• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Due late Oct/early Nov. Wanna be buddies?

Prego.. good luck with your blood test, tho I'm sure it'll be fine :)
Txbiscuit.. same with you with your screening!

i only had mine a couple of weeks ago and the wait for the blood results was only 48 hours, but felt like weeks!!

and Prego.. yep, my ex is a strange one indeed! Fingers crossed his partner sees sense and waits until they are ready to have a baby, rather than because i am! And I've put off buying a doppler for the same puffy reason. Even my doctor has said my bloat will make it hard for him to find the hb, let alone a home-doppler. Just waiting for some kicks to start to give me a bit of peace of mind I guess :) Keeo me posted if u get that doppler working tho!!

All the best with your amnio NR3!
I'm 39 and was put in the high risk group even before the nuchal scan, but turned out to be lucky this time - possibly due to my much younger husbands sperm? (my first baby was 1/100 for downs, but was born perfectly - unless you count smart-ass teenage attitude lol)
Any feedback on your doppler would be appreciated - still can't decide if I can trust myself to be sensible if I have one - and am not so sure if it will work well for me reading through all my bloat..

Thank you, suzie mcg!

I got the doppler and I tried to find the heartbeat right away, but after trying unsuccessfully for about 2 minutes, I gave up. At that point I was a little nervous why I couldn't find HB. I watched a video on youtube and when I tried again, it took me 30 sec. to find HB! It was great! So I'm happy with the purchase, I'll try to use it once a week.

Rainstorm, I find pregnancy pants extremely comfortable. I didn't even know they exist before my 1st pregnancy, but when I found them I couldn't stop thinking what my mom was doing without something like that. :)

txbiscuit, I hope everything went well with the screening.

PregoSauce, when is your blood test? Good luck!

Thanks all! The screening went well - the baby was very wiggly. The measurements looked good, but we won't know the results of the blood test for a few weeks.

Txbiscuit .. congrats on a good scan! It's such a relief to see the proof jumping around like that :) Waiting for the blood results is hard so I hope time flies by for you.

NR3.. glad to hear your doppler was such a success :) I looked online to buy one, but being in Australia the postage time is 30 days!! Now I have to think is it worth it, knowing that in the next few weeks I should start getting some baby movements.. bah living so far away from everything lol

afm right now.. crazy ex came over for dinner to see DS. Horribly awkward - my ex, my DH and i were in a band together during the divorce (messy!) and now he's trying to convince DH to record the songs he wrote while we were breaking up... yeah - let's record the love songs you wrote when I broke your heart, that's so appropriate (not). Funnily, while splitting I had to sing songs onstage about how awful I was - one was called "psycho phone slut" and one was called "Behave" about a girl who acted like a brat and wouldn't listen... sorry for the rant, but he is so impossibly stupid!! And he was a horribly mean husband with the temper of a toddler... ah.. i feel better now!

Hi all, how is everyone?
I had a scan today, my dates showed I was 12+6, but when they measured the baby they dated me as 13+4! I have a super long baby :)
My DD was not happy at the scan and so my DH had to leave the room with her so he missed the scan :-(
They did the downs screening today (via scan and blood) but I won't have the results for another couple of weeks.

I am soooo bloated it is quite disgusting! And I'm on the larger side anyway! I really want my nausea to pass so that I can stop eating all the time!! As I really need to control my weight but at the moment I'm eating to control the nausea and can't exercise because it makes me sick!

So my due date is now 4th November.

Hi berniegroves! I'm doing OK. I'm ready for the headaches/nausea to go away too, but overall, things are good. I'm also eating constantly, even though I'm not even that hungry. (You're right - it helps keep the nausea away!) My energy is starting to return at least, so that's nice.

How exciting that your due date moved up a bit!

Hi everyone! Hope you are all feeling happy and healthy!:flower:

Berniegroves, glad your appointment well! I don't feel like the bloat will ever go away.

I have to go shopping for maternity clothes this weekend, as I am barely fitting into my "fat" pants anymore. I leave them unbuttoned/zipped at my desk, but it gets weird when I have to stand up and adjust in front of people!:blush:

How's everyone's symptoms going? I really got a lot more energy back over the last week and MS is virtually non-existent. I am really wanting to get the baby's room started, but I want to find out the gender before I start buying stuff. O'well, 5wks to go til I find out!

