Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Haha so I know it's weird posting this here since I'm not actually pregnant. But I've been trying to keep busy in my tww by looking at nursery ideas. My husband and I went furniture shopping not too long ago. Bought a coffee table and a bookcase. Anyway, we liked the nursery furniture the place had too so we chose our future nursery furniture already (Hope we're not jinxing ourselves :haha:).

So I wanted a cool neutral theme. So I chose a hot air balloon theme for the nursery. Made a collage of things I like + the furniture selection. What do you ladies think? Is it too boyish? Or does it work for both genders?

I really like it . The whole idea and especially the furniture but for me I can imagine baby boy with the theme :shrug:
But its adorable and I think its up to you how do you feel about it . May be if the walls would be paited girly or if you would put very girly stuff in between it would be awesome even for girl :thumbup:

Haha so I know it's weird posting this here since I'm not actually pregnant. But I've been trying to keep busy in my tww by looking at nursery ideas. My husband and I went furniture shopping not too long ago. Bought a coffee table and a bookcase. Anyway, we liked the nursery furniture the place had too so we chose our future nursery furniture already (Hope we're not jinxing ourselves :haha:).

So I wanted a cool neutral theme. So I chose a hot air balloon theme for the nursery. Made a collage of things I like + the furniture selection. What do you ladies think? Is it too boyish? Or does it work for both genders?

I LOVE the hot air balloon idea!!! That's so awesome! And I can totally see it for a little girl as much as I could for a little boy. I definitely think its gender neutral.

So, I have my anatomy scan and an early glucose test on Tuesday. Take the good with the bad, I suppose. Haha.

Thanks for the input ladies. Have fun tomorrow minni :happydance:

Confuzion, I agree with minni
I think it could work for a girl or a boy, what you could do is just change the colour of some of the ballons from blue to pink or something.
I really like that idea!

Sqwidge my scan was moved by half an hour and that was bad enough for me, a day would have killed me! Lol x

Confuzion - I agree with others, the hot air balloon are a lovely theme which would work well for a girl or a boy. You'd simply accessorise and/or adjust accordingly to boy or girl it up!
And I definitely don't believe in 'jinxing'! :thumbup: PMA can go a long way!

Gorgeous theme Confuzion.. Something 'dreamy' about it iykwim. Very gender neutral & timeless.

I should be asleep! Been having lots of crazy lucid dreams recently & feeling very hormonal - grumpy, emotional, irritable etc. Seriously hoping it's just a a temporary thing because it's driving me (and probably everyone around me) nuts! 😬

Thanks ladies :) You've all made me feel even better about it!

Feel better Tillymoo!

Boothh that's great news!! :D

confuzion I love the hot air balloon theme!! That would look lovely for a boy or girl! :D
I've been stalking your journal but haven't been posting fingers crossed for you there's still time :D

Well today it's V Day for me :happydance: cannot believe I've made it this far and wow it's gone soooo fast!

Confuzion that's a great idea!

jenniferanne - your typo made me LOL - - "cannot believe I've made it this fat." :haha: Isn't that how we all feel now??

I am so bloated still. I'm wondering if it can even be something wrong. I have pressure under my ribs and I FEEL like a hot air balloon.

I keep trying to measure my fundal height and ending up thinking my uterus is too small and hasn't grown. Had a whole panic last night that the baby isn't growing and cried for hours. Poor DH didn't know what to do. Then baby started kicking me real hard and DH was encouraging me to be calmer for the baby, so I calmed down.

My scan is in 3 days, I think this is pre-scan nerves. I can't believe I'll be 22 weeks by the scan. Feels like I've waited FOREVER. I just so hope everything is okay.

Confuzion that's a great idea!

jenniferanne - your typo made me LOL - - "cannot believe I've made it this fat." :haha: Isn't that how we all feel now??

I am so bloated still. I'm wondering if it can even be something wrong. I have pressure under my ribs and I FEEL like a hot air balloon.

I keep trying to measure my fundal height and ending up thinking my uterus is too small and hasn't grown. Had a whole panic last night that the baby isn't growing and cried for hours. Poor DH didn't know what to do. Then baby started kicking me real hard and DH was encouraging me to be calmer for the baby, so I calmed down.

My scan is in 3 days, I think this is pre-scan nerves. I can't believe I'll be 22 weeks by the scan. Feels like I've waited FOREVER. I just so hope everything is okay.

:haha: oops! I hadn't even noticed, but yeh that too! :haha:

I'm sure everything will be fine at your scan :flower: although it is so easy to worry isn't it! Xxx

Ella after my scan they put a graph in my notes to plot how my fundal growth should be from 24 weeks onwards so I wouldn't worry if you don't match the growth measurements you've seen- it's probably too early for that sort of thing xx

Please don't worry about fundal height. It is incredibly difficult to measure accurately, you can't really measure your own anyway and even if measured correctly it is horribly inaccurate!

I measured 10weeks behind with Ds1, I never measured above 29cm even when induced at 39+3 (aging placenta) he was 7lb4oz so average size

DS2 I measured 5-6weeks behind so up to about 34cm, he was born a week early and weighed 8lb10oz so biggish!

My SIL measured 4weeks ahead and her girl was about 8lb

Can I ask people's opinions of this dress for a wedding when bub will be 8weeks & breastfeeding...

https://www.mamaway.co.uk/?action=products_detail&prod_id=1337&color_code=B

I have 2 weddings in August & 1 in October so am hoping to wear this to all

Unfortunately, I am a member of the "I feel fat" club right now. I have an interview on Friday, and my maternity suit from last time does not fit AT ALL. I don't understand it because I remember wearing it when I was 9 months pregnant and I was much heavier when I pregnant with dd. Maybe I'm carrying the weight differently.

joey_jo, that dress is so cute and perfect!

that is a very cute dress :D i've my little brother's wedding in september so hoping i'll still be BFing by then and will need to get something similar. it's smart enough for weddings but casual enough for everyday wear (team it with skinny jeans and some boots).

Wow! V day already! This pregnancy is going so fast! Just another week and abit and it will be my v day! 3rd tri will be here before we know it. I really need to start organizing I think!

So I was fitted with a 24hr ECG today, my consultant wants to make sure everything's okay with my heart because I keep having heart palpitations and fainting! We think it's due to the anaemia but best to make sure hey x

I thought v-day was 24 weeks? I might be wrong though.

As we're talking about dresses for weddings, I have to go to one on Saturday and I've got this dress to wear https://www.tiffanyrose.com/maternity/clothing/GRB/Grace-Lace-Maternity-Dress-(Black).html

but I was a bit worried about being in black so have a red blazer to go with it. What do you ladies think? And no, I didn't pay their price, got it on ebay for £35 which was a bargain!

I think boothh said about V day as I had said on a previous page it was my V day today :D so she was just mentioning it was hers soon, going so fast!!!

Lovely dresses bet you will both look lovely! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->