Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Hi everyone
I have been following the thread religiously but just thought I would check in.
Im still off work on the sick, my doc signed me off until 23rd November which is after my 12 week scan.
Touch wood I think the pains I was getting have stopped now although im still getting the odd pulling etc and my back and hips keep hurting!
Im feeling a little less nauseous, im a little less tired and ive been feeling like cooking proper meals a bit more!
I have just over a week until my first scan! I feel like I cant fully relax until then!

Good luck joeyjo! Praying it goes well for you.

Glad you're starting to feel better heather. My symptoms are milder this week too. FX this is when pregnancy starts to become fun.

I've just found out from my dad that my cousin who was due to give birth in a couple of weeks has miscarried. I feel so sad for her- probably even more than normal because of my own pregnancy.

I've been so hell bent on getting past the first 12 weeks that it's never really occurred to me that something terrible could happen that close to giving birth.

I'm not very close to her and haven't seen her in a few years. Just sent the odd Facebook message. I'm glad I've found out now- can you imagine how awful it would've been for her if I'd announced the pregnancy of fb after my scan in a couple of weeks? Will be keeping it on the down low for a whole now.

Technically, that far along, it's considered a stillbirth. They're rare, but they do happen. I have a niece that has had 2 of them. So heartbreaking and tragic. I'm feeling very sad for your cousin and I don't even know her :(

hey girls, sorry I have been MIA, was in hospital with a bladder infection and sciatic nerve :nope: I am okay now, just trying to get rid of the infection, dr said it wont be my last for a while though. Other than that just hoping my babies are still okay, no cramps or spotting so I think we fine?

:hugs: to you all

Sorry you haven't been feeling well Ibelieve :hugs:

Think you and you little ones are ok. Take care of yourself. Drink lots of fluids. Hope to hear you're feeling better soon.

You poor cousin Trinity! There's a part of me which thinks I can relax into the pregnancy more after my 12 week scan, but there's another part of me which is aware that things can still go wrong. For example, I'm supposed to be clearing out what will become the baby's room: it's full of school stuff (teacher) and craft stuff, so I'm meant to be dumping, sorting, lofting etc. OH mentioned this pre-5-weeks and I've been putting it off as I think if it all goes wrong there'll have been little or no point. Equally, I want to do things which make me feel like things are progressing.
Any way, I'm rambling. The point is that whilst this is incredibly sad news for your cousin, the odds are in our favour and I think we have to go with that. We do what we can to keep our babies safe and beyond that we can't influence things. You are very thoughtful to have realised that such a public announcement would almost certainly be distressing for anyone suffering a loss - especially one so late in pregnancy.

Get well soon I believe!

Hi everyone
I have been following the thread religiously but just thought I would check in.
Im still off work on the sick, my doc signed me off until 23rd November which is after my 12 week scan.
Touch wood I think the pains I was getting have stopped now although im still getting the odd pulling etc and my back and hips keep hurting!
Im feeling a little less nauseous, im a little less tired and ive been feeling like cooking proper meals a bit more!
I have just over a week until my first scan! I feel like I cant fully relax until then!

Welcome Heather!! Hope the time passes quickly for you for your first scan!

I've just found out from my dad that my cousin who was due to give birth in a couple of weeks has miscarried. I feel so sad for her- probably even more than normal because of my own pregnancy.

I've been so hell bent on getting past the first 12 weeks that it's never really occurred to me that something terrible could happen that close to giving birth.

I'm not very close to her and haven't seen her in a few years. Just sent the odd Facebook message. I'm glad I've found out now- can you imagine how awful it would've been for her if I'd announced the pregnancy of fb after my scan in a couple of weeks? Will be keeping it on the down low for a whole now.

Trinity, I'm so sorry for your cousin. I couldn't imagine the kind of hell she is going through right now. You are so thoughtful not to put your good news on Facebook. Something about Facebook just tends to make everyone feel like crap, even for non-pregnancy related good news.

