• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Due late Oct/early Nov. Wanna be buddies?

Hi all,
How is everyone doing? Have you started to feel the baby move? My little guy has been kicking up a storm and it seems like every day I feel more and more. My husband has been able to feel it yet though. Now that we are about halfway done I am starting to plan for what I am going to do after the birth...like childcare options and such. I will definitely go back to work because I am the breadwinner. My maternity leave is only 8 to 12 weeks and I just can't imagine putting my baby in daycare so early so my husband might be a stay-at-home-dad for a little while until the baby gets a little older.

My 20 week measurement scan is on Monday the 17th....hoping everyhing goes ok!

Hi PregoSauce!

I've definitely been feeling movement - the little biscuit is very wiggly. My husband has felt movement, but only twice. Most of the time she either stops moving when he puts his hand on my stomach, or she doesn't kick hard enough. I'm sure our husbands will feel a lot in the next few weeks. My next ultrasound is next week too.

I'm trying to figure out what to do about going back to work myself. I also only get about 12 weeks off at most. The idea of putting a tiny baby in daycare at that age is not appealing, so I've been procrastinating about putting our name on the waitlists. I need to do it, though, if only to keep our options open.

I'm with you TXbiscuit. I am moving in 2 weeks but I have already researched daycare in the new area and will have to get on some waiting lists too, just in case. My due date is just short 10 days for me to qualify for FMLA, so honestly I am not guaranteed a job when I return, but I am pretty confident they want me back regardless.

My boss put her baby in daycare at 3 months and she said he was fine. Of course, I still think of every little thing that can go wrong!

Hi guys :)

We've been having the same conversation at my house, as we will need my income next year, but I'm really undecided on daycare. It's so expensive and will almost make working full time financially debatable.

I'm hoping to get some part time work instead (initially) and share home care between my hsband (who will finish work early afternoons) and my mum while I'm working. Fingers crossed the planets align and that all works out.

My 22 week follow up scan went well, my belly is measuring right and baby is measuring a week bigger than her age. I think that's the last of my scans now so we might have another 3D one in the next couple of months just for one more peek :)

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share that I got my new closet today and it's lovely. We also got a matching bed with big drawers on the sides so we can put all the baby stuff while we work on the nursery (up until today it was full of our clothes and our junk).
Suzie congrats on the good news on your scan!
Prego good luck on yours! I got my 20 week scan early (three weeks ago which feels like ages) so now I have to wait till July 2nd for my next doctor appointment and see if he asks for a 4D scan... I went to the ER on monday because I had indigestion or something, really awful stomach ache. Got to hear baby's heartbeat. The day before I had started feeling movement and I haven't felt anything since monday. I guess it's because I got home rest till today and I have been resting a lot... but I can't wait to start feeling him more often again. I have anterior placenta so that doesnt help. Anyways, that's it with the update lol

Hello girls,

I hope everybody is fine and with very good news from their 20 wks ultrasound!
Mine was on Monday, the technician was very laconic, she did not explain much but the important thing is that everything looks fine.

You may not believe it, but I haven't told my mom for my pregnancy yet... So both - mom and MIL have to hear it soon. I am very worried how my mom will accept the news... She lives in a society where 37-38 yo for maternal age for a newborn is too old... We don't see each other often because we live far away, and that's why they were not able to see the physical changes. I wonder how to deliver the news and how to make them feel happy for us right away without going through all the questions... And I already feel bad for the questions they have to answer when they tell their relatives and friends about our new baby... But we have to tell them, half of the pregnancy has gone, it's not fair to keep them at distance...

Good luck telling your parents and in-laws NR3. I bet they be very excited in the end - babies tend to have a way of making people forget about traditions and just be excited for the future. We waited until 15-16 weeks to tell our parents because we weren't sure how they'd react, but they were all thrilled.

Our 20 week ultrasound was today. The doctor found a small anomaly, so we'll have to see a high-risk OB in addition to our regular OB for the next few months. I'm trying to stay positive. I'm a bit terrified to be honest, but I'm trying to focus on the fact that the doctor thinks everything will be fine. We'll see the high-risk OB for another ultrasound tomorrow or Friday.

Txbiscuit, not worrying is the best thing you can do, esp if the doctor wasn't worried. But please do let us know how it goes. I'll be thinking of you and hoping the high-risk doctor finds everything in order :) :hugs:
NR3 good luck with the announcement! I'm sure they'll be over the moon!

