Due on August 3rd...

Hi Ladies

Had my scan this morning, the longest 25 minutes of my life while sonographer was silent clicking on her machine! Everything is great and baby looks perfect. Despite me being convinced I was having a girl...baby is a BOY!!!! Can't believe it!!!!

I am so happy everything is ok, I feel like I can relax now..

PrincessJ

Congrats hun!! im glad everything went fine! and welcome to team blue :) i was convinced i was having a girl but i was rong too :)! im glad it went okay :) u can now just relax- howa you anywayy? xxx

PrincessJ - Great News!! delighted for you!! another on team blue :thumbup:

So the 'deep down if you think its a certain sex your usually right' theory is gone out the window...:haha:

Thanks Ladies

BethCharlotte - I am fine thanks, feeling good. Thank you for the welcome to team blue! How long did it take you to get your head round you weren't having a girl?! It seems weird at the moment!

cmtcmt - Thank you! Yey for team blue! It seems that theory is out the window yes, I was utterly convinced, I would have put money on it being a girl! How wrong I was! :dohh:

its still a shock-as i was sooo convinced i was having a girl. but i am happy that i have got a little misster, as i went with my dad and step mum shopping last weekend soon as i found out and there are loads of cute boys clothes and that when it started to sink that i was having a boy :) xx

Yay :happydance: Massive congratulations PrincessJ, I'm really glad to hear that everything went well and congratulations on team blue! :flower:

I can imagine it must be a bit strange to find out it's a boy if you've spent 20 weeks really believing it is a girl. I didn't really have a gut instinct or any strong feelings so was just excited to find out one way or another at the scan.

It'll be interesting to see whether you turn out to be right about it being a girl then cmtcmt (if you decide to find out of course)... Not long to go until your scan now! :thumbup:

So let me just check I've got this right, so far we are...

beth charlotte - :blue:

bump.on.brain - :pink:

cmtcmt - :yellow:

kippenhok - :blue:

princessj - :blue:

winterkage - :pink:

How exciting!

And nearly another week closer already ladies!! :wohoo:

I'm almost certain I will find out (If possible)

Maybe I will make it even-stevens :oneofeach: ...OH hurry up Tuesday

I'm almost certain I will find out (If possible)

Maybe I will make it even-stevens :oneofeach: ...OH hurry up Tuesday

:hugs: Bless you, I'm not surprised you're feeling impatient, it would be really annoying me if I was still waiting to find out. It really will come quickly now though... I can't believe how fast time is going in general all of a sudden!

I know it's shocking how fast it has gone, I just got a call to say my friend is in Labour now and it seems like no time since she announced, so hold on to your seats in a blink of an eye that will be us :winkwink:

I have waited this long so I'l just have to hold out a few more days! I find i'm not so impatient its more when I'm in work with alot of time to think about it, I'l have to start working harder :coffee:

Our next stop is our 24 week mark

I know it's shocking how fast it has gone, I just got a call to say my friend is in Labour now and it seems like no time since she announced, so hold on to your seats in a blink of an eye that will be us :winkwink:

I have waited this long so I'l just have to hold out a few more days! I find i'm not so impatient its more when I'm in work with alot of time to think about it, I'l have to start working harder :coffee:

Our next stop is our 24 week mark

Ahh how exciting, I hope everything goes well with your friend's labour! :flower: For me the first 12/13 weeks dragged and now suddenly we're nearly 21!! When did that happen!? :haha:

At the moment, I'm happily able to push thoughts of labour to the back of my mind most of the time... but I'm sure as we tiptoe closer to the time and start packing our hospital bags and things it will start playing on my mind!

Oooh I wonder who out of us all will go into labour first... :winkwink:

This may sound silly but...... I feel (mentally) ready to go, as in if it was my time I would happily go pack my bag and head on in! I don't know how or where that feeling has come from, maybe its naivety on my part being my first or maybe that feeling will change as it's get closer to the time, in other words I'm not terrified as I had expected to be

This may sound silly but...... I feel (mentally) ready to go, as in if it was my time I would happily go pack my bag and head on in! I don't know how or where that feeling has come from, maybe its naivety on my part being my first or maybe that feeling will change as it's get closer to the time, in other words I'm not terrified as I had expected to be

I don't think it sounds silly at all, I think it's just because you have a belief that you will be able to cope with it. When I think about labour in terms of having a water birth, I feel the same way as you, that I'm prepared now and could deal with it. But, my problem is that I don't feel the same way at all if a water birth isn't involved... I really don't want an epidural, but can't imagine I'd cope very well on just gas and air if I wasn't in water. And obviously whether or not everything is straight forward enough for me to be able to have a water birth is pretty much out of my control... So I'm just a bit concerned that if it gets taken away from me I might fall apart! :dohh:

Have you organised to have a waterbirth, is this common in the UK (Presuming that's where you are??). Are there some reasons this could be taking away from you?? Sorry about all the questions :blush: It think I'm going to take it as it comes were pain relief is concerned, I am absolutely terrified of needles, this prob won't even be an issue when the time comes but for now the thoughts of the needle scares me alot more than the thoughts of childbirth.

Have you organised to have a waterbirth, is this common in the UK (Presuming that's where you are??). Are there some reasons this could be taking away from you?? Sorry about all the questions :blush: It think I'm going to take it as it comes were pain relief is concerned, I am absolutely terrified of needles, this prob won't even be an issue when the time comes but for now the thoughts of the needle scares me alot more than the thoughts of childbirth.

