Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Please don't take anything I said as a lecture. You're young, scared and it's understandable for all the options you have to run through your head. I was just pointing out your other options. If you have family and friends that will support you then it will all be ok. It will be ok even if you don't have the support. If you decide to take OH up on what he wants to do, do you think your relationship will last knowing it's not what you wanted to do. It's going to be hard if you do it on your own. It'll be worth it though. Just weigh all of your options very heavily. Have you been to the dr to see the baby? I promise it will all be ok. Both are life changing decisions. I wish you the best with whatever you decide to do.

Please don't take anything I said as a lecture. You're young, scared and it's understandable for all the options you have to run through your head. I was just pointing out your other options. If you have family and friends that will support you then it will all be ok. It will be ok even if you don't have the support. If you decide to take OH up on what he wants to do, do you think your relationship will last knowing it's not what you wanted to do. It's going to be hard if you do it on your own. It'll be worth it though. Just weigh all of your options very heavily. Have you been to the dr to see the baby? I promise it will all be ok. Both are life changing decisions. I wish you the best with whatever you decide to do.

I understand what you are saying, it's just hard to take that to heart with my situation being so different. I can just see this isn't the place for me to be considering and questioning this, I don't want to offend or upset anyone.
I haven't seen it, but I'm scheduled for a scan in about 2 weeks. I'll try my hardest to do what's best. Thank you

I've been in your situation, and I didn't discuss those feelings in here because it isn't fair on others and it's actually against the rules.

I was 18 when I fell pregnant with my daughter, her dad and I were most definitely not ready for a baby and he said if I kept her he would leave me, or worse, cut her out of me. He loves her now and life is good. She's the best decision I ever made but I do understand your conflict. It isn't easy doing life backwards, havin g the baby then trying to conquer everything else.

On a more positive note ladies. Haven't heard of many complaining of sickness lately. I've learned a couple tricks that seem to ease my queasiness:

Iced water with lemon helps. It also gets me to drink more water.
Anything with bread or toast when the hunger and nausea are battling.

How about you ladies? Anyone have tips or tricks that seem to help them to share?

Nausea is definitely gone a bit easier and you so right about the bread and water, I am loving toast in the morning, I don't feel too sick after eating it! Yum!!

Just to think tomorrow this time I will be waiting for my scan :happydance:

Nausea is definitely gone a bit easier and you so right about the bread and water, I am loving toast in the morning, I don't feel too sick after eating it! Yum!!

Good luck! I'll be looking forward to your update. Still another day to go for me. But I have an acupuncture appointment tomorrow so that ought to keep me busy. But I'm gonna have trouble sleeping tomorrow night thinking of my scan the next day!

I still feel really sick all the time lol nothing works for me yet :/ sleep definitely makes it worse. I think I need to man up because I reckon I'm in for the 9 month sickness again lol x

Luminescent. I'm sorry you're feeling like this :( although I've never had a problem with my OH on board but it is always the men who find it harder to adjust. I just have to say please do not worry, I'm sure as soon as your baby arrives your OHs mind will change completely. As for money and living situations, it will all work it self out, things like that do. Everything happens for a reason and I really do think everything will work out for you, don't ever feel like you can't talk to us on here as we are here to listen. Good luck with everything :hugs: xx

Glad everyone's sickness is dying down, apart from you Lego, I feel sorry for you you haven't had a break yet!! Mine has gone just the odd day it comes back but no where near as bad!

So, where do you all come from anyway? :) i think we need to get to know each other abit more. Call me Jen :D I'm 23 and live in England, uk. What about you?

Lots of people are in a difficult situation when they have their first baby. I was 19, me and my now DH had only known each other a few months and weren't even together! I was living between my mum and dad's houses, no job, no money etc etc. DH was not happy at first but having our son was the making of us! We are so happy now, married, have two babies and this is #3 we are in a lot more stable position. It just takes time and you will make it work somehow!

I got some sea bands and they seem to help with the nausea quite a lot but it just leaves me permanently hungry but can still only eat bland things which rules out a lot of fruit because I'm finding it too acidic although I'm lovely Granny Smith apples even though they're quite sour. Also I'm finding munching on celery quite good too. Maybe I just like crunchy things?

Great idea Jen - call me Roz, I'm 31 and live in Auckland, New Zealand.

