Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Wow it's all happening here!

Congrats proudmama, he's adorable. :)

Good luck to those being induced, waiting for things to happen etc.

AFM - Had my last scan (hopefully!) today - little monkey is estimated to weight about 6lb 8oz already, which is what I weighed when I was born (on time!)! He wouldn't let the technician measure his leg - kept kicking at her.

He wouldn't let the technician measure his leg - kept kicking at her.

LEAVE. ME. ALONE!!! :haha:

I had a midwife appointment today. Measuring bang on and the baby's head is at the 'brim' (of my cervix?? Is that right??). Does that count as having dropped, or does it have to have partially/fully engaged before it's classed as 'dropped'?

Brim means the babies head is sat at the top of your pubic bone and isn't engaged yet x

@sizzles:
Brim means the babies head is sat at the top of your pubic bone and isn't engaged yet x

but don't let that make you sad or anything - on monday the MW told me mine was at the brim, and when they examined me on tuesday (when i was meant to be induced) he was 3/5ths. progress can happen literally overnight!

My son was still brim when I went into hospital in labour at 3cm dilated. It really doesn't mean anything xx

Had my last mw appointment today! Baby is 3/5 engaged and she seemed to think it might try and make a move before my section!

Have there been any updates from the first two early mamas we had?

Goodness this thread is moving fast! Feels like the babies are starting to really get going- congratulations to the new mummies!!

I saw my midwife yesterday for 38 week appointment and she found ++ protein in my urine and sent me off for further blood and urine tests straight away and had to see the midwife again today. Basically I am borderline for pre-eclampsia and the midwife said I had to give up work today and rest so have now gone on maternity leave 2 days early.

Am seeing the midwife again tomorrow who will repeat the same blood and urine tests I had the other day. Hopefully things will stay low enough that I don't have to be sent to hospital. Other than that- no movement, not feeling bh or any twinges and am 1/5 engaged.

And congratulations to all the new mamas... I'm getting pretty irritable waiting, ex-SIL just had her baby this morning.

Evening ladies, glad to hear everyone is doing well, trinity I hope your results so stay low enough!!

Thank you everyone for the kind words! Still not much movement here but I'm feeling in a better mood. Babies head is still very high so the plan is to take me up to theatre tomorrow to do a controlled water break just incase the cord comes down, fingers crossed babies head comes down first so I can have a natural labour! Will update you all when I can! Xxx

Best of luck Jenniferanne. I hope it's all straightforward and you get the birth you want and your lo arrives nice and safely. x

Good luck Jennifer. Get walking or bouncing on a gym ball as much as you can to let gravity bring the head down. It helped me in the couple of days before Lewis was born.

I am so so tired today. Lewis had me up most of last night wanting to feed. He lost about 10% weight so I am just bf'ing him whenever he wants it. Exhausting!!

Congrats to all the new mommas!! Can't wait to join you all!

I went for my apt today and mentioned that the rash I started getting last week has gotten worse and more itchy. From the looks of it it is most likely PUPPP since it started on my belly where my stretch marks are and has proceeded to spread to my thighs, bum, legs and arms. It's terrible, nothing stops the itch, not even hydro-cortisone cream which my MW said I could use sparingly. She also okayed benedryl before bed to help but it doesn't really, they seem worse at night :? I actually have bruises on my thighs from where I scratched it so hard while sleeping, I try not to scratch during the day but it's soooooo hard. However, they made me do a blood test at the apt so that they can rule out cholestasis first. Hopefully it's just PUPPP since cholestasis increases the risk of still birth as it stresses the baby's liver. If I happen to have it, they will induce ASAP.

Hopefully it's just PUPPS asm. That sounds terrible :sad1:.

Well I'm sitting at the hospital having contractions every 3-5 mins. 2 cm dilated 60%effaced babies head is low.. Waiting for them to come check me again at 1am

Keep us posted Kayla. Hopefully it won't be long til that little guy is here :)

Good luck Kayla, I hope your lo doesn't keep you waiting too long.

Asmcsm - I really feel for you. My sister had exactly the same issue as you in the last few weeks. Her liver function came back borderline. They still refused to induce her until 39+3. Those last few weeks were horrendous for her. She found cold baths were the only way to get immmediate but temporary relief from the itching. :hugs:

Thank you girls! Lala all I've been doing is walking up and down stairs and bouncing on my ball :haha: this baby is desperate to stay put!

Asm, I hope that's all it is! I bet that's so irritating! :nope:

Good luck Kayla!! :D

Thanks BlaireUK. I'm really hoping my labs come back okay. The only things that have helped my itching had been lukewarm oatmeal baths, swimming in my in-laws pool or placing cold packs on the areas that are itching. But like you said, it's only ever temporary relief and it makes it really hard to sit at work all day without being able to do any of those :? Just hoping that I go into labor soon since giving birth seems to be the only solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->