Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Good call rainbowsun!

Welcome My_First!! Now we have 70 sunflowers. Yay!!!

My big baby came out faster and the little one tore me. I want a big one again! X

My big one gave me a 4th degree tear and he wasn't even that big (8lbs 9oz) and my little one (7lbs 4oz) was a csection and it was totally pain free!
I'm getting so excited to announce, not long and we can!

My big one gave me a 4th degree tear and he wasn't even that big (8lbs 9oz) and my little one (7lbs 4oz) was a csection and it was totally pain free!

My 6lb 8 oz gave me a 4th degree and I'm still up in the air with a c-section or natural. Tbh I'm terrified either way. I wish my dr never gave me the option. I'm going to talk with him about it more and research some more on Dr google. I just want to have a decision made so I can make a plan either way. I don't like not knowing what I want to do. lol

Thanks boothh and Lego.

You ladies are making me feel better :) I'm kinda hoping this baby comes out between 37-39. I'm so afraid of birthing a big baby lol. Don't think my lady parts could handle it.

My doctor took a swab and did a vaginal scan today and his nurse commented that I was nice and small down there :blush: (she spoke quietly and quickly and in Spanish so I don't think I was meant to hear or understand!) I was gobsmacked!

My first was 7lb4 and I didn't tear but needed to be cut slightly afterwards in theatre to remove my placenta (long story). My second was 8lb 10 and I didn't have even any grazes and clearly down there is still nice and small according to professional opinion! :rofl: however my second came at 39weeks so a 42weeker would be huge!

I told my parents at 6weeks even with the uncertainty and one friend. We are slowly telling close family and friends now. FB announcement will probably be after Xmas around 20weeks.

Bit worried about telling my best friend - she got married a year ago and was supposed to relocate with work to Manchester so they got a flat there and her hubby got a new job but her work move got canned. She is currently stuck commuting to London weekly and crashing at friends. She wanted to TTC after wedding but now wants to get a job in Manchester first and is struggling. She feels like her life is on hold and this ain't gonna help.

We told close family and friends straight away. We told DH’s grandparents on the weekend because his grandma was in hospital after having a nasty fall so we wanted to cheer her up.

Our 12 week scan is on 29th Nov and I will be 12+5 then so we are going to tell everyone then and probably announce it on fb then.

I’m trying to think of cool ways to announce it on fb. I’m thinking about taking a pic of DH’s shoes and my shoes and putting some baby booties in the middle. And/or a photo of DH standing behind me with his hands on my belly and I will make a love heart in front of my belly :baby:

Ouch on the tears!! Oh boy. What we women have to endure!

joeyjo - if she's not trying to conceive herself, then I don't see why she wouldn't be happy for you. Maybe bring it up sensitively, but she's your best friend! I say tell her!

I would say peeing after birth was a million times worse than giving birth without pain relief :rofl:

Wow!! So many pages to catch up on since this morning!! Here goes!!!

Can I join
I'm due June 5th
Welcome and congrats :D
I'm sticking with you guys :cloud9:

Had my scan today (empty sac at 5weeks 5days) and today our little bean was there, heart beating, arm buds waving and measuring bang on my LMP dates at 8weeks 6days - so happy and relieved xxx:happydance::cloud9:
Yay!!!! That's brilliant news! I bet you are over the moon :cloud9: xxx
Had my first appointment yesterday at 8.5 weeks!! They didn't do a scan but they said my uterus is perfect size (tmi, maybe?)

I had 7 tubes of blood drawn too... eek.

I have my NT on December 13th.

When are all of you telling friends and family? At how many weeks?
I have already told my best friend and immediate family, we will be announcing to everybody, including Facebook! Next Tuesday after our 12 week scan :D
Thank you proudmomma. Yeah I read that it grows back but I guess my bad experience with it is clouding my judgement right now. I hope the midwife tries a doppler tomorrow. I think I need to hear or see baby to feel better.
Confuzion I'm sure everything is fine :hugs: it's understandable for you to worry more after a loss but keep positive, that little bean is sticky!!! :D

We've told parents and in-laws, and I want to tell grandparents on Thanksgiving, since it'll be just past 12 weeks, and I'm having my nuchal scan 2 days before then. The only issue is that my best friend who lives far away will be in town a few days before Thanksgiving, and I really want to tell her in person, but it feels weird telling her until I have the confirmation of a (hopefully) ok scan (we've heard the HB 3 times already).

What do you ladies think: should I tell her in person before the scan or wait and tell her a few days later on the phone?
I agree with the others. Tell her in person :D
Another here to add :) due 30th June.
Congratulations and welcome!! :)

I did the shoes announcement (since I have a shoe obsession it was fitting) the caption said "Our family is growing by two feet" and some people still didn't get it. Lol

I would say peeing after birth was a million times worse than giving birth without pain relief :rofl:

:haha: I remember that stinging feeling!! I used to grit my teeth and squeeze my eyes together to prepare for it :rofl:

I'm def leaning toward the csection this time.. Sitting on a donut for 6 months wasn't fun and the 1st poo was like having a baby all over again lol

I did the shoes announcement (since I have a shoe obsession it was fitting) the caption said "Our family is growing by two feet" and some people still didn't get it. Lol

lol! some people are unbelievably dense!

My 6lb 8 oz gave me a 4th degree and I'm still up in the air with a c-section or natural. Tbh I'm terrified either way. I wish my dr never gave me the option. I'm going to talk with him about it more and research some more on Dr google. I just want to have a decision made so I can make a plan either way. I don't like not knowing what I want to do. lol

Csection was the best decision I ever made. The recovery for me was a walk in the park compared to my tear. Obviously everyone is different but don't be scared of a section! Mine was amazing x

:haha: I remember that stinging feeling!! I used to grit my teeth and squeeze my eyes together to prepare for it :rofl:

:haha: ouchhhh! Especially after my horrific tear lol. My greatest tip is to dip your bits in a bowl of cool water as you wee, or wet loads of tissue and hold it against you and pee through that. Both help a lot even though it's gross! Lol x

Ugh I remember that first poo!! All this talk of tearing is making me nervous all over again. I tore just a little bit with dd and had two stitches and she was on the small side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->