Like Sizzles said, the odds are greatly in your favor. Also, worry is such a counterproductive emotion. If things turn out badly, then all that time worrying won't make it easier to get through it. If things go well as it looks like they will, then you will regret having spent so much time worrying when you should be doing fun stuff like planning for maternity and the baby's nursery.

I remember with my first pregnancy, I got a positive screen for Down Syndrome on the blood testing they do with the NT scan. Looking back it was only a 2% chance of DS, but I was terrified the whole rest of my pregnancy. I had declined the amnio because I was even more terrified of miscarriage. So I spent the bulk of the rest of the 6 months on google worrying about whether she had DS or not, even though all of the subsequent ultrasounds showed she almost certainly did not have it. I really regret all the time worrying and have really tried not to do that again for this pregnancy. I have my NT scan in a week, but I am trying to do nothing but think positively.

hey girls, sorry I have been MIA, was in hospital with a bladder infection and sciatic nerve :nope: I am okay now, just trying to get rid of the infection, dr said it wont be my last for a while though. Other than that just hoping my babies are still okay, no cramps or spotting so I think we fine?

:hugs: to you all

Ibeliveveitwill :hugs::hugs: So sorry about the bladder infection and sciatic nerve pain. That doesn't sound like fun at all. :nope: I'm sure everything is well with the babies because that kind of stuff won't affect them at all but will just make you feel awful.

AFM: I'm feeling pretty good today. I just past the 11 week mark and I read that my baby is now a fetus! I got a moment to listen to baby's hb on the doppler and was able to get a good listen although it kept moving away. It really is comforting to listen to the hb. Now I just need to get past this NT scan next week and I will feel good about announcing to everyone. I'm hoping I can go straight to the HarmoniT21 test and bypass the triple screen since I'm 39 and had a positive screen last pregnancy. From everything I'm reading I am very likely to get another positive screen so I'd rather not go through the stress of that even though the majority are false positives.

Sorry about your cousin trinity :hugs:

I can't believe were at the nuchal/ 12 week scans already! 3 more weeks to mine and then we will announce x

Aw Cali :hugs:

Hope your scan surprises you and you get a negative.

After speaking to you ladies I had my husband look into the whole blood test thing and make sure our insurance would cover it (didn't think it was worth it to spend 2-3000$). For some reason before, I thought it would be less than that even without insurance. Anyway, he looked into it and thankfully it is definitely covered. Getting it done in on Wednesday :happydance:. I can't believe that by next week I'll probably know my baby's gender!

Confuzion it still seems funny that you're going to know so soon! About 30 weeks til I'll know :haha:

That's awesome! I'm torn again on finding out. I think my daughter might need time to adjust to having another brother :rofl:

Lol I know boothh! Crazy how far technology has come. I admire your patience!

:rofl: I'm selfishly hoping you change your mind Lego. I'm dying to know what you ladies are cooking up!

My OH wants to know. It's probably my last baby though so a surprise would be nice for me, but for my daughter... Preparation may be the difference between her loving or loathing the baby lol

Great news confuzion!!! I know that must have been a relief to know it's covered.

Boothh, you are one strong woman! I would not be able to hold out that long!

LOL @ Lego--Yeah, I remember really wanting a sister when I was a girl. I was almost 10 when my little bro came along so it was a little bit easier for me to accept. If I had been younger I think I would have had a meltdown! Dd is only 2 and has been demanding a sister and has been very clear that "I no want a brother. I want a girl!"

Great news confuzion!!! I know that must have been a relief to know it's covered.

Boothh, you are one strong woman! I would not be able to hold out that long!

LOL @ Lego--Yeah, I remember really wanting a sister when I was a girl. I was almost 10 when my little bro came along so it was a little bit easier for me to accept. If I had been younger I think I would have had a meltdown! Dd is only 2 and has been demanding a sister and has been very clear that "I no want a brother. I want a girl!"

She really wanted a brother when I was pregnant with Oliver. But now he is 16 months and destroys her games and pulls her hair and calls her dada, they're not getting on so well all of the time LOL

I'm not doing the nuchal scan, I refuse to go any farther with it so I see no point.

I'm looking forward to being out of first tri-want to feel better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->