Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Good luck at your scan Kayla!

I wouldn't say my hearing is that bad but i do get headaches more easily now from things like the kids playing and screeching for ages! And my ears pop all the time too!

I have an appointment with the consultant tomorrow, in hoping we will be able to book c section! I'm sooo tired though. It's gonna be such a struggle to get there! DH is away on business and ds2 has been crying for four hours missing him. All iv had is 'I don't want you!' 'Wheres my daddy' on repeat!! He worked himself up into such a mess. He's finally fallen asleep at almost 2.30! I have to be up in 4.5 hours to have everything ready for school and my appointment!! :/
I'm dreading the next time DH is away, and there's no way I could've coped tonight with a newborn too!

I really hope the contractions stop! Stay put Baby kaylacrouch! It's much nicer in mommy's tummy for now!

Well They haven't per say stopped but im dealing with them.. I go today at 3 45 to have a ultrasound done of my cervix.. Hopefully they are just fine and I don't have to go on bedrest..

Nothing much to update on the baby front - have an appointment tomorrow at 6. Kind of wonder if she'll be upset I still haven't attended the "Diabetes and Nutrition Education" class. :dohh: I still don't think I need it so why miss time from work for it. I already know how to manage my blood sugars apparently. My sugars are all still reading normal at fasting times, and after meals.

Speaking of work... For the first time in 30 some odd years, they've just done a round of layoffs. :nope: Luckily, I was not one of the chosen ones to get laid off, but who knows what will happen in the coming months if business doesn't pick back up. I got my coding certification earlier this month and I've been debating looking for a new job where I can use it more (and possibly work from home) after Emily arrives. I kinda think this was the deciding straw. :shrug:

Speaking of work... For the first time in 30 some odd years, they've just done a round of layoffs. :nope: Luckily, I was not one of the chosen ones to get laid off, but who knows what will happen in the coming months if business doesn't pick back up. I got my coding certification earlier this month and I've been debating looking for a new job where I can use it more (and possibly work from home) after Emily arrives. I kinda think this was the deciding straw. :shrug:

I hope that this leads to better things, because it seems no one is safe these days. Funny how pregnancy forces you to consider your long term future. I'm also contemplating a job change after my baby is born.

The baby has been laying on my sciatic nerve lately, literally a pain in the butt lol!

I had an appt with my OB yesterday. He said she looks perfect (which I already knew :haha: hehe). He said that if he had to deliver her today (hypothetically of course), that she would have a 90% survival rate and only a 10% chance of anything being wrong with her. Makes me feel so good to know that she's got a good chance if anything were to happen!

I've got the worst shortness of breath at the moment, I feel like the baby or my uterus is squashing my right lung. Every time I take a deep breath it really hurts.

Well my sis only has 3 weeks to go, I'm getting sooo excited about being a first time aunt and first time mum within weeks of each other! :happydance:

When is everyone going to pack their hospital bag?

Cervix looks fine.. It measures 3.33 CM long and i even got some cute pictures

Attachments

• picture130.jpg
    picture130.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 8
  • picture133.jpg
    picture133.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 8
Sending you :hugs: Booth, must have been a difficult day. Did they manage to get the section booked?

Minni and Cali, wishing you luck on the job front whatever you decide, I think babies definitely make us reassess all sorts of things :)

Jersey - Yeah I too am feeling grateful to be in what feels like a safer zone now. How exciting about your sister, this process must be so nice to share and your babies will grow up together!

I'm glad everything is okay Kayla, the pictures are very cutie ^^

Good news Kayla. It must have been stressful waiting to find out.

I have pregnant people all around me just now! My SIL is due 3 weeks after me. My best friend is due in Sept and I just found out my sister is due November. Busy times ahead!
I'm still not sure which way this baby is lying. All my kicks are in the middle 1/3 of my bump. The midwife thought maybe breech last week but she wasn't sure. I have a 4d scan in 3 weeks so I suppose we will find out then. He is certainly active! He wakes me at 4am every day kicking!! That's after midnight and 2:30am toilet trips!! I'm exhausted!!! X

Great news Kayla - you must be relieved!

