Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Had my 8 week scan today. My new EDD is June 8th from LMP BUT I didn't ovulate until 9-18 so I'm actually measuring ahead. Yay! The hearbeat sounded strong and it was in there turning and waving its little nubs. So excited!!

Next appointment is at 12 weeks and I get another scan. YAY!

The Dr. did ask if I wanted a C-section this time. With my ds I tore 4 degrees and 5 is the worst. I couldn't sit right for 6 months. I told him at the moment I'm going with no, but I'll be googling more info. I neve even really thought about it and would hate to think I could lose control of my BM and gas. lol Any of you ladies have any experience with that?

Welcome to all the newbies! I don't update much but I do read this thread religiously.

Attachments

• SCAN.jpg
    SCAN.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to the newbies, and congrats!!!

Love seeing all these beautiful scans, but I must admit, I am a tad jealous!! :haha:

I have my first appointment tomorrow. I don't know if they'll do a scan in the office or not, but here's hoping!! :happydance:

Oh my lord this baby is a hungry one! I don't normally eat breakfast but now I have to have a slice of toast or something then mid morning I have a yoghurt,for lunch I had 2 slices of toast (still have nausea so eating lots of bland food) and some celery then over the afternoon an apple and some more celery plus a couple of handfuls of cereal. And when I got home I was so hungry I had to eat straight away and had a big plateful of scrambled eggs on toast- I going to be massive!!!

I'm not normally one for snacking and just eat lunch and dinner- now I'm finding I have to eat every couple of hours else I get horrible hunger pangs.

Picksbaby - sorry. I know it must be frustrating to rely on doctors only to ave them disappoint you. Hope you get it sorted.

babydreamer - sounds normal. Hope you find everything ok on thursday (hope both of us do as that day is the moment of truth for me too!)

joeyjo - FX all is ok. I personally think your scans were just early. I hope it all turns out well.

proudmomma - sounds to me like they gave you routine prenatals. If something were wrong with your iron levels (which they only check by blood), they would have told you.

Lego - So sorry you're not feeling well. But I'm with you. My baby wants me starving because I don't want to eat anything at all at the moment despite my stomach growling up a storm.

ophelia - congrats on the scan that's beautiful! I'll update your due date!

minni - can't help myself I'm jealous too. But you get to go to your doctors tomorrow! yay!

Angelcake - congratulations and welcome! Never too late to join and chat with us. It's my first pregnancy too (well sort of--I had a miscarriage before but if all goes well, it's my first baby :))

Had my 8 week scan today. My new EDD is June 8th from LMP BUT I didn't ovulate until 9-18 so I'm actually measuring ahead. Yay! The hearbeat sounded strong and it was in there turning and waving its little nubs. So excited!!

Next appointment is at 12 weeks and I get another scan. YAY!

The Dr. did ask if I wanted a C-section this time. With my ds I tore 4 degrees and 5 is the worst. I couldn't sit right for 6 months. I told him at the moment I'm going with no, but I'll be googling more info. I neve even really thought about it and would hate to think I could lose control of my BM and gas. lol Any of you ladies have any experience with that?

Welcome to all the newbies! I don't update much but I do read this thread religiously.

I had a 4th degree tear with my first baby and had a c section with my second baby. Elective c section in my experience was great and the recovery compared was a breeze! I'll definitely be opting for a csection this time too! The risk of problems from another tear was too great for me! x

Ouchies! C section was my biggest fear until I just read about 4th degree tears! I had a 2nd degree tear with Caitlyn and grazing with Oliver. X

Congrats & welcome newbies!

Ophelia - love your scan pic! Could you actually see baba's wee arms & legs moving?

Hope you ladies anxiously waiting on scans are ok.

I couldn't hack the wait til the 12 week scan so I went & booked a private scan for next week. I'll be 8 weeks by then :0)

Thanks girls! The briwn spotting or brownish cm has been pretty steady since two days before my positive beta. Doctor and nurses say brown is ok and common in multiples. Sone days I barely have any abd only egen i wipe and some days it's more. I dont think it can be implantation bleeding anymore as I'm almist 6 weeks along. It's the pink and dark red that worried me.
I will hold out with the worst case scenarios until my scan!

Thanks for the support! :)

So you having twins ? And did the doctor check you up after you started spotting ?

I have a scan tomorrow at 8+1, which I'm pretty anxious about. Could any of you advise whether it's likely to be a abdominal or vaginal scan at 8 weeks; nothing was mentioned and I don't know whether to go hell for leather to fill my bladder or make sure I empty it as soon as I arrive at the hospital!

Welcome to the new ladies.

