Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Can't wait till tomorrow I'll be on my way to the hospital to have my 8week scan!!! My partner is coming with me he's yet to witness a scan it's his first baby my second but we've had three miscarriages between! I'm so excited!!! We don't have to book a time either they've just handed me a ultrasound form and told me to get it done before my next consultant appointment. Slightly tempted to go today!!

I know what you mean Picks, I keep moving my scan closer, it was first Friday at 12pm then Friday at 7.30am now its Thursday at 7.15am :haha: I am so desperate to see heartbeats!

Good luck with the scan picks!!

I'm guessing you are in the UK? I am too and I saw my doctor at 5 weeks, I got my booking app and my green notes through the post a week later and my booking app was at exactly 8 weeks. She's took my green notes off me now and I will get them back at my scan. Maybe give your doctors a call and see where they are at with it all?

Jennifer yeah I'm also in the uk in hertfordshire, I might just have to do that I feel like I'm being left behind. Thought I might of had something in the post by now or a phone call... Don't want to leave it to late so that there's no appointments!

ibelieve I just can't help it!! My first scan was amazing I thought I was 5weeks 4daye but I was 6weeks dead on and the lady was lovely spent ages showing me everything was so clear could see my little pickle and it's heartbeat she even gave me a photo! Was amazed!!! I was more expecting her to tell me I'm not pregnant and it's all in my head! .... Congrats on twins!! Twice the fun!! Double the trouble ;)

ibelieve I just can't help it!! My first scan was amazing I thought I was 5weeks 4daye but I was 6weeks dead on and the lady was lovely spent ages showing me everything was so clear could see my little pickle and it's heartbeat she even gave me a photo! Was amazed!!! I was more expecting her to tell me I'm not pregnant and it's all in my head! .... Congrats on twins!! Twice the fun!! Double the trouble ;)

My first scan was at 5.5 but the sacs were measuring 5 weeks, only two yolk sacs and one visible fetal pole but nothing else, so we hoping and praying we get to hear or at least see some heartbeats...

Double the trouble is an understatement :haha:

Confuzion I think you might like the book I'm reading- I've only just started it mind but it sounds right up your alley. It's called Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom Is Wrong-and What You Really Need to Know

Basically she was fed up of hearing all the pregnancy advice and nobody really being able to tell her why she couldn't do something and how big the risk really is so she searched out the studies behind them to find out what they really mean. Ie when it comes to drinking she found all the studies were based around alcoholic mothers many of whom also took drugs so you really can't be sure about what has caused what damage. However she also says that there are no studies into 'normal' drinking so there is no safe limit and that people are just making assumptions. It's very interesting.

Rainbowsun, I feel sick to my stomach but hardly ever feel like I'm actually going to throw up. A couple of times after smelling something really foul I've felt like throwing up but otherwise my food stays down. Hang in there. I can't imagine what that's like.

confuzion, the author of that book really doesn't sound like she knows what she's talking about! I don't think I'd like that book either.

Picksbaby, good luck on your scan. I bet your partner is excited!! I bet time is moving soooo slowly for you right now.

Ibelieveitwil, I hope you get to hear the heartbeats next scan.

Trinity_enigm, Now that book sounds interesting. I think a lot of the things they tell us not to do are just overkill. The author retains her credibility in my mind by not endorsing drinking during pregnancy, because I do believe there is strong evidence that it's harmful, even in normal amounts. I saw a presentation on fetal alcohol syndrome, and the presenter put forth a theory that a lot of the most severe damage is caused during a window of time just a few days after a woman has missed her period. She went on to say that this is especially a problem for women who aren't TTC and might not now they are pregnant until much later. Made me not want to take another drink ever!

I haven't actually vomited yet. I just gag and cough. I find that frozen lemonade slushies are really good to keep the nausea away.

