Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

12 more hours til my scan! :happydance:

Unfortunately my OH can't be there because my OB's office won't allow anyone under 12 past the front door and we have no one to babysit. So basically my OH has to miss every single appointment and ultrasound.

Is it just me or is this a ridiculous rule?

I had my bloods at 5 weeks so don't worry I'd just go get it done, the first ones are things like HIV, iron count and sickle cell I think so it doesn't really matter how pregnant you are! Just get them out of the way x

Congrats on the good scan and hope everybody else's goes well! Mine is on Monday!

I've just got home from my scan and I'm happy to say it all went well!! I was a nervous wreck this morning. I feel so much better now :happydance: I'm measuring exactly as my lmp so 8 weeks 1 day today with an edd of 4 June 2014 :cloud9: I have a cyst on my left ovary that may need to be kept an eye on, I'm assuming I'll find out more when I have my follow up appointment with my gp.

Proud momma - re stretch mark creams, I used palmers last time and will be using it this time. I tried bio oil but found it really oily. I still have some and do use it occasionally but I just didn't like being oily. :)

Kerri - sorry to hear you're on bed rest already :(

Confuzion - I really want some pancakes now :haha: cake is my craving at the moment so pancakes sound amazing!! I hope you enjoyed them :)

Rozzer - glad to hear your scan went well! Yay for hearing the heartbeat <3

Ibelieve - hope your antibiotics kick in and you feel better soon! :)

I'm off to cook dinner. We're having enchiladas and ds is at my mum's place for the night. I'm very excited to go to sleep whenever I want and not be woken! Yay.

Unfortunately my OH can't be there because my OB's office won't allow anyone under 12 past the front door and we have no one to babysit. So basically my OH has to miss every single appointment and ultrasound.

That does seem silly, I can understand it though but surely it's upto you if you want your child with you

Yaaay haylee! That's great xx
We're having enchiladas tonight too but it's only 8.15am here! Lol

That does seem silly, I can understand it though but surely it's upto you if you want your child with you

Yeah I do understand the reasoning to an extent, but my LO is barely a year old so she's still small enough to sit in OH's lap and not get into everything.

Morning everyone, I hope everyone is well. I will have a proper catch up later but I just wanted to check in and ask for some positive thoughts as I'm having my reassurance re-scan in 1.5hrs and I'm hoping that we actually get to see baby this time.

Morning everyone, I hope everyone is well. I will have a proper catch up later but I just wanted to check in and ask for some positive thoughts as I'm having my reassurance re-scan in 1.5hrs and I'm hoping that we actually get to see baby this time.

Good luck! Definitely thinking positive thoughts and looking forward to positive news xx

Hi all, just dropping in to say thanks for all the lovely messages after my disappointing scan. I'm feeling a little more optimistic than I was and I have been doing lots of reading online. I am also feeling a bit p***ed off at the doc that did the ultrasound.

I realised that evening that I hadn't emptied my bladder for the vaginal scan and I had gone with a moderately full bladder expecting to have an abdo scan attempted first. I have read online after a lot of searching that a full bladder can distort tranvaginal ultrasound pics and make things harder to see. He also didn't really search or press very hard to look for a yolk sac within the gestational sac - I will add he didn't seem at all bothered it was only a G sac.

He measured the sac as 14mm on the longest axis and everything I read said at 14mm it is the definitive cut off for seeing a yolk sac but the sac was oval and also things I read said the sac size should be calc'd by the average of 3 diameters on 3 axis which would make it a bit smaller.

Also I was 5w5d by LMP but my period was noticed at bedtime 11:30pm, if I'd gone to bed earlier I would probably be classing myself as 5w4d at the scan - again a cut off day for yolk sac appearance according to the literature so I guess if I was out a few days then that is possible.

I still don't think there is anyway I can be the 4weeks he suggested but I am optimistic again for my next scan - I am not paying for another private scan with him though! He recommended a rescan in 2-3weeks (most literature says to do in 7-10days) I have a NHS equiv scan booked for 3 weeks after that one anyway (nov 12th).