I had my 6+5 scan abdominaly and she said if she had to switch to vaginal i could go for a wee lol

i no how you feel joeyjo i hate waiting to, im in the same boat, they said could be blighted ovum cause they saw nothing, but when i zoom in i see this

it says around 6 weeks on my scan, there is like a blurred bit and a line thing
its so weird so it might be pixels, but how ever i went over my old scans from previous and the MHZ was higher so frequency was higher and we could only just see her, so could down to sono who does it

oh and some scans on mine sayn the gestational sac is say 15mm, and some say highest 18mm, and it has grown the 1mm a day as it should be from my scan weeks ago. they said on report a sac measuring 18mm, but depends which angle and how clear she got it, so somewhere between 15 and 18mm

heres a image zoomed in but could be just off pixels :(

Attachments

• not sure.jpg
    not sure.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 4
Hi ladies,
I haven't been around for a few days the sickness has had the better of me! I have my first midwife appt tomorrow morning, and this evening I have just been to the toilet and when I wiped there was a tiny bit of pink on the paper.
All this is very new to me, is this normal? I am around 8 weeks give or take a day or two.
I have had a few tummy pains for a while now but putting this down to the ever changing situation going on inside my tummy ��

Sizzles - not sure. I had scans at 6 weeks with previous two children .& they were both vaginal. I'm a slim person but they couldn't find either when they tried the abdominal scans. I've my first scan with this pregnancy next week - I'll be at a similar stage to you (8+3). I've been told to drink loads before as they'll try an abdominal scan first. If they can't get a good view they'll do a vaginal scan (if this happens I'll ask to use the bathroom first). Good luck tomorrow :o) x

Amy - don't worry. It's maybe just a bit left over from implantation? If it gets heavy do call your epu. The midwife at your apt tomorrow will probably be able to put you more at ease xx

Traylee &joeyjo - I hope you both get some lovely news soon xx

Hi all! I've been sort of MIA for a while.
Things are going just fine in there with the bean (I assume) but I've been not so great. OH is still pretty scared and upset, and I felt so hopeless the other day. I was on planned parenthood's website, thinking about calling them. I feel terrible even writing that here. OH won't give that idea up, cause "there's still time."
I know most of you can't relate to my situation- id give anything to be married/financially stable/a little older/etc. This is just the wrong time.
We're supposed to be moving to portland June 1, my edd is June 8th so obviously that wont be happening. I just imagine myself living at my parent's house, with a baby, and not sure what OH would do.. That's not how i imagined life going. It just terrifies me, I feel like things are going all wrong :(
I'm so sorry to vent to all of you, I wish I could be as excited as I should.
On the bright side- I am still thrilled for all of you, of course :) I'm a bit too lazy to work through 20+ missed pages, but congrats to any new BFPs!

They found baby through abdominal scan yesterday at 6+5 but had to go vaginal for more detail! With my last pregnancy they started doing abdominal around 8 weeks. I'd go with a full bladder, it's easier to empty it then to fill it up at short notice, they just had me empty mine in the toilet that linked on to the scan room x

Hi all! I've been sort of MIA for a while.
Things are going just fine in there with the bean (I assume) but I've been not so great. OH is still pretty scared and upset, and I felt so hopeless the other day. I was on planned parenthood's website, thinking about calling them. I feel terrible even writing that here. OH won't give that idea up, cause "there's still time."
I know most of you can't relate to my situation- id give anything to be married/financially stable/a little older/etc. This is just the wrong time.
We're supposed to be moving to portland June 1, my edd is June 8th so obviously that wont be happening. I just imagine myself living at my parent's house, with a baby, and not sure what OH would do.. That's not how i imagined life going. It just terrifies me, I feel like things are going all wrong :(
I'm so sorry to vent to all of you, I wish I could be as excited as I should.
On the bright side- I am still thrilled for all of you, of course :) I'm a bit too lazy to work through 20+ missed pages, but congrats to any new BFPs!

I'd like to think that I'm pro-choice for the simple fact that I don't think the government should tell women what they can/can't do with their bodies. With that being said...OH shouldn't even mention it. I don't believe there is a "wrong time" to have a baby. I believe all babies are blessings and miracles from God. IDK if you're religious or not, but just pray about it. It's ok to be scared and terrified. I know I am and I've already had 1 baby and couldn't be more stable and secure in my life. Even if you don't want to keep the baby there's always adoption. Go over to assisted conception and LTTTC boards and see what those women would do for a baby. I hope you realize just how fortunate and blessed you are to get pregnant. Don't make any rash decisions based on your OH. You need to do what's right for your baby. It's the most important thing right now.

This thread will get closed if people start debating terminations. This forum isn't really the appropriate place. I hope you make the decision that is right for you and not anyone else as you have to carry that decision with you forever.

Eek!
I apologize, I wasn't about to start debating it. I fully intend on, and want to, continue this pregnancy- I was just explaining how I've been feeling and the conflicting things in my life right now. It's not a route I ever want to have to take. I just dont know how I'm going to do this.
I guess I was just looking for a bit of reassurance hoping some of you could try to understand a bit. I see that this is not the place to do that. The only thing I should feel is grateful and happy, I guess.

I do realize how grateful some women would be, but I am not, like I said, in the position of those women. When your OH doesn't want this, and you aren't in a great financial situation, with nowhere to live when the baby comes- it seems to be a big burden right now.

I am not here to be lectured. I feel like i'm going to be looked down on for even talking about this conflict. Remember, everyone's lives and situations are different.

I am beyond stressed and worried right now, I see that I guess I have to take a bit of a break from here. I will be back when things are figured out.. I really do enjoy talking to all of you and reading the thread.

Sometimes all someone is looking for is an "it's going to be okay, and you will do the right thing."

Hope everything works out for you luminescent. Whatever way that may be. Hope you feel better soon. But I agree about not making the decision for anyone else but yourself. Praying for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->