Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

We moved DS1 up at 14mths. He was in an iKea cot bed but we only ever used it as a cot. He went straight from cot to a low small double bed.

DS2 was a big baby 24lb at 8mth and it was really hurting my back putting him in the cot on its low setting so we moved him to the low small double bed at 8mth! He was fine! He used to wake as I almost had to drop him in the cot (I had to put him down asleep) but once I could transfer him to a bed whilst sat on it life became easier.

Both boys transfered to high divan style single beds at just over 2yrs.

I have never used a bed guard. The low double was over carpet and I didn't think they'd fall but I lay the cot mattress next to it for a few nights - they never fell. With the single I had a duvet as a landing pad the first few nights; they both fell once on about night 3/4 but that was it.

Sounds like a fun weekend Jo :)
Moving sounds exciting but so close to due date.. Eek! I think we will need to think about moving within the next year, we only have two bedrooms at the moment and I suspect we will be abit cramped with 3 children in here!

Tenancy is up May 31st but considering Ed was a week early and that is after 37weeks I think we will overlap them for a week or two!

Matt is away may 9th for the Barcelona GP so probably the weekend after that about May 18th so a month before DUE DATE

Our house is big enough but the garden is tiny and all tiled and gets stupid hot. I want plenty of space to kick the older two out into over the summer ! And a sprinkler for them to play under!
Also our neighbours bang on the walls if Eddie cries and the thought of that with a newborn is awful. If we move further from the town centre we can afford a detached house :)

We plan to move our little one to a toddler bed at about 20 months. When we got the original cot bed the sides came damaged in transit. Mamas and Papas were great and sent another and told us to do what we wanted with the damaged one. The toddler bed is perfect but the side rails are damaged at the bottom. If it can be fixed we will use it for the new baby when at the high setting. If not we will just use the toddler bed for our little girl when the new baby needs to move out of the Moses basket. All a bit complicated but it's a free bed/cot!!

we moved taylor into a single mattress on the floor just before he hit a year old because he developed a sudden aversion to his cot. we've got bed guards because it segregates the bed as a sleeping area from the rest of the room as a play area. he loooooves standing next to them and shaking the crap out of them :/ but it helps us adults when we put him to bed or get up with him in the night cuz then WE don't fall out :p

My little boy had a cot bed butIit was only ever used as a cot. He's literally this week only just gone into a bed and he's 2 and a half. Rather than convert the cot into a bed we are going to use that for the baby and my lo has been treated to a single size racing car bed as he's obsessed with cars! He absolutely loves it!
We only have a two bedroom house but luckily the bedrooms are both a really good size. Having a boy and a girl though we will have to re think our options when they are a bit older. I'm trying not to think of that for now though!

No but iv been thinking about them and I hope baby Ellie is still doing well x

babymaybe posted on her journal that Ellie is still doing well :)

Oh good to hear! Bless them, they must be so busy, so much going on. Our first sunflower is still growing :dance: Wishing them luck, love and strength <3

That's good news. Thanks Ella Hopeful for letting us know.

Little Ellie is an amazing and strong little fighter!

Still fighting off this nasty cold. :( Have an ob appointment later today at 2:45.

Update from my appointment: Belly is measuring right on for 23 weeks. She still wants me to track my blood sugar for a few more weeks because even though they're normal now, in the coming weeks that could change because your body needs more insulin as baby grows and all so we'll see what she says next time. According to their scale, I've lost .6lbs since my first appointment! Wouldn't guess that by my belly!!! She's not worried though because I was overweight to begin with. Less to lose when she's born! Haha.

Here is a topic that has been on my mind lately: baby showers. How many of you are having a baby shower that you know of? Are you involved with the planning? If so, when is it? Does it have a "theme"? What are you wearing?

For me, I know I'm being thrown one by my mom, sister, MIl and SIL. The date right now is May 3rd (a little too close for comfort to the due date for me, but my mom and sister are both out of the state for a good part of late April). The theme is nautical (like the nursery). They are doing a "build the library instead of a card" thing. As for what I'm going to wear, I have been looking for a nautically maternity dress, even a nice navy and white stripe dress would work... Just haven't found "it" yet!

My baby shower is being planned for the same day! lol My aunt it planning it, though I've created a private pinterest board between her and i so she knows what i want. My theme is owl. No clue what I'm wearing yet though, been on the lookout for something cute.

Mine is May 3 too! Funny. I felt the same way about it being too close to the due date, but my husbands grandmother is coming in from Venezuela late April, and the weekend before there was some sort of conflict, I don't remember what, so whatevs, May 3 it is. My mother in law is hosting. The theme is like, forest/woodland creature-ish. I have no idea what I'm wearing.

And then my college friends are throwing me one too that will be the weekend before (April 26) but it's more of just a get together, not really a true shower. We're going to paint onsies with fabric paint and drink margaritas. (Virgin for me, of course).

I'm having one April 5 and April 6... wearing a dress, but don't know much about either of them.. they will be nice I'm sure and I'm glad it's just a month away and will give us plenty of time to get stuff done!! :)

Haha. I'm positive there will be one, or two, but I know nothing about it/them. I just have to sit back and wait. Kind of exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->