Still here, still waiting for my repeat scan in 2 weeks when I find out if it's a viable pregnancy or a blighted ovum but I feel sooooo nauseous today, really, really sick - worst day yet. If this turns out to be a BO with much much worse nausea than in either of my other pregnancies it does seem even more unfair! Nausea is even harder to deal with every time I think there might not even be a baby!

Also a bit sad (selfishly & only for me) because one of my mummy friends here just announced her pregnancy after a happy 10week scan - I'd love to share but daren't till I know what is happening.

Rainbowsun, I feel sick to my stomach but hardly ever feel like I'm actually going to throw up. A couple of times after smelling something really foul I've felt like throwing up but otherwise my food stays down. Hang in there. I can't imagine what that's like.

confuzion, the author of that book really doesn't sound like she knows what she's talking about! I don't think I'd like that book either.

Picksbaby, good luck on your scan. I bet your partner is excited!! I bet time is moving soooo slowly for you right now.

Ibelieveitwil, I hope you get to hear the heartbeats next scan.

Trinity_enigm, Now that book sounds interesting. I think a lot of the things they tell us not to do are just overkill. The author retains her credibility in my mind by not endorsing drinking during pregnancy, because I do believe there is strong evidence that it's harmful, even in normal amounts. I saw a presentation on fetal alcohol syndrome, and the presenter put forth a theory that a lot of the most severe damage is caused during a window of time just a few days after a woman has missed her period. She went on to say that this is especially a problem for women who aren't TTC and might not now they are pregnant until much later. Made me not want to take another drink ever!

Well the author doesn't really tell you what to do either way it's all about having the facts and making your mind up. She's an economist and spends her life making informed decisions about whether or not something is too risky for her. Not necessarily drinking but eating a runny egg or whether being over weight or under weight will be disastrous.

Urgh!!! Just called my local antenatal suit they haven't received my referral form from my doctor! So I've had to make yet another doctors appointment ..... They can't see me till next Monday!!! I'll be 9weeks by then feel like I'm getting left behind :(

They've said I can do a self referal and I'll get a appointment within 24hours of them (in my eyes 2days after you click send) but I can't get it up on the iPad or iPhone it has to be done on a PC/laptop which I don't have!!! How frustrating!!

Hello again ladies! :hi: Lovely to see all the beautiful scan pics and glad everyone is doing well, ms aside :sick:.
I've been off here for a few days as I had a scare this weekend.

*TMI alert!* On Saturday afternoon I noticed pink when I wiped. It was just one spot but it scared me as I've only had brownish stains when I wipe or on my pantyliner. I tried to ignore but when I came back from the store there was a bit more staining on my pantyliner and it was dark red! :-s:shock: I called the on call doctor and she told me that spotting was very common, especially in multiples (they think I may have two snuggled in there,) and not to worry unless it's bright red and heavy followed by bad cramps. Needless to say I was a mess the rest of the day anyway and analyzing everytime I wiped!! There was no more pink or red, just brownish cm. On top of that scare, I've been trying to eat healthy and I've been making myself a green smoothie everyday with spinach and fruit. I had one Saturday and made pesto chicken for dinner. On Sunday morning, after my DH left for the airport, I had the worst diarrhea and it was GREEN!!! It looked like pesto! I've never had green D before and I don't know if was all the green smoothies I've been having or the pesto chicken! I googled (whish I shouldn't have,) and found that pesto and basil is not good when pregnant! I tried to calm myself down by meditating, lol! Has anyone experienced any diarrhea?? Now I haven't pooped since Sunday :shrug:. So strange!

This is my first child and we had infertility struggles so I am a nervous wreck!! I don't know how I'm going to make it to my scan on Thursday but I'm trying to take it on day at a time. I keep flip flopping between believing I'm pregnant, to thinking the worst has happened! I need :help:! Just a few more days to my 6 week scan and I hope and pray everything is okay!

Sorry for the TMI novel but I have never been so anxious and worried about anything before. I just want to see a healthy bean and heartbeat on Thursday!

