Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Congrats Boothh! He's gorgeous, a real little man.

Nothing doing over here either! Getting impatient already ;)

Congratulations booth!

Nothing here either. Quite painful to walk as lots of pressure on my pelvis but no belly pains or backache for the last day or so x

Ohh booth he's so yummy! Congratulations :D Bless you for having a rough time, I hope you can go home today, fingers crossed :hugs:

I hope people keep popping and having these cutie babies and aren't waiting much longer!

Still trying to be patient, I feel like I must be close with all these feelings and twinges.. but I suppose it could still be a while. I can't imagine going another week without seeing her.

I realised this morning that one way or another, THIS week, we get our baby! (or almost certainly any way). Due date tomorrow, along with stretch and sweep, then induction on Friday if nothing happens in the meantime; I would REALLY hope that by the end of Sunday the baby will be with us. Woo hoo!

I've been oiling kitchen work surfaces and waxing the cupboard fronts today; neither of these things are on my 'list', but still I found myself doing them. :wacko: Now it's back to bouncing on my ball watching Loose Women!

Feeling really upset. Because baby arrived early and I was in hospital for a while first (4 work days left to go and then 3 week annual leave) I have been told I need to return to work mid nov instead of early jan. Also because my cover was booked to start at my due date I am being fined a large amount of money from work for having no-one do my job. And to top it all I lose my annual leave. Life stinks!!

Feeling really upset. Because baby arrived early and I was in hospital for a while first (4 work days left to go and then 3 week annual leave) I have been told I need to return to work mid nov instead of early jan. Also because my cover was booked to start at my due date I am being fined a large amount of money from work for having no-one do my job. And to top it all I lose my annual leave. Life stinks!!

What??! You're being fined because they don't have a replacement for you at the moment?! I guess it could depend on the line of work you're in... but that honestly doesn't even sound legal to me.

It's easy not to take our Canadian maternity benefits for granted when I hear of the terrible situations of citizens of other countries. Smh... I'm sorry to hear that.

Oh Lala! Poor you! You could really do without the stress of work right now. I don't know what line of work you're in, but you should really explore this further as it doesn't sound right to me either. Contact your union if you have one, or Citizen's Advice, or you could always speak to your health visitor as a first port of call as they may be able to point you in the right direction.
I hope you get things sorted soon, so you can enjoy your maternity leave. x

Lala - speak to CAB or union I'm pretty certain they can't fine you and that they have to give you at least some of your annual leave. They do only have to keep your exact job open for 6months but even if you take a full year they have to offer you an equivalent position if yours isn't available AT THE SAME WAGE

If you are off sick in the 4 weeks before your due date they can force mat leave to start. & likewise if baby arrives then mat leave starts automatically. Not sure where you fit in that timescale.

I know it can be hard to fight but don't let this go

(A few exceptions exist apparently - armed forces & police but I'd still be surprised if they could fine you.)

Finally starting to see some progress! Lost some of my plug last night and this morning. I hope baby girl is here soon.

Thanks for your support guys. I'm self employed in a partnership so we aren't covered by employment law. Baby arrived before maty leave was due to start so it's been forced on me even though my first was allowed to be born in annual leave. Our contract says no cover no leave so not much I can do. The fines total over £6000 which leaves me with virtually no income for the first few months. Boo!

Congrats guys! I'm so ready now but still expecting him to be over a week late like the other two x

Question for all! Does anyone get this weird pressure-pain type feeling when they sit on the toilet? It's in my bum, and it feels really weird and unpleasant. I feel like it's been around a couple days now, so I'm not thinking much of it, but it's getting worse and worse.

ETA: I also get it when I sit on my yoga ball... I'm sure if I asked doc they'd say "baby is big and pressing on your bum." and that's about it. I haven't even scheduled another appointment :O I'll schedule one for monday if he hasn't made his arrival by due date... Can't believe that's only three days from now.

Oh but on a positive note! My doc did an ultrasound on my last appointment on Friday and he is head down still, the ECV was successful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->