Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

It will be our last so that's why we want a surprise!

Shaslove I'm having it just because I won't get a scan until 20 weeks of I don't, :haha: it's rubbish but that's how it works in my area!

I find many of the ladies on BnB have the NT scan just to have another opportunity to see baby again :haha:

I myself wish I could see baby but my husband really wants to limit # of ultrasounds as he believes they could do some kind of harm to baby lol. Even though most people get them with no problems! But I digress.

Even though the blood test I'm getting does test for chromosomal abnormalities. My main motivation for getting it is to start buying up girly baby dresses or cute boy things a little earlier lol. It's my first and I'm planning on spoiling them rotten.

Well I had my first midwife appointment yesterday. She was so lovely and she had an u/s machine in her office so she offered me a scan :happydance:

Baby's hb was still nice and strong and the baby was bouncing around! :cloud9: It was the coolest thing ever. The baby was moving its hands and feet!

I have a blood test to check for chromosomal abnormalities and then my 12 week nuchal scan the following week. Then we will tell everyone :happydance:

Still feeling a bit nauseous and it’s so hard to eat anything. I’ve been so excited about potato gems lately so I got the energy to cook some up for dinner last night, I had 3 and I was full. It’s so sad, I love food and I can’t eat anything lol!!

Yay jersey! Wonderful news! :happydance:

And I know what you mean about food! My nausea has mostly gone away but my food aversions certainly have not. As long as I stay away from strong smelling food I seem to be ok lol. I can't even stand to cook anymore. Today I told my husband I'm not cooking though I know he was looking forward to coming home to something. So I'm going to make some guacamole and he can dip some crackers into that and that's his dinner!

Hi everyone!!
Confuzion how exciting!!! I can't wait to find out :happydance:

Glad everyone is ok and those feeling sick hope you get better soon!!!

A week tomorrow until
My first scan yay!!!!

DH said to me the other day that since I've fallen pregnant I don't cook anymore! It's true, I'm either too exhausted, not hungry or looking at food makes me feel sick so I've definitely kept my distance from the kitchen lately. Poor DH always asks what's for dinner and I either tell him toast or he can heat up a leftover meal.

Hoping things start looking up in the second trimester!

I am glad everyone is doing great :happydance:
So happy for everyone to hear the HB and having scan etc but it makes me sad on the other side :cry:
Am I the only one who didn't hear HB or didn't have scan ? I don't even know if everything is ok . I am trying not to think about the pregnancy so I don't get that much disappointed in a case something is wrong :cry:
Also I have a question for moms who already have kids ... Did you get more stressed with each pregnancy or more relaxed ?
With my son the pregnancy was super relaxing and easy for me . I was sure the baby is healthy and everything is going to be fine and labor is going to be just fine .
But this time ... All I can think of is all the birth defects and complications and extra long labor Etc. I have no idea why I feel this way .
I know I am not doing anything wrong .... Taking vitamins, eating healthy , not drinking or smoking so I don't know why I am not more relaxed :shrug:
No one have to really reply anything , I just had to get it out of my chest :thumbup:

So happy for everyone to hear the HB and having scan etc but it makes me sad on the other side :cry:
Am I the only one who didn't hear HB or didn't have scan ? I don't even know if everything is ok . I am trying not to think about the pregnancy so I don't get that much disappointed in a case something is wrong :cry:
Also I have a question for moms who already have kids ... Did you get more stressed with each pregnancy or more relaxed ?
With my son the pregnancy was super relaxing and easy for me . I was sure the baby is healthy and everything is going to be fine and labor is going to be just fine .
But this time ... All I can think of is all the birth defects and complications and extra long labor Etc. I have no idea why I feel this way .
I know I am not doing anything wrong .... Taking vitamins, eating healthy , not drinking or smoking so I don't know why I am not more relaxed :shrug:
No one have to really reply anything , I just had to get it out of my chest :thumbup:

I was loads more worried with Oliver. I'm super chilled this time though x

I've come down with the mother of all head colds. And to top it off, the nausea is still here. You'd think with my nose out of commission it would tone down a bit, no?

I'm scared of getting a sinus infection, since I don't want to take antibiotics. I looked at the list of medications my OB had approved, and Tylenol cold is on the list. But since a cold is just making me super-miserable, and isn't harmful to the baby, I'm feeling guilty about taking meds, even approved ones.

What do you ladies do to get rid of a bad head cold?

You're not the only one. I have not had the pleasure yet of a scan and I'm a little sad about it. :cry: I feel like I'm doing well so I'm not that worried. I guess for me each pregnancy gets a little easier but don't tell my doctor. She thinks it should be difficult this time because I'm 37. :wacko: I'm not going to have their tests.

I find many of the ladies on BnB have the NT scan just to have another opportunity to see baby again :haha:

I myself wish I could see baby but my husband really wants to limit # of ultrasounds as he believes they could do some kind of harm to baby lol. Even though most people get them with no problems! But I digress.

