• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Due late Oct/early Nov. Wanna be buddies?

I decided to go ahead and order the screening appt, for mostly selfish reasons that I get to check on baby at 12 weeks rather than wait until my next checkup at 14.

Yeah, we ultimately decided to do the 12-week tests for an extra chance to see the baby. :blush:

add me to the list of people doing screening BUT, I am 38 so have been recommeded to do them. I had blood drawn last Saturday and go for my 12 week scan on April 12th. I have decided against Amnio or CVS at present and instead am having igenescreen bloods drawn (think it's similar to a test called materniti21?) only, igenescreen does not test for gender as well.

How is everyone feeling?

*tmi* constipation is brutal. I had been popping a softener a few times but I may need to take other measures- maybe metamucil. I drink lots of water and get whole grains and fruit but between the iron in the prenatal and the progesterone everything is slowed to a halt.:growlmad:

*tmi* constipation is brutal. I had been popping a softener a few times but I may need to take other measures- maybe metamucil. I drink lots of water and get whole grains and fruit but between the iron in the prenatal and the progesterone everything is slowed to a halt.:growlmad:

I'm with ya there:blush:. Not comforatable, and I have been getting gas cramps on top of it.

This last week most of my ms has gone and it feels soooo good!! Hope you all are feeling terrific! I am excited for a high of 65 degrees tomorrow by me, finally spring is really here:happydance:.

My constipation has *finally* started to ease up this week. I agree - it is brutal. TMI, I even developed a small hemorrhoid. Not fun!

My morning sickness still comes and goes, but is way better than it was. It seems to have been mostly replaced by all-consuming hunger.

It's about 68 degrees here right now - I'm going to definitely enjoy spring while it lasts! :cloud9:

See I have it the opposite, I am off my IBS meds and the progesterone gives me diarrhea :-(

I did buy two...a little obsessed, I guess. I bought the angelsounds which is cheaper around $30 and it doesn't work that well, pretty cheap and part of it broke out of the box. I also bought the sonoline b which is much better quality, but more expensive. They sell/rent used ones on ebay too.
I just got the sonoline B today and haven't found the HB yet. I'm not worried about it - I am sure it's just my extra padding :)

Prego - please keep me posted on if they are any good! I was looking at both of those on Ebay, but want to wait til after the 12 week scan before I buy one just to be on the safe side... And they say extra padding can make it harder..sigh.
BUT it makes a safer padded baby environment if you're accident prone I guess :) there must be a bright side to my extra junk lol

Hi ladies,
Can I join you?
I am currently 9 weeks pregnant with my second baby. Due 9th nov.

I'm 30 (just 2 weeks ago) and have been married to DH for 3 years (been together for 10 years) and we have a 17 month old daughter who is amazing!

I am overweight and whilst i had a perfectly healthy first pregnancy (and I weigh the same now as I did at the start of my first pregnancy) it is still worrying me more this time around.

I have terrible sickness where I just feel sick all day long!! So many food aversions and unfortunately most are to healthy foods!!

We paid for an early dating scan last week and got to see the baby and the heartbeat so that's made it all more real.

In regards to dopplers we had one in our first pregnancy which was an angel sounds one. It took a while to find the heartbeat with it but I always managed and it provided great comfort when the baby didn't move much.

Of course berniegroves! The more the merrier!

How is this pregnancy comparing to your last one? Do you feel more sick? Have you told your daughter anything yet, or will you wait until the 2nd tri?

I understand the worrying. I keep telling myself that most known pregnancies end in healthy babies. I figure I might as well *try* to stay positive (even though it's harder than it sounds!).

Of course berniegroves! The more the merrier!

How is this pregnancy comparing to your last one? Do you feel more sick? Have you told your daughter anything yet, or will you wait until the 2nd tri?

I understand the worrying. I keep telling myself that most known pregnancies end in healthy babies. I figure I might as well *try* to stay positive (even though it's harder than it sounds!).

Hi,
This pregnancy is proving harder than my first, I think it's because I have a toddler to run around after and so I just don't have much time for myself. And the sickness has been much much worse.
I also find that I'm not giving this pregnancy the attention I gave my first which makes me a little sad if you see what I mean.
But I know what to expect (to a certain degree) and so that's made things a little easier. And just knowing what baby stuff I do or don't need to buy is better as I remember being overwhelmed the first time!

My daughter is too young to understand what's happening. We took her to the scan with us and she was not happy that I was led on a table with someone pushing a scanner into my belly!! She had to lie next to me on the table bless her!!

I am a terrible worrier so I know how you feel. Once you see or hear a heartbeat the chance of miscarriage greatly reduces.

We should try and pull a list together of everyone's due dates and then we can update it later on with everyone's team colours - pink, blue or yellow!

X

We should try and pull a list together of everyone's due dates and then we can update it later on with everyone's team colours - pink, blue or yellow!

X

That's a good idea! I'll edit the first post later today.

Edit: OK, I changed the first post. Please let me know if you notice anyone who needs to be added/changed.