Txbiscuit - sorry the scan didn't go as planned. I'm sure, as Rainstorm has said if your doctor didn't seem too worried there's nothing serious to worry about, and they're just taking precautions. Hope your next scan goes well on Friday :hugs:

Good luck Txbiscuit - it's great the doctor was being positive for you, so focusing on his attitude is the right way to wait for the next scan. They do tend to lean towards to the side of caution, which is better than being too laid back and missing something, no matter how insignificant it may be. x

NR3.. Best of luck with your announcing. I was in the same position with my MIL. She was horribly unsupportive and made a point of telling me I was irresponsible bringing a baby into the world with such a high risk of down syndrome (I was 39 when I got pregnant). sigh... she actually passed away in March (days after this speech) and it's been hard to forgive/get over as we will never get any closure on that conversation. Really upsetting at the time, but my own parents have been awesome.

I popped into my 3D tech on Wednesday and had it confirmed that we're having a girl :) The nursery is almost painted and the dining room is full of what was the "junk room".. time to start addressing my hoarding habit! lol

I've been MIA for a week since we are in the process of moving to our new house-- a very long process over the next week or so as we have contractors in/out of the new house before the movers come the first weekend in July.

My 20 week scan went fine- baby is measuring ahead and wasn't being cooperative so they still have to get some facial features documented, but otherwise he is great.

I asked my doc if I could go on a "babymoon" and he flat out said no-- I am high risk and need to stay put on bedrest. It has now been 5 months of bedrest and as much as I hate it, I might start to like being lazy. The event of going to the dr is such an ordeal and makes me exhausted, all I want to do is go back to bed!

I also told my dr I was going to get a 3D ultrasound and he said "no". Because we still have the twin, the ultrasound place will get freaked out and send me to the hospital he says. I am starting to think my dr just likes to keep me locked down (kidding).

TxBiscuit: You freaked me out about your 20week scan! I had to go read your pregnancy journal to make sure everything was ok--I am so glad to hear it is. :)

NR3: I was afraid to tell my Dad too. However, once I did he was over the moon and I was so relieved! Tell us how it goes!

Suzie: I know what you mean about hoarding. I have boxes full of clothes that don't fit me and beauty products I don't care to wear. For the move, I am having them put all that junk upstairs because I know it will be 6 months before I start to think I can fit in my clothes (at least) or care. We have to make room for all the baby gear!

I'm so sorry I freaked you out! I had a crazy week last week. I'm glad that your scan went well last week PregoSaurus.

How is everyone feeling? I had several people tell me over the weekend that I "don't even look pregnant" which sort of got me worried that something is wrong with how the baby is growing. (She's been measuring large, as has my uterus, so I'm pretty sure everything is fine.) I have also gotten several "wow, you've gained more weight than I thought you would" comments. I wish people just wouldn't say anything at all! :)

Has anyone been signed up to take the gestational diabetes test yet? I'm supposed to take it in a few weeks.

How is everyone feeling? I had several people tell me over the weekend that I "don't even look pregnant" which sort of got me worried that something is wrong with how the baby is growing. (She's been measuring large, as has my uterus, so I'm pretty sure everything is fine.) I have also gotten several "wow, you've gained more weight than I thought you would" comments. I wish people just wouldn't say anything at all! :)

Has anyone been signed up to take the gestational diabetes test yet? I'm supposed to take it in a few weeks.

I've started getting my first questions from strangers, so I know I'm showing!

I took the GD test a couple weeks ago, and failed, so I've done a week of diet-only and failed that too, so this has been my first week on insulin. Boo and hiss. That said, I'm feeling miles better, loads more energy since I started the insulin. (I also think I'm gaining more weight).

Hi all :)
JD.. is the insulin injections? Hope not, but if it's making you feel more energized, then totally awesome!

Txbiscuit.. Gee people are rude! I will never understand why people think they can comment on a pregnant woman's body so freely (and without any kind of tact!)

Prego.. Hope the move has gone well - what a stress to have to deal with, but pregnant and on bedrest! I salute you :)

AFM.. 2 weeks before we were due to close our shop, we had an offer to buy! Crazy timing, and now a whole world of different stress (changing accounts to the new owners, accountant/lawyer paperwork, training the new owners etc) BUT now I don't have to take apart my store and essentially dump all the racks and counters and store $20,000 worth of stock in my shed... and am actually getting some money for it!! Just when I thought it was nearly time to kick back and relax, and now I've got at least another couple of months to get everything settled! LOL Blessing and a curse at this point :) As long as I get a couple of weeks break between this all being settled and having this little bub and I'll be fine! lol

Hope everyone is well and happy!