Hi girls , how are you all doing ?
As I was saying I went to get my confirmation of pregnancy done yesterday . They always give you huge bottle of prenatal vitamins .
I have some left that I previously bought and I wanted to finish them and than start to take those they gave me . But what I have noticed today was the caption on the bottle they gave me ... ,,Prenatal vitamins PLUS IRON ,, in red letters .
I am sure the bottle they gave me with my first pregnancy was just prenatal vitamins . I know they cannot say anything ( same as u/s technician ) , you always have to wait for your doctor to discuss stuff with you . But do you think that means I am low in iron ( anemic ) or it's just prevention of being low in iron . I did not find anything online so I have no idea if you can find the iron level from urine of just from blood .
I don't know if you remember but I was complaining about heavy dizziness and low blood pressure here and there .
And now when I read what can Armenia cause in pregnancy I am terrified ..
I mean if they knew something was wrong they would have to tell me to make sure I take those vitamins right ?

1babydreamer : I am sorry to hear your days have been so crazy . I kinds think the green stool is from the food you ate since mine is kinda pinkish / red when I eat a lot of beats :D
You are pretty early so the spotting may be implantation bleeding . Just keep and eye on it and if you gonna spot for longer than 3 days I would go check it out ;)

I hope everyone is doing great . I don't remember who was asking but my ms is crazy bad without vomiting . I can't do anything than laying and feeling sorry for myself and wish it's gonna ease a little :(

Joeyjo, not long now! Fingers crossed it's not a BO and baby is fine!!

Picks, argh!! How annoying for you, doctors are pretty useless at times aren't they! Hope you can refer yourself soon so you don't have to wait until 9 weeks!

Baby dreamer, I would also say what you've eaten has caused that colour diarrhoea, and I had really bad D for 8 days a couple of weeks ago, but that was down to a stomach bug! Not good! Good luck for your scan :D

Proud momma, I'm not sure about the prenatal vitamins, was the iron a sticker that had been stuck on or already on the bottle? Iron count is from blood tests so if you have had your blood tests before then then they would of known from that? But I thought they might of said something about it. Hope all is ok anyway :)

Hi ladies, can I join even though I'm a bit late to the party. I thought I was due July 2nd but after going to the doctors I realised I miscalculated and am actually due on June 29th! This is my first pregnancy so will be nice to have some ladies to talk to

I can't keep up anymore lol! I hope everyone is ok, and welcome newbies :)

I feel so sick guys. This baby hates food lol! My milk supply is going to disappear if I keep this up lol :(

Joeyjo, not long now! Fingers crossed it's not a BO and baby is fine!!

Picks, argh!! How annoying for you, doctors are pretty useless at times aren't they! Hope you can refer yourself soon so you don't have to wait until 9 weeks!

Baby dreamer, I would also say what you've eaten has caused that colour diarrhoea, and I had really bad D for 8 days a couple of weeks ago, but that was down to a stomach bug! Not good! Good luck for your scan :D

Proud momma, I'm not sure about the prenatal vitamins, was the iron a sticker that had been stuck on or already on the bottle? Iron count is from blood tests so if you have had your blood tests before then then they would of known from that? But I thought they might of said something about it. Hope all is ok anyway :)

It was already on the bottle . And I did not have any blood work done yet ...

Welcome and congratulations angelcake :wave:

Lego that sucks!! Hope you start to feel better soon!

Proudnomma hmmm I'm not sure then, maybe ring and ask if you're not sure :)

Thanks girls! The briwn spotting or brownish cm has been pretty steady since two days before my positive beta. Doctor and nurses say brown is ok and common in multiples. Sone days I barely have any abd only egen i wipe and some days it's more. I dont think it can be implantation bleeding anymore as I'm almist 6 weeks along. It's the pink and dark red that worried me.
I will hold out with the worst case scenarios until my scan!

Thanks for the support! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->