Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Can I join y'all. Due June 2/14 with baby #2

I am definitely not pushing! I opt for a C-section! Glad we have the choice... to me there is nothing natural about natural birth :haha: but on the other hand I would like to experience it... but we going c-section no doublt!

I love giving birth! I'd say csection recovery is way more painful for most people x

Morning everyone.

Congratulations to the new sunflowers.

Just been reading about the tears etc. Ouch, I don't know if I want a c-section or to go natural again. I had a type 2 tear with my daughter and remember the stinging vividly but to be fair I'm more concerned about breaking my pubic bone again! Now that was painful! My daughter was quite big though, she was 8lb 5oz at 10 days early. Lol
So goodness knows how big this bubba will get. :)

I had kind of hoped that a large part of my nausea was due to the stress of not knowing what was going on and that after my good scan yesterday it would ease.... No such luck:dohh::growlmad:

(mostly FYI for the 1st time moms)

i had a 2nd degree tear and episiotomy (forceps delivery). peeing was easy enough (i had a watering can filled with warm salted water to rinse as i went) but pooping was a very different matter. STOOL SOFTENERS - GET THEM, USE THEM.

also, remember the big thick old-fashioned pads you used to get (before the trendy thin style ones) these will be your friends for the first week. after that you can prolly safely go back to the thin ones. if you are BF, change the pad BEFORE - something about BF helps your uterus contract back into its original shape but that usually means a splurge of ick as it does so. and you might find it more efficient to put them on back to front with the long end at the top of your knickers.

this isn't meant to scare, just to inform. no matter how bad it is, you will do it all again exactly the same for that little pink and fuzzy butterball of baby in your arms.

I had to take laxative for months after my tear, so I didn't pop anything open. It wasn't very nice. Probably a normal natural delivery with no complications would of course be easier to recover from. But for me the csection was by far less painful and easier recovery. I could walk after my csection I couldnt walk after my tear! It's different for everybody but I don't think csection deserves the bad rep it gets! It's not as bad as you think x

I think I have heard too many horror stories about birth, my sister had 2 C-sections and doesn't regret them at all, no doubt its a longer recover period but its definitely easier and convenient I think, however its my first so I cannot really compare with anything.

Totally off the subject... I read that women carrying girls have really bad ms compared to those carrying boys? Anybody experience this? I find I have minimal MS so Im wondering if its true?

Iv had two boys so far, had bad ms with my oldest and I had hyperemesis with my youngest! So I wouldn't agree. This pregnancy I'm still pretty sick, sick enough for meds anyway so I wonder what I'll have. I'm beginning to think he's a boy. Especially now I found the right boys name :)

Even the NHS website says morning sickness is more likely with girls but like becki and Kate Middleton it doesn't rule out boys.

With my first I felt nauseous twice, with my second I had no nausea unless I had chocolate.
This time I have lots of nausea and have even vomited a few times but I'm not reading anything into it, suspect another boy as otherwise the pregnancies seem quite similar

Even the NHS website says morning sickness is more likely with girls but like becki and Kate Middleton it doesn't rule out boys.

With my first I felt nauseous twice, with my second I had no nausea unless I had chocolate.
This time I have lots of nausea and have even vomited a few times but I'm not reading anything into it, suspect another boy as otherwise the pregnancies seem quite similar

Does it really! I didn't know it was an actual fact lol! I just though some people are more prone than others, I get motion sickness really easily so I thought it was just another one of those type things x

I just looked and it says motion sickness makes it more likely too lol! I really never knew a girl made it more likely though I just thought it was an old wives tale x

I think I have heard too many horror stories about birth, my sister had 2 C-sections and doesn't regret them at all, no doubt its a longer recover period but its definitely easier and convenient I think, however its my first so I cannot really compare with anything.

Totally off the subject... I read that women carrying girls have really bad ms compared to those carrying boys? Anybody experience this? I find I have minimal MS so Im wondering if its true?

I wouldn't say it's true at all, I had absolutely no sickness or nausea with my daughter. I was totally fine unlike this pregnancy hence I think in my case it's a boy. Lol.

I have partly based my gender prediction (of a boy) on the fact that I've not had sickness, but also because I've gone off sweet food and crave more savoury/salty foods - also conducive with expecting a boy. The Chinese gender prediction date thingamy suggests a boy for me too, but I think with IVF that can't be trusted.

I had really bad morning sickness with my girl and hardly any with my boy. I think this baby is a girl, I'm really poorly!

According to the Chinese chart I'm having a boy. I forgot what the method was called, but the placenta (yolk sac in my case) is on the left of my uterus; so it means girl. I didn't have any sickness at all with my son, AT ALL!! I'm not doing so hot this go around. I really, really want a girl though so maybe I'm trying to sway things. lol

If y'all get a chance hop over to the Labor and birth board and read the thread "funny/embarassing birth stories." I read them last night and I swear I was laughing, crying, snorting and farting all at the same time from their tales!

I had two friends pregnant at the same time last year and one had horrendous sickness all the way through her pregnancy and she had a boy. The other friend was sick only once and had a girl but she was terribly hormonal.

I was on another forum earlier (ssshhh- don't tell anyone) and read the worst thread about why people formula feed and it was just a big long list about how painful breast feeding is and little support there is. It's almost enough to put me off for life! I seem lucky in my area that they seem very pro bfing and quite supportive- at least from what I've read.

Thank you to all the experienced mommys out there. Now I really know what to prepare for. I have been reading a lot about back labor, tears, forceps, ect. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best right? Even after all the horror stories, I still don't want a c section. I form keloids so my scar would NOT be pretty lol. Obviously I will do whatever I need to for the health an well being of my child, but I'm not thinking of electing it.

Ibelieve: I have had one bout of MS so far... So boy? But I am breaking out in pimples EVERYWHERE... So girl? Oh and I crave salt/sour things... So boy? All there old wives tales are making me so confused lol :) what other ones are there? I love trying to predict! Oh! The Chinese gender predicted a boy for me too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->