Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Yep I hit it last weekend, have to get up in the night to pee now!

Iv not felt well the last few days been to the docs and have an infection so got some antibiotics, hope I'm feeling back to myself soon cus I hate feeling crappy!

not been around, we;ve family over. so so so sorry confuzion hun, i can't even imagine. and kerri, only just seen that news as well. i hope they have some answers for you :'(

Sassymom, you're not alone. I am slightly embarrassed to admit, I pee a little whenever I cough or sneeze. A couple weeks ago I had a terrible cold, and now I have lingering bronchitis and am coughing all the time. It's not been fun.

I am still able to make it through the night though. And I really only have to go to the bathroom like four times a day (compared to two a day before pregnancy). I have an amazing bladder. Definitely a plus since I HATE public restrooms. :haha:

I had my baby shower yesterday! I got lots of little cute outfits that once i get a good picture of ima upload them so yall can see the funny ones! Do ya'll think a baby shower at 26 weeks is too early? Someone made the comment it was and i was like i always have 2 baby showers so i can have everyone make it to one as we all in two different states

I had my baby shower yesterday! I got lots of little cute outfits that once i get a good picture of ima upload them so yall can see the funny ones! Do ya'll think a baby shower at 26 weeks is too early? Someone made the comment it was and i was like i always have 2 baby showers so i can have everyone make it to one as we all in two different states

My shower was yesterday too. I would have been 29 weeks. I don't think it's too early. You'll still have plenty of time to get anything you need but weren't gifted. Plus if your lo comes early you're more prepared!

My shower was yesterday too. I would have been 29 weeks. I don't think it's too early. You'll still have plenty of time to get anything you need but weren't gifted. Plus if your lo comes early you're more prepared!

I was like what she mean she would have been then realized your baby is already here! Plus we are moving into our own place so i have a place to put all the baby stuff :thumbup: I am having another baby shower at 31 weeks so it helps also..

How is your little sunflower doing?

Can I have a rant here for a second? Please tell me if I'm over reacting with preggo rage or if I am justified being upset over this:

My husband and I want to go to an event that is happening NEXT MARCH with our son-to-be who will be ~9 months at that time. I was talking to some friends about the plans we are starting to make and one friend (who is not a mom but her boyfriend's girlfriend [long story] just had a baby) said this to me: "I don't know if a pair of 1ish year olds at the event would be a good idea".

1) I never said anything about you taking your bf's kid
2) I wasn't planning on dragging him around for 20+ hours a day. We would be getting a hotel room for naps and downtime, ect.
3) I don't plan on sheltering my child, it will not be his first time in a crowd of people, nor the first time he will be away from home.
4) what gave you the right to decide what is and isn't appropriate for my child? I would never put my wants above the needs of my child. It's a year away, we have plenty of time to gauge his temperament and plan accordingly...

/rant and rage

Heh rage away babe :hugs:

That is really intrusive and presumptious of her, yes, who knows why she felt the need to say that, maybe she misunderstood something you said? To be honest I don't even understand what she said that much, was she saying if you go with your baby then the other lady will go with hers? Or is the other lady already going? What's it to her if there are babies around any way, your baby goes where you go after they are here, simple as.
I don't know what 'event' this is but I don't see any issue with taking a nine month old, especially if both you and OH will be there so you can both have time to enjoy the event and be with baby :)
Me and my partner are thinking of booking a camping trip just two months after my due date, camping is our thing, loads of other parents will be there that we know and besides we can always cancel if I'm not feeling up to it!
I assume you can cancel if at the time it's not right any more?

Take a nice warm bubble bath :haha:

Heh rage away babe :hugs:

That is really intrusive and presumptious of her, yes, who knows why she felt the need to say that, maybe she misunderstood something you said? To be honest I don't even understand what she said that much, was she saying if you go with your baby then the other lady will go with hers? Or is the other lady already going? What's it to her if there are babies around any way, your baby goes where you go after they are here, simple as.
I don't know what 'event' this is but I don't see any issue with taking a nine month old, especially if both you and OH will be there so you can both have time to enjoy the event and be with baby :)
Me and my partner are thinking of booking a camping trip just two months after my due date, camping is our thing, loads of other parents will be there that we know and besides we can always cancel if I'm not feeling up to it!
I assume you can cancel if at the time it's not right any more?