Hi everyone.. Had my first midwife appointment last night and the midwife was the nurse who assisted at my egg transfer! So she was essentially there for the conception :) I feel like that must be fate - I was even at a different hospital!
All is well, except after going through my history with my son's emergency c-section, it's pretty much decided I'm having a planned section this time. I'd forgotten what a time I had with labor, but gee.. apparently my labour went for almost 60 hours and the reason for the emergency c-section was my blood pressure, not just the stressed baby. Seeing as my BP is high already, it's pretty much decided, so at least I know what's going on :)
But for all the first time mums, I can def say you forget the labor, no matter what it's like! I honestly do not recall it being anywhere near as bad as my hospital notes..,. although I do remember grabbing the doctor by the shirt collar at one point and throwing a hamburger at my husband.. lol

Hope everyone is doing well and thanks for updating the front page txbiscuit! My due date is actually Oct 21. Somehow my ticker disappeared!

Welcome berniegroves!! It is so cute about your daughter being next to you for the scan, she sounds like a sweetheart.

Susie mcg, it seems like a great sign that your midwife was the nurse to assit!

Hope you are all feeling great!

Hello ladies I am a 34 year old first time mom here who has been married to my wonderful other half since November 2012. I would like to say that we were lucky to have conceived right away in trying... I have my first sono/scan on April 16th and I hope then we both an start enjoying this pregnancy. To be honest I am terrified of going in and not getting a hearbeat and lost the baby. I read too many of these posts saying this and I am scared. I have few symptoms of pregnancy:
- fatigue (lots of it)
- Pee all the darn time
- Sore boobs

I found out when I was about 6 weeks and it was a surprise to be honest I did not even know if I was ovulating just bought kits to start testing... So with that my "due" date would be October 23rd...

So I have 6 days to go and then hopefully my mind will be put at ease... Its nice to meet all of you, can't wait to share teh journey... :flower:

Welcome, Hopeful!

I've only had the few symptoms you've had. Can't wait for my next appt Apr 22 so I can rest assured again, at least for a couple weeks!

Hi!

Every uneventful day is a blessing. We have had 3 trips to the ER this pregnancy and as I inch towards the end of 1st tri, I feel better every day. This is the furthest I have made it with a pregnancy because of previous MC, so I am getting very excited, but trying to be a little reserved just in case. My OB said that risk of MC is 15% until the 12 week mark. I had my fertility dr quote me 3% risk-- so every dr is different!

I have been on bedrest for almost 7 weeks now - completely miss the outside world!
I think my morning sickness if finally easing off (yay).

Suzie, you said you have high blood pressure, are you taking any meds? I also have pregnancy induced blood pressure and have had my meds increased to triple dosage and worry that it could hurt the baby (although doc says its ok).

TXbiscuit, my due date is Nov. 2 now (just like you!).

Hey Prego.. so far one doctor gave me a script for magnesium, but my midwife said not to take it, that there are pregnancy-friendly drugs to lower it more effectively, but to wait another couple of weeks and see if it lowers by itself, as the last month has been fairly out of the ordinary for me.

I think mine has been caused by the stress of my MIL passing away last month, the week in ICU when she hung on, and then the funeral arrangements etc afterwards. It's only been a fortnight since the funeral so fingers crossed it gets acceptable this week. It really has been a pretty stressful month. AND when she took it last week, it was right after I got on the scales and saw I'd gained 25 pounds since I started IVF! Almost all of it was due to IVF, but wow!! No huge surprise with that giving me a bit of stress LOL

So glad your MS is easing - and 7 weeks bed rest!! Hope you have a kindle and a hard drive full of TV shows! I was bored with my 2 weeks - you must have the patience of a saint.

Hi ladies,
How is everyone doing? Since some of us are reaching 2nd tri now, I wonder if you have made an announcement about your pregnancy?

I have been "in hiding" mostly because I have been on bedrest, but also with the previous m/c I don't want to tell everyone. I have told my immediate family and my best friends.

I am already showing and tomorrow we are going to a friend's house and I feel like I have to say something because I obviously look pregnant. They are not close friends, but it is very obvious I am pregnant. I am also wearing maternity clothes - not sure if this is because of the twin sac still being there or just extra bloat, but no doubt about it, I look 5 months!

What would you do?!

Hi guys!

I'm awake in the middle of the night and I just got an email from a friend that her waters broke so I'm so excited and I'm never getting back to sleep tonight, am I?

I'm struggling with the "tell people at 12 weeks thing". We had a perfect scan at 8 weeks and we've no reason to believe anything has gone amiss since then, but our next scan/heartbeat appts aren't until may 7th and 13th (GP and hospital). So we don't really know.

That said, we're making excuses at the moment, and it's getting really annoying. People want us to commit to things around the due date, or people are really pestering us (we breed pedigree kittens --- about 1 litter a year and people wait on them) about when our next litter is going to be (answer?Not any time bloody soon). And a guy whose dogs I'd always admired offered us an adult he's rehoming and OMG would I love to, except that I'm pregnant, and I'm allergic. I don't want to take unnecessary anti-histamines and I don't have time to get used to the new pup without anti-histamines.

So we really do need to tell, I'm just nervous. Very freaking nervous. But a baby is being born tonight, and I'm all smiles right now. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->