When is everyone going to pack their hospital bag?

Well, I read you should do it at least 2 weeks before DD, but I reckon that's a bit late! However a colleague said to me yesterday to pack by 32 weeks as that's when her baby came. That panicked me slightly as I'm 29 weeks now and I can't get my head around thinking of packing a bag that I will actually take with me when I have my baby - by association, that makes it very soon!

JerseyRose - as a fellow 29-weeker, I'm relieved to hear this piece of info from your doc, so thanks for sharing! Also, thinking of the colleague above whose son was born at 32 weeks, I'm more hopeful as he turned out 'normal' and is a proper grown up at uni now.

Midwife appointment later.

My husband is very adamant that we pack the hospital bag ASAP! He wants to pack 3! One for each car and one for home just in case he isn't at home when I go into labor. I think that's a little much, but he is a nervous first time daddy so I'm giving it to him. I believe we are going to start working on packing them this weekend.

I think I should pack my bag now too, but I'm actually finding it difficult so I keep putting it off. However, I am really going to have to do it soon, as things could go quite fast with me and I just can't do it last minute.
Good to hear that babies are fine and to hear the news about babies at 29 weeks, we are really getting closer to the end! I'ma bit worried that time is going to fly now and there is still so much to do!!!

hows everyones bumps coming along?

Hope all is well!

thought id update my bump at 30+1 here. Now in the single figure countdown! <3

excuse the messy mirror its only full length one in my sons room :)

Attachments

• 2014-03-25 12.23.57.jpg
    2014-03-25 12.23.57.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 8
I am going to pack mine in the next two weeks. My dd made a surprise visit a couple of weeks early last time so I know I can't put it off any longer. I don't know where I would be if I hadn't done it in advance.

Sassy, your hubby must have been a boy scout! Very impressive, but yeah, a little overboard, lol.

Jess, looking great! And definitely no need to apologize for the mess! I'm sure ALL toddler moms can relate. There are days where I don't even try to pick up the mess and just clear a path through all the toys and junk.

Yeah its more of stickers on the mirror! lol. The one place i said he was ok to stick them apart from his crafts book...

Regards hospital bag, I think il consider packing mine in about 3-4 weeks. But then again is that too late or not as i feel like baby is going to break out of me the amount of pressure ive got!! x

I am going to pack mine in the next two weeks. My dd made a surprise visit a couple of weeks early last time so I know I can't put it off any longer. I don't know where I would be if I hadn't done it in advance.

Sassy, your hubby must have been a boy scout! Very impressive, but yeah, a little overboard, lol.

Jess, looking great! And definitely no need to apologize for the mess! I'm sure ALL toddler moms can relate. There are days where I don't even try to pick up the mess and just clear a path through all the toys and junk.

Hi ladies,

I've been very quiet lately. But have been reading your posts.
Having a wee freak out at the moment but hoping I come back this afternoon with better news.
My ds came at 29+1 (and he is perfect, for more reassurance) so they have been keeping a very close eye on me this time (I had hellp syndrome and an IUGR baby as placenta wasn't doing it's job properly).
At my 24 week growth scan they picked up an abnormality in the uterine artery blood flow. Meaning a higher risk (on top of my already higher risk) of a small baby.
At my 28 week scan yesterday, bubbas head is still tracking on 50th percentile but bubbas abdomen has gone from 50th to 10th - ds was an assymetric IUGR baby and it looks like this one is doing the same and diverting all nutrients to head.
We have an appointment at the high risk clinic today, I guess to discuss a game plan. I hope my baby is ok and can stay put a little longer!

Clearly I suck at being pregnant :(

Aw! Don't beat yourself up Rozzer! You know that's not really the case. I hope you get good news!

I hope everything turns out all right Rozzer, but if your boy was born so early and is all right now, there is noreason why your second should not be, especially if the doctors keep a close eye on you and try to keep him there a bit longer.
Good luck anyway, it can't be easy, but we're thinking of you:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->