Due July 1st-July 15th 2009 Pregnancy Buddies

Hi everyone!
I'm new too. This is my 1st post.
I've been given 11th July as my due date :)
I'm 32, from Coventry, never been pregnant before, scared yet excited.
It's been pretty weird as I've had no morning sickness (lucky me) and no other signs/symptoms of pregnancy. It only actually sunk in when I went for my 1st scan the Monday before xmas. Wow what a wonderful/amazing experience that was (apart from the huge bursting bladder haha). My boyfriend and I were so gobsmacked.
Anyway hi again to all you July expectees!
LucyLu :)

Got myself some Curel pregnancy lotion. I know that it probably won't prevent stretchmarks, since that has more to do with genetics (but a girl can hope, can't she :rofl:) but the least it will do is stop this insane itching.

I'd been meaning to get some the last couple weeks, but only got around to getting it today.

i've got loadsa body butter that i'm gonna use...i just haven't been arsed to do it yet! lol

OH saw an ad on tv for the palmers cocoa butter stretchmark lotion and asked me if i'm using it..i replied 'only if you buy it for me' so he is! lol :)

I would Love a Texting buddy if anyone is interested!

My stomach must be growing. Don't know if it is fat or the uterus getting bigger. I'm having an awfully hard time buttoning my pants now.

So I've been wondering about that.. when exactly SHOULD I begin the daily slathering in body butter in hopes of no stretch marks?

I would say whenever you want to. I'm mainly doing it because my itchy skin is driving me nuts. I was having a hard time sleeping at night because of it (on top of having to wake up and pee multiple times).

And Wishing, I know what you mean about feeling like you have a balloon in your gut, because mine feels like that, too. And when I lay down at night, I can actually feel my pulse in my gut, too (without using hands). It's a very odd and often uncomfortable feeling all together.

That's so funny, I was laying in bed last night thinking about how I could feel the pulse in my stomach, and thinking how nice it would be if that weren't just my own heart beat! As I'm really starting to get bigger the DH is starting to ask when he can feel the baby kick, it's nice that he's so excited about this too.

Hey girls, I'm back after falling off the face of the earth....just update my journal if you want all the details, hehe. Hope everyone is doing well!

I've had that pulse in the uterus feeling, what is it?? xxx

i had this with my first and my brothers gf was a midwife at the time and all it is, is the blood travling to the baby via the uterus its kinda cool :)

Is anybody else due on the 9th July??

Isn't it exciting!! xxxx

I'm due the 8th of July

... dehydrated myself last night. Not good. Dizzy, tired, headachy, and I think I'm having slight contractions so I'm totally drinking a ton this morning!

i'm due on 9th...

scrubgrub - apparently we're meant to start the body butter ritual now and do it twice a day... we should be doing boobs, belly and legs (a few of my friends have stretchmarks on legs and backs of knees from swelling!)

god its such a mission...i really do intend to start it...umm...today...ok maybe tomorrow! ha ha

also some of my friends who are mums said we should be doing our kegal exercises several times a day every day as of now too else we could be needing some lady pads everytime we laugh or sneeze!!!

My boobs already have stretchmarks. I'm not very good at remembering things, so I am usually only putting the lotion on when I itch.

don't worry godiva i'm in the same boat! i already have stretchmarks on my boobs, bum, thigh and hips from normal growing as a teenager so i'm thinking i'm pretty much prone to them!!!

dang it. Crossing my fingers on hoping for NO stretch marks.

My legs have begun to itch.. I never expected all of this with the pregnancy.

My back is beginning to hurt, in the small of it. I also have an ache on the inside of my legs, where they connect with my body. And today, I felt pain/ache shooting into my legs.

It was a nice day out and I needed to ride my horses since I have no one else to do it, and that almost stopped me. But I won't get another nice day for a while so I made myself go out and do it.

And I'm definitely getting the beginnings of a bump. It's too early :( . But I tried sucking it in, and it didn't go in. I just hope I don't get really big, really soon, because I like being mobile.

well...i purchased some more maternity clothes today from new look as they had some good ones in the sale and have sorted out my wardrobe and put away all the clothes i no longer fit...which is virtually all of them! my bump isn't that big but it's rendered most of my clothes unwearable already!!! madness :)

well...i purchased some more maternity clothes today from new look as they had some good ones in the sale and have sorted out my wardrobe and put away all the clothes i no longer fit...which is virtually all of them! my bump isn't that big but it's rendered most of my clothes unwearable already!!! madness :)

I'm too cheap to get maternity clothes. I can't fathom spending a whole lot on something I'm only going to wear a few months. I've been looking in thrift shops to see if there is anything there (mostly pants-wise because that's the thing I'm having a hard time buttoning). Every single one I've been to has hardly had anything there, and what they did have was too small (kinda makes me depressed, even though I'm not THAT big, just stocky) and what they had was ugly.

I found some really cheap clearance stuff at a Kmart that wasn't half bad, but that was mostly shirts. What I really need now is pants. And every one I've seen has been ugly, with this ugly pouch looking thing in the front. And even THEY didn't seem to fit my tree trunk legs. :hissy:

I think I might end up wearing sweats. Frumpy, here I come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->