Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Hey ladies!!

Glad to hear we are all well! Proudmomma and Jersey glad you are both being well looked after and so exciting your babies will be here soon!!

AFM i feel like I'm walking around with a football inbetween my legs! The past couple of days I've had sooo much pressure down below near to the point I'm nearly weeing myself :haha: my spd has gone a lot worse but I don't look like I've dropped atall!! I don't even know the feeling of babies head engaging as DD1 didn't engage until labour, but that's what it feels like!!

My bump doesn't look like it doped either and yet the technician at my scan told me babys head is way down :shrug:

It's strange isn't it some people had a massive change in their bump when their baby engages! I just really feel like she has got her head right down there, i think she could be engaged!

I will find out at the midwife on Tuesday! Even though it doesn't mean labour coming sooner it's still exciting :) apart from when we have the constant urge to pee :haha:

Caster oil - works by giving you the runs. Stomach cramps then in theory set off your labor contractions.
I'm sure plenty of people have used it and been fine but it can make your baby poo inside you. And we all know what problems that can cause so I would never risk it! Just for the sake of having them a few days earlier. I also wouldn't want to deal with pooing all over the place while I was in labor!
Each to their own but I personally think it's a selfish thing to do when it could be a risk to your babies health :shrug:

I agree with you!!! I also will not be trying it... there are so many other things to try that don't pose risk to baby! You have to decide what you will be ok once you weigh the risks/benefits... but I personally don't feel this is a risk I'm willing to take.. I'm already trying to prevent nicu time by getting her to term, that's just the main thing I want to avoid and I'm trying hard to make sure she will come home with me when I am discharged!!!

Hi girls. I have been MIA but I'm doing well. I'm getting so excited for each one of you to announce your babies arrivals. Good luck.

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;45;28/st/20140527/e/Induction%21/dt/5/k/3859/event.png

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Gosh its getting so close for a lot of you.. Yet i still feel like i got a long time :(

Gosh its getting so close for a lot of you.. Yet i still feel like i got a long time :(

Same here... but I keep trying to remind myself that it's 3 weeks til I'm full term! And after all of the weeks I've been counting down this pregnancy, 3 weeks + is nothin'!

Starting to get excited :)

Hiya ladies!!! I want to get into a topic that might stir some controversy.

Anyone thinking about trying to induce labor with castor oil? Anyone have any experience or stories? Obviously I wouldn't do it YET, but they're saying my baby's a big boy already, and I'm getting scared of going past due date.

My ex's sister that's two weeks ahead of me and I still talk to eachother quite frequently and she is planning on trying it this weekend, her and I have been doing a lot of reading.

My mom had a teaspoon of castor oil in orange juice when pregnant with my sister and her labor started about 4 hours later. She didn't have any issues with diarrhea which is surprising because she has IBS but maybe she didn't take enough for that to be an issue.

Well I found out today that baby is very big, ob thinks bigger than my first son was when he was born at 40 weeks and she is concerned because I've been very sick (with something new every other day! :x ) and she talked with me about wanting to induce at 39 weeks... I had a brutal induction with my first son, and I was already -kind of- in labor when they induced me with my first son, and we almost wound up with a csection.

Soooooo, I may consider trying the castor oil myself in a couple weeks!

asmcsm - I've been reading a LOT of stories, it seems like a lot of the bad stories are from people that drink the whole bottle, and I've noticed a trend with some people typing "Castrol" oil and all of those stories were fails too.... I hope pregnant women aren't drinking motor oil thinking it will start labor, as I'm certain that'd make you really sick!!

Lol I certainly hope that's not the case! Hopefully people just can't spell lol. I don't think there's anything wrong with the castor oil if it's a small amount. My moms midwife was actually the one that had suggested it to her and suggested the drinking it in orange juice to make it easier.

I had my first cervix check yesterday at almost 38 weeks and I was dilated 1.5 cm with a soft cervix but 0% effaced. The doctor did not seem to think this little fella is going to make an appearance anytime soon, which is actually good for me since we still have a lot to do. If he can hold off at least another week that would be great!

I did not have to deal with this last time with dd because I was induced at exactly 38 weeks. I was having extremely painful contractions but wasn't dilated at all, so the doctors went ahead and induced. I had a polyp at the time and I think that made my uterus irritable. The polyp has since been removed so I don't think that I'll have that problem this time around.

I tried castor oil last time but it didn't work. I don't think I took enough of it. I was too cautious with it. :haha: I was 40 weeks when I tried it so I thought for sure it would work. If I get to my due date again this time and nothing has happened, I might try it again.

Yikes!!! Waters have broken! Happened about 2h ago and still coming out. Only a few contractions so far and very mild. Have been given 12h to go into proper labour before going to the hospital.
I'm so not ready yet!! I still have 10 days to work and loads to sort out at home. Excited to meet our little boy though. X

So exciting lala! Please keep us posted! Hope everything goes smoothly! Work can wait :)

Oh how exciting lala! Can't wait for an update. Good luck!

Well I had some bleeding this morning so I went to see my midwife. She put me on the ctg and all was good. I've been having some contractions which I think are just Braxton hicks.

I seen my ob at 1pm and he checked my cervix and said I've started to dilate and my cervix is very very soft for 37wks so he said I could definitely go into labour at time now. He doesn't see a reason to induce me anymore as he seems to think I'll go on my own very shortly anyway. I sure hope he's right, I'm so ready for her now!

Lala it's exciting isn't it even though a bit scary.
I have had contractions all night every 5 minutes so I will go and get checked when the kids are at school.

Eeep good luck Lala, I hope it all goes well and you have your wriggly baby in your arms soon <3

I hope this is it for you Rel! :)

Got our final growth scan today, will update afterwards. X

Eek good luck LaLa!!

Rel - hope this is it for you!

:happydance: so excited to see these babies start arriving! 18 more sleeps for mine x

Ooh! Exciting stuff! Best of luck Lala and Rel! Lala - I keep telling my little bundle to hang on 2 more weeks (I think you're the same dd as me?? or thereabouts) as I'm not ready yet either! I guess these babies just come when they're good and ready!

Looking forward to updates. We're off out to hopefully find a chest of drawers for bub's room so I have somewhere to put all these clothes! (although the room hasn't finished being decorated yet, so there's nowhere to put it, but hopefully if we can at least decide on one, that's something half ticked off, and will probably need to be delivered any way.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->