I'll probably keep my distance still until then as despite my renewed optimism I am trying not to focus on the pregnancy too much - just in case.

Thanks again, hope everybody continues to do well :hugs:

Good to hear you sounding more positive Joeyjo - positivity can do wonders! I wish you lots of luck for your next scan and hope that the time until then flies by for you!

Hi all, just dropping in to say thanks for all the lovely messages after my disappointing scan. I'm feeling a little more optimistic than I was and I have been doing lots of reading online. I am also feeling a bit p***ed off at the doc that did the ultrasound.

I realised that evening that I hadn't emptied my bladder for the vaginal scan and I had gone with a moderately full bladder expecting to have an abdo scan attempted first. I have read online after a lot of searching that a full bladder can distort tranvaginal ultrasound pics and make things harder to see. He also didn't really search or press very hard to look for a yolk sac within the gestational sac - I will add he didn't seem at all bothered it was only a G sac.

He measured the sac as 14mm on the longest axis and everything I read said at 14mm it is the definitive cut off for seeing a yolk sac but the sac was oval and also things I read said the sac size should be calc'd by the average of 3 diameters on 3 axis which would make it a bit smaller.

Also I was 5w5d by LMP but my period was noticed at bedtime 11:30pm, if I'd gone to bed earlier I would probably be classing myself as 5w4d at the scan - again a cut off day for yolk sac appearance according to the literature so I guess if I was out a few days then that is possible.

I still don't think there is anyway I can be the 4weeks he suggested but I am optimistic again for my next scan - I am not paying for another private scan with him though! He recommended a rescan in 2-3weeks (most literature says to do in 7-10days) I have a NHS equiv scan booked for 3 weeks after that one anyway (nov 12th).

I'll probably keep my distance still until then as despite my renewed optimism I am trying not to focus on the pregnancy too much - just in case.

The bladder thing really can make a big difference! They actually have a toilet cubicle in the scan room at my hospital so you can go if they have to do a vaginal scan, xx

The bladder thing really can make a big difference! They actually have a toilet cubicle in the scan room at my hospital so you can go if they have to do a vaginal scan, xx

Really? I have my scan today (transvaginal) and I was told to drink 32 oz of water beforehand because if my bladder is empty they won't be able to see anything. Now I'm wondering if I should drink that much or not. Anyone else know?

Saraemily - if it's an abdominal scan you do need to have a full bladder :thumbup: but if it's a vaginal examination you don't. So you keep drinking :D

Ibelieve - hope you are better soon!

Rozzer - great news on your scan!! :D

Haylee - also great news on your scan too!!

Joeyjo - glad to hear your feeling more positive! That's the best way to be :)

I'm still feeling sick :sick: got work until 8.30pm tonight aswell :( also has anyone been really jumpy? The slightest noise makes me jump? I've never been like this! I sit there afterwards like something traumatic has just happened :haha:

In the past I have been told to drink and have a full bladder and they have tried trans abdo first then I have pee'd before vaginal scan. It's better to go with a full bladder as you can easily pee if required but filling it takes time!

I'm jealous of all these early scans! I want to know what's going on inside me lol

Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone else has trouble keeping up with the board as much as me. It just moves so fast! Someone on facebook has created a private group (no one can see it except members) for women expecting summer babies. To join search for

Flying Squirrel Fancier

and ask to join the group. For me this seems much more manageable! :thumbup: Hope to see you guys there!

Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone else has trouble keeping up with the board as much as me. It just moves so fast! Someone on facebook has created a private group (no one can see it except members) for women expecting summer babies. To join search for

Flying Squirrel Fancier

and ask to join the group. For me this seems much more manageable! :thumbup: Hope to see you guys there!

Oh yeh someone did mention that! I forgot to look, I'll do it now, thank you! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->