Due on August 3rd...

Wow, what a lovely long maternity break Jemma :thumbup: I am starting my maternity leave on the 18th May as that's when I have to go to fit in with my training, but also now I don't think I could have lasted any longer anyway with this damn SPD!! :dohh: I'm sorry to hear your's is still bad too - have you had an appointment through for your physio to start yet?

We're hoping to get the nursery basics sorted with this month's pay - so carpet, curtains, light etc... and then will start buying cribs and things from next month. I did pick up some really lovely baby girl clothes from Matalan last week though and they were a great price - I think it was £5.50 for 3 sleepsuits! I don't know whether I just happened to be really lucky as I've not looked in there for baby clothes before but I will try again at some point so thought I'd mention it in case anyone else wants to have a look :flower:

Hope you're all well x x What are you all doing for Easter? x x

I'm taking Blaise to a kids Easter Party on Sat where they'll do a Easter Egg hunt and buffet and next Thursday going with Surestart to a day wildlife centre trip anyone else? x x

Morning :hi:

That Easter Party sounds fab Amanda. We're not really doing too much, DH and I are just going to my Mum's on Sunday for "Easter dinner". We tend to do it most years, with my brother and SIL, and Mum's partner too. Should be nice :thumbup: More than anything I think I'll be excited because I know that at the next big family meal - for Christmas and then next Easter - my little princess will be with us! :happydance: Can't wait to meet her :cloud9:

Hope everybody is well and looking forward to a nice Easter weekend! :flower:

Aww that's a lovely family tradition Kaz :) x x I know it feels weird that Christmas all our lo's will be here :happydance:. It would be lovely if once we've had them we all still continue our group and see how our little ones are getting on? x x

Do you know whats weird? I had my eyes tested last November and was given glasses for reading/watching tv and I've never really worn them. Then today I've tried wearing them and my dizziness in my head is much better. I'm confused x x

Yep I agree, that does sound lovely. It would be nice to know that everyone is doing well and to always have people in a similar position as you who can share their experiences. I'm sure we'll be able to move our thread over to somewhere else :thumbup: I don't know what I'd have done without BNB so far!
That's really good news that your dizziness has improved too - sounds like it must have been your vision causing it then...?

I'll look forward to hopefully hearing some 23 week updates from everybody soon :happydance: it's still very quiet on here!

HI LADIES!! :hi: It has been very quiet the past few days, I know nothing exciting has happened with me lately lol. Back to college so just been trying to juggle work, school, etc :wacko:

Amanda, Your plans sound like fun!! I bet your son will absolutely love it. I miss Easter egg hunts, can't wait to enjoy it with Isaiah!!!

Kaz, the easter dinner seems really nice. I love those little traditions when all the family gets together :) and OMG I didn't even think about xmas!! LO being here with us, sooo exciting. Better start saving now :haha:

AFM, I believe saturday my parents are getting my 6 month old nephew, they get him every week (OH and I currently live with them) and it's so nice, I just love him so much and he's adorable!! So I'm excited about that. My mom, best friend and I are also getting together saturday to start planning the baby shower I can't believe it's already that time. My best friend also has a 7 month old daughter so her and my nephew are going to play it's so cute when they're together :p Hope everyone has a great day!!! :flower:

I miss Easter egg hunts, can't wait to enjoy it with Isaiah!!!

Ahh yes... all the things we can suddenly get away with doing again without people looking at us in an odd way... ball pools, slides, skipping down the street... I'm definitely going to use having a little one as an excuse to go back to behaving like a big kid :haha:

Your plans sound great for the weekend too Maria, and it must make you so much more excited when you have babies around! Our LO is going to be the first baby on both sides of our family at the moment, but I know my brother and sister in law are seriously broody, and my cousin and her husband are discussing when to start trying so I don't think she'll be the only one for long.

Getting a bit ahead of myself I know :dohh: but has anyone ever had any thoughts about the fact that our little one's are going to one of the youngest in their years when they go to school by the way?

I miss Easter egg hunts, can't wait to enjoy it with Isaiah!!!

Ahh yes... all the things we can suddenly get away with doing again without people looking at us in an odd way... ball pools, slides, skipping down the street... I'm definitely going to use having a little one as an excuse to go back to behaving like a big kid :haha:

Your plans sound great for the weekend too Maria, and it must make you so much more excited when you have babies around! Our LO is going to be the first baby on both sides of our family at the moment, but I know my brother and sister in law are seriously broody, and my cousin and her husband are discussing when to start trying so I don't think she'll be the only one for long.

Getting a bit ahead of myself I know :dohh: but has anyone ever had any thoughts about the fact that our little one's are going to one of the youngest in their years when they go to school by the way?

:rofl: yes it will be fun to enjoy things we secretly want to do and now we can use our LO's for the excuse. too funny.

I haven't thought about that much actually, but you're right they will be the youngest. I'm leery about that bc I was the youngest in my whole graduating class (I think there were 2 or 3 others that weren't far behind though) I graduated when I was 17. It wasn't too fun and I didn't like it much but I'm now 20 and graduating college so in a way it's a good thing bc our LO's can get a head start in the "Adult" life

Yeah, I know what you mean... I don't think it's necessarily a disadvantage being young in your year, as I was born in June so quite late on and my DH in August too, and neither of us struggled academically.
But, the same as you, when I was actually at school I did hate that everyone was having their birthdays before me and able to go and watch films that technically I wouldn't be old enough too etc.

It probably has good and bad points, I was just wondering if anyone else had thought about it with us all being due at the same time.

It'll probably be harder on us than our LO's... waving them off into school when they've barely turned 5 and some of the others are nearly 6... I'll be a wreck! :haha: :dohh:

The only thing I think about is that their birthday falls in the school holidays and so if they want to have a party with school friends will most be away on holiday? x x

The only thing I think about is that their birthday falls in the school holidays and so if they want to have a party with school friends will most be away on holiday? x x

It possibly would be harder to organise something... on the other hand, at least they will always be guaranteed the whole day off! :thumbup:

It possibly would be harder to organise something... on the other hand, at least they will always be guaranteed the whole day off! :thumbup:

That's true! My birthday always fell on a school day, and I would try sooo hard to have my mom let me stay home! Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't lol.

Ah I see didn't think about them being able to have day to themselves, aww they're gona love it :) x x I never got day of from school for my birthday either lol x x

Happy Easter Girls, I haven't been online in ages, hope your all well!!

I started school on my 4th Birthday and I was the smallest by far and had to stay behind a year when I got a bit older, but that was 4 and things have changed these days I think 5 is the starting age now???

OH god, I have no idea what the starting age is nowadays lol!! I've noticed since being pregnant, there's a LOT of things I have to do research on :wacko:

AND HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!! Hope it's a great one :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->