Due october 14th, can someone help me on when i concived/conception date

Gracelou

Reaction score
Hi all! im due October 14th 013.
I had a scan on April 9th what dated me 13weeks+1day. my scan date has stayed the same through out. When I count back from my scan dates it takes me back to the 8th of January. to make me 40weeks up to 14th oct,
Im confused as does this mean the day I got pregnant was the 8th?

as I had a period on the 12th of January and belived I concived after this.
But my period date would end up the 7th of January for a due date of October 14th from what I get off calculaters online. So was this just implantation bleeding.
Sorry just confused as I thought I dtd sometimes after the 16th of jan.

Hi all! im due October 14th 013.
I had a scan on April 9th what dated me 13weeks+1day. my scan date has stayed the same through out. When I count back from my scan dates it takes me back to the 8th of January. to make me 40weeks up to 14th oct,
Im confused as does this mean the day I got pregnant was the 8th?

as I had a period on the 12th of January and belived I concived after this.
But my period date would end up the 7th of January for a due date of October 14th from what I get off calculaters online. So was this just implantation bleeding.
Sorry just confused as I thought I dtd sometimes after the 16th of jan.

You would have gotten pregnant most likely from jan 16-21. In pregnancy, you count the two weeks from your first day of your last period to ovulation (even though you aren't "pregnant" yet). You can use this calculator.

https://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-d...vf_days=3&MM=10&DD=14&YYYY=2013&showResults=1

I suck at trying to explain or figure this out, especially with my pregnancy brain right now lol. But I can tell you I conceived on the 12 of January and am due on October 5th. I can be 110% sure on conception date because Hubby works away and we only got to DTD once when he was home that time. Hope that helps some?

Based on a normal 28 day menstrual cycle, when talking about a 40 week pregnancy you would have actually conceived at 2 weeks. The 40 weeks starts from the first day of your last period.

So if you give birth at 40 weeks, in reality you've only had baby inside you for 38 weeks.

A bit confusing but I think it's because the date of your last period is the easiest date to pinpoint and calculate from.

If your cycle is longer/shorter than 28 days then conception might be slightly more/less than the 2 week point but shouldn't be too far out unless you have more extreme issues with menstrual cycles/fertility etc. The scan date is relatively accurate though anyway give or take a couple of days (but still includes the 2 weeks from period to conception, so if they dated you 13+1 you probably conceived 11 weeks and 1 day before or thereabouts).

Your period started january 7th, so that's technically when your pregnancy officially began.. even though you weren't really pregnant yet, it was the first day of your cycle.

Count 38 weeks back from your due date rather than 40 as for 2 weeks you aren't actually pregnant, as a pp said. This would give you a rough estimate of when you conceived. I think this works out around the 21st Jan for you which would tie in with your last period date

Yup. I'm due the same day, and I narrowed it down to jan 17-21.

We go with the 21st since we had a romantic date, and not the day we stayed at home and ate Mac and cheese and hot dogs, haha :) but it's really impossible to narrow it down to the exact day, due to implantation vs fertilization.

Im due the 12th and we conceived on the 11th Jan - but I had short luteal phases so O'd earlier in my cycle.

So around the 16th should be about right.

I suck at trying to explain or figure this out, especially with my pregnancy brain right now lol. But I can tell you I conceived on the 12 of January and am due on October 5th. I can be 110% sure on conception date because Hubby works away and we only got to DTD once when he was home that time. Hope that helps some?

Now this may sound silly, but I am in a similar situation; however, I have a question. We DTD on January 29 (I am "due" Oct 22) and I am sure that is when I conceived BUT, how can I be sure I conceived that very day, and not a day or 2 or 3 later, as in, Jan 30-Feb 1 was when the egg was fertilized? Does that make sense??

You can't. There's no way to tell. Implantation can happen 2-10 days after fertilization. That's why doctors go off your LMP instead of your ovulation date, which is an obscure date anyways, as unless you have significant tests done, you can't prove you ovulated that exact 24 hour window.

