Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Sounds like you ladies will be having loads of fun. I'm kind of jealous. Baby showers are not something we do in this part of the world. Last time everyone descended on us in the hospital day 3 postnatal to celebrate which was really tough going!

I always like the idea of planning a baby shower but iv never had one. People buy gifts for the baby when they come to visit when it's born here so guess it's a similar thing just not a party lol

I'm in the UK and it's not as commonly done here as ladies have said but I'm still going to set up a gathering with my mum for all the people close to me and my partner's new little family to celebrate with us :) Going to have men and women and we don't 'register' in this country usually but I will give suggestions if people ask me what we would like for a gift.
It's not about the gifts really for us though, so I will tell people that it's absolutely okay not to bring a gift or just bring a little token.
Mainly finger food and chatting about the baby and people cooing over my bump is how I see it going down :haha: I'm quite excited!
Not sure what to wear yet, but I have lots of loose summer dresses waiting for the weather to get warmer so probably one of those :)

don't do showers here, but might do a "sip-and-see" at the 4-6w mark pp. i really am not interested in visitors at all in the first fortnight, apart from immediate family.

I'm having a shower thrown by my aunt. She was so excited and staked her claim to throw a shower when we announced the pregnancy. Mine will be the day before Ellie turns a month old. Obviously it was planned well in advance of my due date but that didn't work out.

Thank you all for asking about us too. She still remains a strong little fighter. :)

I'm also in the UK, so not having a baby shower - although I know some people do over here. As others have said, it's generally more accepted to buy gifts once the baby has arrived.

Maybe - glad to hear your little girl is doing well.

I have posted a full update in my new parenting journal. Please check it out and follow me over there! The link is in my signature or you can click here...

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/parenting-journals/2135513-babymaybes-mommy.html#post31919353

I have posted a full update in my new parenting journal. Please check it out and follow me over there! The link is in my signature or you can click here...

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/parenting-journals/2135513-babymaybes-mommy.html#post31919353

So glad baby Ellie is doing well and I'll definitely be following your journal :)

As for the baby shower question. I'm in the U.S. and as this is our first we are having a shower but it's more of a BBQ co-Ed party. My two closest girlfriends are throwing it as my Mom and sister are so far away :(. Our theme is jungle baby just like our nursery and we have registered though we're not expecting gifts. We just really want to celebrate with our friends and have a nice BBQ. Oh! And it's going to be May 4th! Seems a lot of us have chosen that weekend :).

I'm getting so excited as hubby and I are finally getting around to starting on the nursery next week! I just ordered some baby items off Amazon, like my euro-tummy tub for the baby and a night light and some other nursery items. First baby purchases, lol!

Awesome that Ellie is doing well BabyMaybe!

Yay, only 2 days until the 3rd trimester, and my gestational diabetes test came back all clear! :happydance:

My bestie is throwing me a baby shower on the 10th May! It's very much the norm here to have a baby shower, but only for your first baby. We don't really register much here, most people bring a hamper of nappies, clothes and other trinkets. I'm inviting the guys too, so they can all have a drink with DH to celebrate him being a daddy while the girls are inside the house doing games etc. While the ladies finish off the games the boys can cook up a BBQ for lunch for everyone. I think that way it's more of a BBQ/get together with us and our friends rather than just a day of receiving gifts!

Just thought I would update
I had my little girl ebonee on the 28th of February at 7:19pm at 26+1 weeks
I had prom and infection we had to have an emergency c section
She is doing great

https://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/Natalieenaxx/2BB13A5F-A370-4484-BA54-F8CDD10B6D02.jpg
https://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/Natalieenaxx/6081AD80-C35D-4B4D-990B-0A09547191CF.jpg

[URL=https://s872.photobucket.com/user/Natalieenaxx/media/884ADD65-B43D-44D6-B585-CC3D557ED363.jpg.html]https://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/Natalieenaxx/884ADD65-B43D-44D6-B585-CC3D557ED363.jpg
https://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/Natalieenaxx/9886C1E8-B478-4BBB-A8FA-79E69560D909.jpg

Natalie glad to hear your girl is doing great. Sorry to hear she's so early! My girl was born 25w5d I was due June 3rd. Feel free to message me anytime. Good luck!

How is she going? It's really hard having a preemie
Last night she did have problems tolerating her feeds but after a couple hours she was fine.
She's up to 8mls now, she goes up a ml every 12 hours

Congratulations Natalie! She is beautiful, I hope her and baby Ellie continue to do well!
Thinking of you both x

Wow, 2 here already!
Nataliexx congratulations and I wish you all the best.
Babymaybe, good to hear that your little girl is doing well.

Baby maybe glad to hear Ellie is doing so well! :flower: I'll be stalking your journal!

Natalie, wow and congratulations!! I hope she continues to do well :flower:

Can't believe we have 2 June babies here already!!

Congratulations Natalie!! She looks beautiful- and so cute and tiny!! Hope she keeps up the good work. Can't believe we have two sunflowers already!!

Aww :cloud9: Congratulaions on the birth of Ebonee. I'm so pleased to hear she is doing so well for being so wee :hugs:

How is she going? It's really hard having a preemie
Last night she did have problems tolerating her feeds but after a couple hours she was fine.
She's up to 8mls now, she goes up a ml every 12 hours

She's doing really good considering everything. I made a huge lengthy post in my journal of you want to refer to that. Her feeds were thrown off schedule because she had a blood transfusion a couple of days ago. It helped quite a bit with her oxygenation. Her feeds will go up to 8 ml at 5 am and like yours go up every 12 until she hits 17. Then they'll add milk fortifier to it. I can't remember the next increase in the order set.

If I may ask what was your little ones weight/height? Judging your pics I'm guessing fairy close to Ellie but so hard to tell!

Glad to hear both of our little June babies are doing well. I hope they continue to do so. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->