Hey, yeah, the insulin is injected but it's not bad -- the pens are so sophisticated these days you barely feel it. The thing for checking your blood glucose on the other hand still stings a wee bit!

Great news about your shop!

I have my glucose tolerance test in 2 weeks. I just got the "drink" at my check up today. I am really concerned about it because I am high risk for diabetes bc ALL of my family has it and it's been a shock that I don't yet. I usually exercise and try to eat right, but as you know I am on bedrest, I am not exercising at all and have put on a lot of weight :(
I move in a few days and its very exhausting. Although I am not doing much, just the juggling of movers, utilities and get services set up plus I am still working 50 hours a week has me exhausted.

J.D. - I like your name, that's our nickname for our little one :) We call him JD because we are not telling he name to anyone. So your diabetes has been under control with the insulin?

Suzie - great news about your shop!! Good thing you get some money, but unfortunate you have to deal with it for a few more months.

TxBiscuit - I am pretty obviously pregnant now. But, all I have to go is based on strangers who hold the doors open for me or stare at my stomach and give me a smile. Working from home and bedrest has me pretty isolated and all my family lives out of state. In that respect I am lucky that no one has told me I look bigger that I should, no one sees me regularly-but I definitely FEEL bigger than I want to :)

I have my glucose tolerance test in 2 weeks. I just got the "drink" at my check up today. I am really concerned about it because I am high risk for diabetes bc ALL of my family has it and it's been a shock that I don't yet. I usually exercise and try to eat right, but as you know I am on bedrest, I am not exercising at all and have put on a lot of weight :(
I move in a few days and its very exhausting. Although I am not doing much, just the juggling of movers, utilities and get services set up plus I am still working 50 hours a week has me exhausted.

J.D. - I like your name, that's our nickname for our little one :) We call him JD because we are not telling he name to anyone. So your diabetes has been under control with the insulin?

Try and not worry about it. You can't have given yourself diabetes -- it's either there or it's not. My whole family is diabetic too, and that's why I was tested so early on. Am I ever grateful, though. I could have been sick for 2 more months before testing is standard.

I'm not really a J.D. -- I just play one on the internet lol. The diabetes isn't strictly under control yet. My fasting levels are still too high. So tomorrow morning I'll ring in my numbers and they'll probably ring back with higher insulin dosages to try at night and in the morning. I think it takes a while to get the balance right.

Hey guys! Just updating, OH felt baby move for the first time yesteday! I have an OB appointment today, so I'm quite anxious to see when's the next scan. Things here are doing fine, except for the fact that we need to start working on the nursery and my OH hates the room where we are putting it, he says it's a shoebox. We have been going crazy for months thinking of a way of expanding it, but every possible option is way too expensive, and since this house belongs to my family, he doesn't want to invest tons of money in a house we could eventually end up leaving. So it's kind of a catch 22 situation with no exit. He is unhappy about the nursery, but every other possible option is worse, so I don't know what to do to make him feel better... it really depresses me when the topic comes out...
tx I've been getting a lot of comments about my weight and my belly as well, so I have decided to ignore them.
Prego :hugs: to you, I'm sure it'll be under control... Don't beat yourself up over gaining weight, it's kinda inevitable on bedrest...
Suzie good luck with the sale!!

JD.. cheers for sharing the diabetes info! I actually had a billion injections during IVF treatment, so I'm just being a sook thinking about it..lol.

Pregosauce.. I get the stress of organising everything all at the same time! I'm living the same nightmare haha.. Must be strange being so isolated for such a long time, altho I would actually LOVE the thought of pottering around without people to deal with. (I think I'm really ready to give up retail!)

Rainstorm.. same boat here with the tiny room. The only room we can use as a nursery is ridiculously small (it's been the junk room for years) but it's what we have, sigh.. Better than the cot in our room though! I did that with my son, and gee - it took such a long time to move him out in the end!

Belly comments... today a girl from a nearby shop told me she was a few weeks behind me, and didn't look at all pregnant. She still has normal clothes on! I'm the size of a house LOL If strangers ask, I always tell them I'm a month ahead in the pregnancy so people tend to be quite lovely. If I gave them the real due date, I'd be inviting all kinds of rude statements (I learned that from being pregnant with my son too!)

Shop sale is moving along nicely - aside from the general frustration of trying to convince a 60 year old man that I have more experience than him.. so far he's ignored all my advice and today signed the lease without getting anyone (a lawyer/accountant or even me) to look over it - and got completely ripped off... bah, it's nearly over either way, and soon it won't be my problem at all, so I can live with some stupidity :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->