Even IVF Transfer dates have room for error. There's no way to time or prove implantation, even with pre-fertilized eggs.

Now this may sound silly, but I am in a similar situation; however, I have a question. We DTD on January 29 (I am "due" Oct 22) and I am sure that is when I conceived BUT, how can I be sure I conceived that very day, and not a day or 2 or 3 later, as in, Jan 30-Feb 1 was when the egg was fertilized? Does that make sense??

Girlinboots, pretty much gives a better answer then I can. Maybe I should have worded my previous post differently. We only DTD that one time, but yes it's can take up to 10 days for implantation, so I guess I can't say for sure when I concieved, but I personally consider the day we DTD the day we concieved (even though i know that is scientifically incorrect).

Girlinboots, pretty much gives a better answer then I can. Maybe I should have worded my previous post differently. We only DTD that one time, but yes it's can take up to 10 days for implantation, so I guess I can't say for sure when I concieved, but I personally consider the day we DTD the day we concieved (even though i know that is scientifically incorrect).

Thanks girls...makes sense. And 2-3 days after we DTD, I remember laying in bed and feeling this odd sensation in my stomach, only for a few seconds at most. I remember thinking, "I wonder if this could be conception..." Funny thing is too, I took 2 pregnancy tests on Feb 11, so technically 13 days after we DTD and got a positive on both.

It definitely is very narrow in my case...I mean, I guess I am ignorant of this, but could a pregnancy test ring positive if not even two weeks into conception and implantation? From what I have read it is unlikely for home tests to provide those kind of results so early on, but they sure did for me.

Considering plenty of women get their bfps at 8-10 days, yes, it's possible. I personally don't recommend testing before 10-14 days. That's when most occurrences of extremely early miscarriages and chemical pregnancies are found. If you wait til your missed AF, you never realize you're pregnant and you save yourself a lot of heartache. Watching your positive tests fade to nothing is terrible :-(

A little trick to figure out your conception date is add 3 months & 7 days. So yours would be Jan 21 (I'm due the 15th so mine was the 22nd). You can do the same with your due date if you know the date of conception (count back 3 months & subtract 7 days). Date of last period? Back 3 months, add 7 days. Makes figuring stuff out a lot easier. Of course it varies as the ladies stated as women ovulate on different days & what not. But to get the dates that the doctors will use (assuming you have regular periods), these are the formulas you use. My last period was 1/8, date of conception (which is likely) jan 22 & my due date is oct 15. Everything is spot on for me. Now I just need my baby!

Considering plenty of women get their bfps at 8-10 days, yes, it's possible. I personally don't recommend testing before 10-14 days. That's when most occurrences of extremely early miscarriages and chemical pregnancies are found. If you wait til your missed AF, you never realize you're pregnant and you save yourself a lot of heartache. Watching your positive tests fade to nothing is terrible :-(

I can understand that on the one hand, but personally, I wasn't attached until I had my first ultrasound at nearly 7 weeks.

I actually tested so soon because of a strong symptom I had that day--I knew there was a possibility of pregnancy and I REALLY wanted to have a couple beers. Snapped me out of that mood and the want for beer pretty quickly :D

A little trick to figure out your conception date is add 3 months & 7 days. So yours would be Jan 21 (I'm due the 15th so mine was the 22nd). You can do the same with your due date if you know the date of conception (count back 3 months & subtract 7 days). Date of last period? Back 3 months, add 7 days. Makes figuring stuff out a lot easier. Of course it varies as the ladies stated as women ovulate on different days & what not. But to get the dates that the doctors will use (assuming you have regular periods), these are the formulas you use. My last period was 1/8, date of conception (which is likely) jan 22 & my due date is oct 15. Everything is spot on for me. Now I just need my baby!

I think mine is pretty spot on too, as both of those calculations and my ultrasounds have been consistent throughout the beginning until now.

That's cool that we are due one week apart exactly! Good luck, not long now for either of us!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->