• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Due late Oct/early Nov. Wanna be buddies?

Are you planning to do all the screening tests? If you don't have any history?

We will probably do the non-invasive ones that our insurance covers. We don't have any risk factors, but OH's father's family history is a bit of an unknown, so we will probably do the tests for peace of mind. Are you going to do any screening tests?

I have thought a lot about CVS or the amniocentesis. I am pretty sure I won't do the CVS because that is at 11 weeks and associated with increased miscarriage rate. the amnio is later....not sure about that one either. I'll do all the regular testing though!

I just had the blood test to screen for downs etc and follow that up in 13 days with an ultrasound. Quite worried about the high risk due to my age but at least this will answer the question as to being high risk or not.... As for the amnio I'm quite undecided. I would have to be very high risk to consider that, but hopefully won't have to deal with it :)

I have my 8 week scan today. I am always nervous and will be until I pass the 9 week scan (my first pregnancy there was no longer a HB at 9 wks). Wish me luck ladies!

Hey, can I jump in?

I'm due 24th October with baby number 2. So far everything has been a little nerve racking. The scan I had at 6+6 showed a bleed next to the gestational sac which worried the heck out of me. I'd already booked a private scan for 8+1 before I knew I'd have that scan. At 8+1 the bleed area was still there but this time with more detail they could see something else inside the bleed sac, so now they say it's unsure wether it's a bleed or an early twin pregnancy that didn't progress.

I found baby's heartbeat on the sonoline b Doppler this morning :thumbup: so yay for that!

I'm not sure if we want to do the tests since they are only making estimates. I have heard cases where doctors told them something was wrong and the baby was perfectly healthy. And if something were wrong would it really change your mind? I don't really want unnecessary worry. I was just curious how common it's opted for.

And I understand if age is a factor or unknown history.

Welcome SisterRose! I'm sorry to hear about your stressful early start. :hugs: I hope the remaining months are happy, healthy, and as stress-free as possible.

I understand what you're saying, lune_miel. I think I tend to want as much information as possible - even if the information worries me, I am more worried without it, if that makes sense. But I totally understand where you're coming from.

Hi Susan and SisterRose!

I'm glad to read that everything went well, lune_miel! It is so exiting when you see the baby!

Are you planning to do all the screening tests? If you don't have any history?
I'm planning to do amniocentesis by choice, so I won't do the other tests at about 11-12 wks (exactly because it's all probabilities).

I had my 1st ultrasound today and I'm so happy! I went to a private clinic, because as I told you all my symptoms vanished (after the 2 days in pain last week) and I was so scared that something bad had happened. So, the baby is one, when I think how tiny is now and how well it could be seen - it's unbelievable! I've never had such an early US with my other 2 kids, so it was a new experience.

Hello Ladies, I would love if I could join! You all seem active and very supportive of each other! I have been lurking around these forums for some time, but finally joining the fun :happydance:

I am 27, due with #1 Oct 24th! Me and OH have been married 3yrs this June, but we have been together since High School. We are super excited for a baby.

Hope you all are feeling healthy and happy today!

Welcome belle2be03! I love having people jump in who are a week or so ahead of me - kind of gives me a sneak preview of what to expect. :thumbup:

We had our first appointment today and saw the little biscuit. He or she is measuring a little large (9w2d), but not enough to change the due date. We saw and heard the heart beating away at 173 BPM. The midwife said everything looks perfect, and the ultrasound tech said things looked "textbook." We are really relieved - I think we're both starting to allow ourselves to be a little excited. :cloud9:

Great news txbiscuit.

Are any of you starting to get a bump? I can't tell if mine is still a little bit of bloat/belly that I had. I've actually lost like 5 lbs but still look the same.

I'm worried I'll just look fat in the next 3 weeks before I'm ready to tell my boss.

I am! My doctor confirmed it's my uterus, not just bloat. My uterus is up to about an inch below my belly button.

(Of course, it doesn't look like a baby bump - it looks like I went wild and ate a three course meal of bread, bread, and more bread. But at least I know it's not just chub.) :haha:

Txbiscuit, good to hear everything is right on track!

10 wks today for me!! I am pretty nervous about my next appt, Monday. Good thing I will be busy with family all weekend to keep my mind off of it!

I might have a little bump going, but it could be mostly bloat! I look a little chubbier, depending on the shirt I wear.

I'm so jealous of you guys with little bellies! IVF makes your uterus huge and bloated, and after it the ovaries are still the size of grapefruits until 20 weeks-ish, so I've looked 4 and a half months pregnant since I ovulated! Very hard to pull off looking not pregnant - esp in the middle of the hottest part of summer :)
11 weeks today, but I've had my pregnancy commented on by strangers (a few weeks ago someone offered to carry a box for me as "you are quite pregnant".. i was 8 weeks) LOL

I too look pregnant but probably a lot of it is bloat, residual from fertility meds and then twin sacs. This weekend we went looking for a new car and the manager actually said to me "this will be a good car for you when the baby comes". I was little offended that he would assume I was pregnant but then felt better than him just assuming I was fat!

Has anyone tried to use a fetal doppler at home to listen to the heartbeat?

Has anyone tried to use a fetal doppler at home to listen to the heartbeat?

PregoSauce, do you have one? I was looking for a doppler to buy, they are so different by price, I'm wondering for the quality and how safe are they for the baby. What brand is yours /if you have it already/?

Last week SisterRose posted this:

I found baby's heartbeat on the sonoline b Doppler this morning :thumbup: so yay for that!

Congrats, SisterRose! You found it very early!

I am afraid that I would use it too often if I have it...

A friend of mind got a doppler (you can get them for $30) and I can't decide if I truly need it.

I got a Sonoline B back in my early, extra paranoid days (which is to say, last week:blush:). I found the heartbeat for the first time yesterday, but I am trying to limit myself to using it once a week.

I did buy two...a little obsessed, I guess. I bought the angelsounds which is cheaper around $30 and it doesn't work that well, pretty cheap and part of it broke out of the box. I also bought the sonoline b which is much better quality, but more expensive. They sell/rent used ones on ebay too.
I just got the sonoline B today and haven't found the HB yet. I'm not worried about it - I am sure it's just my extra padding :)

[/QUOTE]

PregoSauce, do you have one? I was looking for a doppler to buy, they are so different by price, I'm wondering for the quality and how safe are they for the baby. What brand is yours /if you have it already/?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->