Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

I honestly have no idea how you ladies have the patience to wait for a scan! I have had 3 since 5 weeks and I am going for one more on Saturday (our free scan). We have the option of private scans which we take at any opportunity!

Scan I am counting down to is the one on December, 3 at 1pm! My 12 week, we can tell everyone scan :haha: only 3 weeks to go!

I was surprised the doctor didn't offer me a scan with my first appointment. Other doctors I've been to would have. :shrug: I m going to order a Doppler next week, and will probably hear the HB at home before I do at the doctor's office. :wacko: things are going by too slow for me. :sleep:

I've got to wait until 6th December for my scan. It feels so far away!!

To whoever has a head cold (sorry takes ages to go back and find out on my phone) have you tried holding your head over steam to try and keep your sinuses clear? I'm very susceptible to sinus infections and I'd usually do this with some eucalyptus oil but I'm not sure what oils you can use when pregnant?

I will only get the 12 week scan and I'm happy with that. Scanning all the time doesn't change anything in terms of outcomes anyway. If baby is going to stay it'll stay.

In terms of antibiotics, without them I would have been really ill last time. I had a Skin infection and a chest infection. I also take paracetamol if it's needed. I rarely take anything tbh but if I'm ill I will. I'm the same with my daughter, if she's ill she gets medicine (if appropriate). We are lucky we love in a world where it's an option.

Definitely try the steam option though, it really makes a. Positive difference to sinus problems and colds. Stay away from menthol though, no idea why but it's a no no for pregnancy. I had a cold about three weeks ago that floored me, the one in the UK that is doing rounds that hits once, pretends it's going away then floors you again. It was bad enough for my OH who could take everything and anything. It was shit for me :haha:

Mel, that is terrible, I cant believe your doctor wouldn't just scan you, especially being your first! I am also going to buy a Doppler, I would love to hear the heartbeats whenever I want to...

Trinity - I agree, December seems ages away... but by next week you will be in the double digits

I agree Gertrude that scanning wont change your outcome, but if its your first baby especially after trying for so long it just keeps you reassured that everything is fine and you get to see your babies progress week by week. I cannot believe the jump from a empty sac to a bean with a heartbeat in three weeks! Also my pregnancy is high risk so frequent scans are part of the package - not that I am complaining!

Welcome Natalie and Gertrude! Congrats to Both of you :flower:

Gertrude - I will wait until you get your date to put you on the list :winkwink:

Welcome newbies xx

OpheliaVY - I use !!! All the time too lol. I look like I'm type shouting all the time. :haha:

I'm feeling okay today, starving which is annoying as my shopping doesn't get delivered til tomorrow! And really wanting a banana milkshake! Lol x

I'm sticking with you guys :cloud9:

Had my scan today (empty sac at 5weeks 5days) and today our little bean was there, heart beating, arm buds waving and measuring bang on my LMP dates at 8weeks 6days - so happy and relieved xxx:happydance::cloud9:

Had my scan today (empty sac at 5weeks 5days) and today our little bean was there, heart beating, arm buds waving and measuring bang on my LMP dates at 8weeks 6days - so happy and relieved xxx:happydance::cloud9:

<3 <3 <3 <3 yaaaay!! :happydance:

So GP says July 1st, which nothing else does (average 28day cycles, LMP 18th Sept) so I'm staying in here until the scan :D id thats OK?

That's great news! You must be thrilled! :thumbup:

Wonderful news!! Yay!!

Had my first appointment yesterday at 8.5 weeks!! They didn't do a scan but they said my uterus is perfect size (tmi, maybe?)

I had 7 tubes of blood drawn too... eek.

I have my NT on December 13th.

When are all of you telling friends and family? At how many weeks?

Had my first appointment yesterday at 8.5 weeks!! They didn't do a scan but they said my uterus is perfect size (tmi, maybe?)

I had 7 tubes of blood drawn too... eek.

I have my NT on December 13th.

When are all of you telling friends and family? At how many weeks?

I am definitely telling before 12 weeks
I was thinking to tell after we hear the HB at next appointment but I am not sure yet . May be I am going to wait for my scan to see if baby is healthy :thumbup:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::hugs:

If everything is OK at the scan, then we'll tell my inlaws on xmas day :) then the rest after that

I'm gonna announce to everyone they doesn't know on the 4th of December! After scan! :)

We already announced to immediate family after our 8 week scan. The rest of the family will be told at thanksgiving (12+6). Family far away and friends will get a Christmas card announcement. The rest of the world (fb) will know probably closer to Christmas or after the anatomy scan on January.

I'm just worried about telling my grandparents, they're going to be a bit cross I think lol

Joeyjo that's such great news! Congrats!!

I couldn't wait on having a scan either. Even though I knew my dates my Dr. (whom I adore and love) gave me a dating scan anyway because he knows how I am.

We announced at 6 weeks we were pregnant. I've never been one to keep a secret! Plus I quit smoking and people would've know what was up anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->