It was my birthday on Friday and right after dinner I started spotting.. scariest 7 hours of my life at Emergency waiting to see a doctor - I had to go straight in for an anti-D shot as I'm Rhesus negative. But as well as the shot, the doctor kindly did an ultrasound for us (at 3am!) and LO is still jumping around like a maniac! Such a relief!!

There's been no sign of blood since, so I hope it was just a thing that happened, but will see my midwife on Tuesday to get a proper check over. All of my symptoms completely disappeared last week, and with no real baby movements, this was terrifying.

Belle & Bernie.. I have a belly belt that I slide over my non-closed pants and it just looks like I have a top under my top. I have huge bloating too, but I had a nice little belly before getting pregnant, so it's not a big surprise :)

Glad most people seem to be past the worst - apparently this is the time we should feel the best!! Not so sure about that, but I def feel less crap than the last couple of months :)

Suzie my birthday was on thursday!! I celebrated it yesterday and today (I'm exhausted!) By the way, glad to hear your baby was fine! You got to see him so it was a good thing in the end :)

Suzie my birthday was on thursday!! I celebrated it yesterday and today (I'm exhausted!) By the way, glad to hear your baby was fine! You got to see him so it was a good thing in the end :)

Hey happy birthday to you too :)

We kind of decided to look at it as a gift to see the baby and know everything is fine, rather than dwell on what might have gone wrong. Midwife appointment tomorrow should sort out if it was caused by anything important, but doctor said sometimes these things just happen for no reason..

Thanks! Surely that's the case... I don't think you caused it... I went to my ob on saturday. It was my first appointment and I really like him. DH was ok with him too, and he said everything looked fine with the baby. So I'm hoping for a worry-free three week period until my next scan lol

I have a male shared care doctor too, but he is fairly dismissive over loads of things. Heaps of fun to visit, but I don't bother seeing him with actual issues, just the monthly blood pressure check etc.. he won't even check the heartbeat because he says his doppler is rubbish.. hmmm That said, he has made sure all of my scans & blood tests so far have been free on medicare, so he's at least good for that lol.

But my midwife was also the nurse assisting at my IVF transfer (total coincidence - it's even at a different hospital!!), so we have an awesome connection - she was, essentially, at the conception! :) Cannot wait to see her today!

Suzie: Glad to hear everything is ok! Happy belated birthday! Mine was also 2 weeks ago.

I got the results of my MaterniT21 tests and baby is healthy and does not have downs or trisomy 13/18. I am still on bedrest though because of spotting and the twin sac is still there.

We also found out the gender - It's a boy!! We are very excited :)

Happy birthday to all the birthday ladies!

A boy! How exciting! I will update the first post!

Prego.. that's awesome news :) Waiting for the test results must have been awful. Huge congrats on all your good luck! And a boy is so much fun!!

Oh, and happy belated birthday too :)

I have a male shared care doctor too, but he is fairly dismissive over loads of things. Heaps of fun to visit, but I don't bother seeing him with actual issues, just the monthly blood pressure check etc.. he won't even check the heartbeat because he says his doppler is rubbish.. hmmm That said, he has made sure all of my scans & blood tests so far have been free on medicare, so he's at least good for that lol.

But my midwife was also the nurse assisting at my IVF transfer (total coincidence - it's even at a different hospital!!), so we have an awesome connection - she was, essentially, at the conception! :) Cannot wait to see her today!

My doctor had two dopplers. One was awsome, the other was just static, couldnt even tell it was a heartbeat, kinda discouraged me from getting one.
Prego great news!! Congrats on finding out the sex! Take advantage of this period to rest and sleep all you need to :)

Hey just a quick check in.. saw my midwife today to follow up on the spotting.. she totally reassured me that it was prob just a one off thing so whew! what a relief. Also got to have another listen to the heartbeat and it was loud and clear - as well as some pretty cool kicks straight into the doppler :) what a great day!

PS Rainstorm.. I hired a doctor standard doppler for about $35 a month and it's fantasic!

I haven't popped in for a while!

Just wanted to say, hope every one is doing okay and babies doing okay :thumbup:

Congrats on team blue :blue: Pregosauce!

I find out the gender of baby on Saturday, so I'm excited :D Anyone else feeling any movement yet?

No movement yet, but I have anterior placenta so it is to be expected :) Good luck on your scan!! Report the news when you find out! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->