I was way too busy at work to eat or drink anything (apart from a snack at 11am) so I've been feeling awful ever since dinner. I seem to be ok with extremes - either not eating at all it always eating

Good luck! I'll be looking forward to your update. Still another day to go for me. But I have an acupuncture appointment tomorrow so that ought to keep me busy. But I'm gonna have trouble sleeping tomorrow night thinking of my scan the next day!

my scan was actually Friday but I couldn't wait so I pushed it further, I would go today if I could... nice to have a distraction!

Don't even talk about sleeping tonight I will probably dream constantly about the scan like I have been for the last 3 nights :wacko: Just praying my babies are okay! Really really tempted to go to my gynae for a scan today but the technician is only there until 12pm so Im kinda late!

Spoke too soon about the nausea, came back today after breakfast, I find if I eat anything salty it usually helps for a while...

I'm Becki and I'm 24 and we live in Yorkshire in the UK

I'm taking sickness meds most days now, iv lost my appetite and iv actually lost weight! I'm living off sweets and sugary drinks during the day and then eating a small portion of whatever I make DH in the evening. It's the only way I'm managing. Though I do keep graving meat and gravy type things. On Monday I really wanted homemade steak pie, ended up with sausages and mash and gravy lol. Yesterday I ended up getting a pudding chips and gravy from the chippy and I really want to make potato hash and dumplings. I don't even like meat really so it's abit weird. Must be the anaemia wanting steak type things!

I'm Jo, I'm 33 (how did that happen!) and I'm originally from the UK but I've been living in Madrid, Spain since July.

I'm Vanessa, 28 and in the good ol' USofA.

I've only been slightly ill but I find toast cures it. My extreme symptom is exhaustion. I have no energy to do anything and my house shows it. It looks like a bomb exploded and laundry just keeps piling up. My poor OH and DS are living off take out because I can't find the energy to cook. I'm so looking forward to 2nd trimester and "nesting".

Im Kylie, 30 South Africa,

I also found toast helps but not for too long, after a while I go back to feeling argh :sick: I drink loads of water so I have had minimal tiredness. My house looks the same way, I keep telling myself, today I am going to cook and then I feel like death when I get home and we end up eating out. I literally have no towels left so I have to do laundry tonight!

luminescent, :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: There are no right decisions in your situation, just what is right for you. I can imagine you're feeling really lonely right now, but I can assure you that you are not the only one going through this. Does Planned Parenthood have counseling services or support groups or can you seek counseling on your own? I really think you need to talk with someone who can help you determine what it really is you want to do. We are definitely here for you for support, but as you have already recognized, given the nature of this forum, we probably aren't the best people to help you out with that decision. And yes, everything will be just fine, whatever happens just like millions of women before you.

Great idea Jen--You can call me Cali and I live in Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S. I'm 39 and this will be my second child.

AFM, I have had a very ROUGH morning. I woke up at around 3 am with a raging headache and no pregnancy safe meds. I also was feeling so nauseous. Now I'm at work feeling like something the dog drug in. I hope I am okay for Halloween. UGH!

SO glad I do not suffer with ms all the time! It all just hit like a ton of bricks this morning.

Hi everyone !
I feel little bit better also , since yesterday . I don't have ms all day , just here and there and certain smells makes it worse .of course I don't like being sick but on the other side I feel nervous when I am not because I think something is wrong .
I am glad everyone else is feeling better and I am jealous of all the scans .
I found some gender prediction kit online for 15$ and it say it's pretty accurate . Except for those you said they got purple color except blue or pink but they got new test free and it was accurate . So it may be fun to do that . Of course I would make sure with scan if it's a boy or girl but it would be fun I guess .
I am sorry if I am not gonna remember all of the names . I am very bad at it :D
My name is Kate , I live in USA ( North Carolina ) but originally from Czech Republic . I am 24 ( 25 in December ) so you could say I am 25 :D
Anyone else feels like they gonna end up in psychiatric clinic before hearing the HB for the first time and starting safely second trimester ? It feels like sooo long and sooo far away :(

Well i ended up having a early scan due to problems... turned out all ok thank goodness! Im put back 4 days which makes me correct with my dates not midwifes :p ..
DD 6th June so could you change please x

Attachments

• IMAG0399_1.jpg
    IMAG0399_1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member