Even though the blood test I'm getting does test for chromosomal abnormalities. My main motivation for getting it is to start buying up girly baby dresses or cute boy things a little earlier lol. It's my first and I'm planning on spoiling them rotten.

Me too! I don't feel like buying stuff until I know the gender. Also, I feel like I can't connect with the baby until I know the gender. I hate thinking of him/her as an "it".

Well I had my first midwife appointment yesterday. She was so lovely and she had an u/s machine in her office so she offered me a scan :happydance:

Baby's hb was still nice and strong and the baby was bouncing around! :cloud9: It was the coolest thing ever. The baby was moving its hands and feet!

I have a blood test to check for chromosomal abnormalities and then my 12 week nuchal scan the following week. Then we will tell everyone :happydance:

Still feeling a bit nauseous and it’s so hard to eat anything. I’ve been so excited about potato gems lately so I got the energy to cook some up for dinner last night, I had 3 and I was full. It’s so sad, I love food and I can’t eat anything lol!!

Great news about the scan. I was wondering if our babies were able to move around yet. Must have been so neat to see it doing all of that.

Hi everyone!!
Confuzion how exciting!!! I can't wait to find out :happydance:

Glad everyone is ok and those feeling sick hope you get better soon!!!

A week tomorrow until
My first scan yay!!!!

Not too much longer for your scan!!

I am much more relaxed this time around. The first time around I was so freaked out and googling everything the doctors mentioned at my appointments. Since everything was okay last time after all of that it's much harder to freak me out this time.

I've come down with the mother of all head colds. And to top it off, the nausea is still here. You'd think with my nose out of commission it would tone down a bit, no?

I'm scared of getting a sinus infection, since I don't want to take antibiotics. I looked at the list of medications my OB had approved, and Tylenol cold is on the list. But since a cold is just making me super-miserable, and isn't harmful to the baby, I'm feeling guilty about taking meds, even approved ones.

No advice just :hugs::hugs::hugs:.

I'm jealous of all you ladies counting down to your next scan.. I don't even have my first ob appointment until 11 weeks! :cry: so who knows when my next scan will be! Is it December 6th yet?

Oh rainbow sun I was just about to post on the same exact thing!! I've had a horrible cold for a few days and my nose is severely congested!!! When I throw up I can't breathe through my nose and it feels like I'm suffocating! I took a couple of squirts of Afrin even though it's not in the approved list. I have to breathe!!!! Sudafed is on my list and I'm going to take it tonight. I don't think there's any harm to the baby as it's still getting nutrition from the yolk sac since the placenta hasn't formed!

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

I use !!!! A lot. More of a habit from texting I guess but I'm not that excited. Lol

I'm jealous of all you ladies counting down to your next scan.. I don't even have my first ob appointment until 11 weeks! :cry: so who knows when my next scan will be! Is it December 6th yet?

I didn't even have a scan yet :cry:
And my first OB appointment is also at 11 weeks which is in 2 weeks . I am hoping to hear the HB for the first time so I can calm down .
I have a experience with missed miscarriage at 13 weeks ( egg stopped growing at 4 weeks ) ...

We have to hold on and do everything for the time to pass by faster :hugs:

I didn't even have a scan yet :cry:
And my first OB appointment is also at 11 weeks which is in 2 weeks . I am hoping to hear the HB for the first time so I can calm down .
I have a experience with missed miscarriage at 13 weeks ( egg stopped growing at 4 weeks ) ...

We have to hold on and do everything for the time to pass by faster :hugs:

I can't imagine having not had a scan at all yet. I'm debating buying a doppler so I can try and find baby's hb on my own but I'm so afraid I won't find it and my anxiety will drive me nuts. My last pregnancy ended as a mmc at 11w2d. Baby stopped growing at 7w3d. So I know your pain all too well. Fxed time passes more quickly for us! :hugs:

Ladies can I join? Off to see my dr today to get a date but I will be 8 weeks tomorrow, everything being OK of course.

This is my second, Im enormously scared its twins, I'm possibly the oldest mum to be here (37, will be 38 when they're born) so if there are any other older mums say hi!

Will post with a date later x

I've not had my scan yet, I've got my first one a week today! Seems like it taken forever to come!! Your scan will come round soon enough :flower: But in answer to your question, with My 1st pregnancy with Lily I was so laid back, I didn't worry hardly, I never once thought of anything bad happening to her I was so positive all the way through, luckily it all went the way I wanted. But this time I am sooo worried about everything! My brain seems to be in overload thinking of bad things instead of good! It seems everyone is the same the more children they have :hugs:

Sorry you aren't feeling so good :nope: such a pain when we can hardly take anything! The only advice I can give is paracetamol, get lots of vitamin C in you! Maybe from orange juice or other fruits? And rest as much as you can! I hope you get better soon :hugs:

Ladies can I join? Off to see my dr today to get a date but I will be 8 weeks tomorrow, everything being OK of course.

This is my second, Im enormously scared its twins, I'm possibly the oldest mum to be here (37, will be 38 when they're born) so if there are any other older mums say hi!

Will post with a date later x

Welcome and congratulations :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"