Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Good luck proudmomma and Jennifer. Hope that little boy starts moving soon Exmxb.

SIGH I hate having to retype posts. (And I totally poke baby all day lol, it wasn't working though) OKAY so I'm pretty upset and felt like I didn't really receive much reassurance from going to the hospital. I called them around 7 and didn't receive a call back until 7:40 which is pretty unusual for my hospital, which gave me an idea that they're busy with lots of women/babies. Dr asked me to come in to see what was going on, we arrived around 8:30, because my dad was kinda taking his sweet time getting up and ready.

Got to the hospital, they wouldn't let me walk which was kind of annoying but mostly embarrassing. So they wheeled me up to the birthing suite and put me in a room, I didn't see the dr in the nurse's station, so I figured she was busy. The nurse came in and hooked me up with the contraction monitor and the heart rate monitor. As soon as the heart rate monitor was on he was kicking like crazy of course.... However, his heart rate was ALL OVER THE PLACE, occasionally dipping down in 150s, and spiking up over 200 many times. I was monitored for a good hour and a half, and his heart rate never stayed anywhere stable, just kept bouncing all over the place. And all this time, I still had not seen the ob. Finally, the nurse came in, said that I was all set to go, took the monitors off and left.

Throughout the almost two hours I was there, I did not see the ob, not even once. They didn't check anything besides heart rate, and to me, the heart rate seemed unstable. I am annoyed with the care I received, and do not feel more reassured. Yes, he is moving around now, but his heart rate does not seem good to me.

I have been to the hospital because I thought that I may be in early labour last week and I was monitored for contractions and the baby's heart rate. It was the same as for your little one. It kept going up and down, but I actually think that at this time it must be normal. I think I noticed that her heart rate went up when she was active. It was more impressive this time than other times for me, but I had noticed it before. That is usually how I can tell that I am having a contraction, the baby's heart rate goes up as well...
Try not to worry too much, I'm sure that if there was something wrong they would have told you or at least done the necessary, but it would be nice to be properly reassured...

So I seen my ob this arv and he said my cervix has shortened and softened and I'm now 1-2cm. He did a sweep and he said she should come on her own but he's booked me in for induction next Tuesday! I sooo hope I go on my own but I'm so happy that she will be here by early next week at the latest!

Exm sorry you didn't have the best experience at the hospital :nope: I hope everything's ok!

Jersey rose eeeek how exciting! I hope he comes on his own too!! :)

Oooh proudmomma good luck!! In currently sat in the waiting room as they are rammed the midwife said :nope: so annoying they tell you to come for a certain time but then leave you waiting!
So exciting I hope you are seen to quickly!!! :)

Good luck on the inductions ladies!

With regards to baby's heart rate I was told that they like to see variation . It's when the heart rate stays the same for a long period that they worry?
My bubs hasn't moved as much yesterday and today but he's just started hiccuping so I'm guessing he's fine lol x

SIGH I hate having to retype posts. (And I totally poke baby all day lol, it wasn't working though) OKAY so I'm pretty upset and felt like I didn't really receive much reassurance from going to the hospital. I called them around 7 and didn't receive a call back until 7:40 which is pretty unusual for my hospital, which gave me an idea that they're busy with lots of women/babies. Dr asked me to come in to see what was going on, we arrived around 8:30, because my dad was kinda taking his sweet time getting up and ready.

Got to the hospital, they wouldn't let me walk which was kind of annoying but mostly embarrassing. So they wheeled me up to the birthing suite and put me in a room, I didn't see the dr in the nurse's station, so I figured she was busy. The nurse came in and hooked me up with the contraction monitor and the heart rate monitor. As soon as the heart rate monitor was on he was kicking like crazy of course.... However, his heart rate was ALL OVER THE PLACE, occasionally dipping down in 150s, and spiking up over 200 many times. I was monitored for a good hour and a half, and his heart rate never stayed anywhere stable, just kept bouncing all over the place. And all this time, I still had not seen the ob. Finally, the nurse came in, said that I was all set to go, took the monitors off and left.

Throughout the almost two hours I was there, I did not see the ob, not even once. They didn't check anything besides heart rate, and to me, the heart rate seemed unstable. I am annoyed with the care I received, and do not feel more reassured. Yes, he is moving around now, but his heart rate does not seem good to me.

How frustrating. Even IF things are normal, they should be there to explain why and answer your questions to reassure you. This is exactly why I DO NOT want to give birth in a hospital... they're just so inconsiderate and lack communication, and don't get me started on bedside manner!!

I'm sorry they didn't reassure you and make you feel safe and satisfied after leaving.

Well heres to 39 weeks pregnant!!

7 days to go.. But im betting he will be late!

Attachments

• 2014-05-26 09.54.43-2.jpg
    2014-05-26 09.54.43-2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 11
Hope it happens soon Jess!! :)

So I've just been induced with a pessary, I've got my fingers crossed not too long now!!!

I was told to come here at 7:30 . Got to my room right away but still didn't see a doctor .
ExMxb - as for the HB going up and down . That's what they are looking for . It's called non stress test and they need to see that babys heart beat is reacting to his movements and changing it's beat to faster and slower . I had this twice a week for the passed 2 weeks because of my preeclampsia . So actually if the HB would not do that , they would not send you home . So all it's good ;)

Jennifer, Proudmomma--good luck with your inductions!!

JerseyRose--I'm set to be induced next Tuesday too! The doctor does not think I will make it to then and neither do I. I was 2 cm at my last cervix check and had thinned some, but I have been having BHs and increased discharge so I think the end is near for me!! :happydance: If not, it's going to be a very long week because these BHs are making things very uncomfortable.

That's good to know proud momma, thx for sharing. And good luck today, hope all goes smoothly! Xx

Good luck to you too Jennifer- you'll be holding your little baby in no time! Xx

I too remember your story Gertrude. I'm happy to hear things are looking more positive and I wish you all the best with this pregnancy!

Hi Lindsay!

Ooh Cali! I hope this is it for you and you're not kept uncomfortable for longer than necessary!

I was told to come here at 7:30 . Got to my room right away but still didn't see a doctor .
ExMxb - as for the HB going up and down . That's what they are looking for . It's called non stress test and they need to see that babys heart beat is reacting to his movements and changing it's beat to faster and slower . I had this twice a week for the passed 2 weeks because of my preeclampsia . So actually if the HB would not do that , they would not send you home . So all it's good ;)

That's not what they told me though, they told me they wanted to get a steady reading for a period of time. It was not a comforting experience.

Exmxb - maybe they meant a steady reading as in what they'd consider to be a good healthy reading x

Frizz - and anybody else - please remember that hiccups are an involuntary action so you cant class it as a movement xx

Proudmomma - good luck!

AFM - I can officially say I'm having my baby NEXT WEEK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->