost a stone in 4 days. Blergh!

On the plus side my OH has 9 days off as of half an hour ago so I'm hoping for a rest. Toddlers are hard work when you can't stop vommiting, have constant heartburn and is having one of those days where you have to carry them the whole school run because the second you put them down they cross their arms, drop their chin, pout and refuse to move!

Please remove me from the 1st page... I delivered baby CC last Thursday. I wish you all a happy and healthy rest of you pregnancies.

Please remove me from the 1st page... I delivered baby CC last Thursday. I wish you all a happy and healthy rest of you pregnancies.

My condolences to you and the guys for this loss. I can't imagine. RIP baby CC.

Hoping - That just breaks my heart for you and the dads. xx

Congrats on team blue kayla.

AFM: Had my follow up scan today to check the spine and heart since Mr. Wiggles wouldn't stay still last time. I'm happy to report that everything is perfect and he's measuring right on track and weighs 1 pound. The tech was so kind to let us watch him for a few minutes. We saw him looking at us and sticking out his tounge. Little booger! He also smacked himself in the head a few times and we could see him swallowing.

Since I had the SCH I get extra monitoring so the next visit in 4 weeks is another scan. My dr said it's not necessary but knows I'll take as many scans as I can get. lol

I think proudparent had a scan today too. Haven't seen any posts from her in a while. Hope everything is good.

Sorry some ladies have been ill. I had a horrible case of the flu last week. Thank God that's over! Feel better soon!

Confuzion: I've been watching your charts like a hawk and I've also read your journal. I've never commented or anything but I'm still wishing you the best of luck and hopefully you'll be back with us soon! xxxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 3

I'm so sorry. RIP, such desperately sad news. :cry: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"