Take a nice warm bubble bath :haha:

Thanks for the reassurance!

Ok, showing my nerd here, but it's an Anime convention. A lot of my friends go every year and I haven't been in quite a few. We were talking about "cosplaying" and I mentioned I would have a little one to dress up. She then said what she said referring to how we shouldn't bring our child there and should wait another year like her because almost 1 is too young to be in a crowd.

We are planning on taking Zach "camping" when he is going to be about 4 weeks. He needs all the sun and fresh air! Plus it's camping in a seasonal trailer so not really roughing it lol.

Hehe I've been to a few of those, cosplayed and all! Nerd and proud over here ;)
Oh my god there is actually nothing wrong with taking a baby to one of those, seriously. They can be as laid back as you make them and yeah of course there are crowded areas but there are non crowded areas and you don't have to go into the crowd much :p Just get a carrier, strap baby on and he will love it! I would be totally fine taking my girl to one of those after four months or so even.

Hehe we want the tent experience so we'll leave it till two months! Can't wait to be out in the sunshine with my little family :')

I know, right? I have seen plenty of babies at cons before! Who wouldn't think a 9month old chocobo would be the cutest thing ever? Hahaha

Rage away, sassy!!!!

Doesnt matter what others think. It's your child. I'm taking my daughter to be, who will be approximately 3 weeks old, to Ocean City at the end of July. And then in October, she'll be approximately 3.5 months, we're going to Nashville. My sister thinks I'm crazy but I just dont care.

I wouldn't worry at all! We took our boys to Disneyland (Paris) for a week when the youngest was 6 months old! Yes it was harder work than with an older kid but we had a great time, he even went on lots of rides with us! We just took him back every afternoon for a few hours so he could nap in peace / roll around and play with toys and generally take a break and he was fine! Were even thinking of going this November when this baby will be 4/5 months.
Babies are really adaptable and I'm sure you'll find a way to figure out how you can all have a good time! You're life doesn't have to stop because you have a baby! x

well I have to go have a cervical length scan tomorrow. due to preterm contractions..

I really hope the contractions stop! Stay put Baby kaylacrouch! It's much nicer in mommy's tummy for now!

This is gunna sound like a really strange question and I feel crazy but is anyone else becoming sensitive to noise? I was fine during my first pregnancy but this time I just cannot stand too much sound going on around me.
Even the quiet radio in the car today made me feel like my head was going to explode so had to ask my husband to turn it off. I can't quite explain it! x

Sorry Frizzabelle - I can't help with the noise thing. But what I would say is that pregnancy tends to increase general sensitivities, so even if it maybe isn't a typical 'symptom', that's not to say that it's not the pregnancy affecting you.

Thank you for the reply :)
Maybe it's a hormone thing. Certain noises make my stress levels rise and I feel like I need to leave the room to chill out in quietness! Lol. Or maybe I've finally gone mental! :haha: x

Team yellow here by the way, and due date is actually 28th :)

Oh Kayla, wishing you luck.. let us know how the scan goes <3

Frizza - I can't say I'm the same most of the time but in the first tri I had a weird thing with sunlight really hurting my eyes and sometimes sounds do get to me more than they should, sort of like when I'm on my period and tapping sounds make me rage, I think we're just overall more sensitive like Sizzles said :)

As for me, got a nasty cold/cough, didn't sleep last night at all because of indigestion and nothing helping.. so had a light dinner and went to bed early tonight, but ended up waking up an hour later and being sick all over the bathroom :thumbup: Up until tonight though, all through pregnancy I've managed to only be sick in the toilet, so I probably had it coming :haha:
Makes me love my OH so much, he is so caring and came and helped me and then cuddled me while I was upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->