Yeah I am in the UK. The hospital I'm giving birth at has 3 water pools, so when you ring the ward when you are first going into labour you just let them know whether or not you would still like to use it, and if one is available then they will try to make sure it is ready for you. I think quite a lot of people like to have them now, but if there are any complications with the pregnancy or expected complications with the birth then they will quite often stop you because they say it's not safe... so for example, if the baby isn't head-down, if you have too high of a blood pressure, if the baby is showing any signs of distress or if you have had to be induced then they may stop you from using it. Which is why I'm a little bit nervous about it because those things are all out of my control.

I'm sure you won't even think about the needles when the time comes :hugs: I know it's easy for me to say, but by that point we'll be too focused on getting our LO's out I would imagine! :cloud9: Besides, hopefully you'll only have to put up with a couple...
I'm trying to stay open minded about the whole experience and pain relief, and would accept the epidural if the pain got really bad and I just couldn't cope anymore, but for me it's a last resort simply because I know I don't cope well with not being able to move around, it makes me feel really claustrophobic and panicky... and you have to stay on the bed with the epidural's they use at my hospital... and also because I know it increases the chances of complications such as a forceps delivery. It's most definitely not because I'm trying to be brave :haha:

Ah I see they stopped it in hospitals over here a few years back as far as I know but you can have one at home if you want! I hope you get to have one so, I can't imagine it would be nice if you were told they were all in use!

That's a good plan, don't rule anything out!! From what I hear every persons experience is different everytime. God this must be the start of the thinking about labour stage is it?? :haha:

Ah I see they stopped it in hospitals over here a few years back as far as I know but you can have one at home if you want! I hope you get to have one so, I can't imagine it would be nice if you were told they were all in use!

That's a good plan, don't rule anything out!! From what I hear every persons experience is different everytime. God this must be the start of the thinking about labour stage is it?? :haha:

Oh right! Where about's are you then? We do have the option of home births as well here, but my DH really wasn't happy with the idea in case there were any complications, and I think it would just be reassuring to be at the hospital with this being my first time.

And yep, it looks like we've started thinking about it! :dohh: I'm blaming you :haha: :winkwink:
I think I'll try happily pushing it to the back of my mind again soon, for the next 10 weeks or so at least :thumbup: Before I start really considering how painful it's going to be!

Hi everyone :hi: I was invited by cmt^^^ I'm due august 4th but hope you guys don't mind me joining bc I literally can't find one person who is due the same day :wacko: I've been feeling movements for a couple weeks and just a few days ago my best friends, OH, mom AND sister all felt the baby kick from the outside! My gender scan is march 30th :happydance: I'm hoping for :pink: but would be happy with either, obviously!!!!!

Hi everyone :hi: I was invited by cmt^^^ I'm due august 4th but hope you guys don't mind me joining bc I literally can't find one person who is due the same day :wacko: I've been feeling movements for a couple weeks and just a few days ago my best friends, OH, mom AND sister all felt the baby kick from the outside! My gender scan is march 30th :happydance: I'm hoping for :pink: but would be happy with either, obviously!!!!!

Welcome kissesandhugs :flower:

We're the next best thing to your own date, crazy there isn't another with the same date as you, but sure you could go before any of us.

I really like your arty tickler!! & great about the kicks, I started getting mine only this weekend, but the last 2 days they don't seem to be as much as they were, not gona stress too much have my scan on Tuesday.

Hello! There seems to be quite a few of us on August 3rd, so you're more than welcome to join us :flower:

Congratulations on people feeling the baby kick from the outside! I haven't tried with anyone but my DH yet as want him to be the first to feel it, and so far LO is being a terrible tease. Every time he puts his hand on my stomach she either stops totally or only does the tiniest little movements :dohh: I can't wait for him to be able to feel it as I feel like he's missing out at the moment. I've felt it from the outside on big kicks a few times over the last week or so and have even seen my stomach moving several times :cloud9: so know it's possible, it's just going to be a case of waiting I think!

Good luck for your scan next week, not long to go now! Although you are hoping for pink do you have a feeling either way?

Welcome kissesandhugs :flower:

We're the next best thing to your own date, crazy there isn't another with the same date as you, but sure you could go before any of us.

I really like your arty tickler!! & great about the kicks, I started getting mine only this weekend, but the last 2 days they don't seem to be as much as they were, not gona stress too much have my scan on Tuesday.

I had the same issue with not strong enough/not enough kicks about a week ago but I did the same with not worrying tooo much bc I had a drs appt 2 days after where I would be able to hear the heartbeat. Sure enough it was there!! Tuesday isn't too far away!! yay!!

Hello! There seems to be quite a few of us on August 3rd, so you're more than welcome to join us :flower:

Congratulations on people feeling the baby kick from the outside! I haven't tried with anyone but my DH yet as want him to be the first to feel it, and so far LO is being a terrible tease. Every time he puts his hand on my stomach she either stops totally or only does the tiniest little movements :dohh: I can't wait for him to be able to feel it as I feel like he's missing out at the moment. I've felt it from the outside on big kicks a few times over the last week or so and have even seen my stomach moving several times :cloud9: so know it's possible, it's just going to be a case of waiting I think!

Good luck for your scan next week, not long to go now! Although you are hoping for pink do you have a feeling either way?

I wanted my OH to be the first too but it ended up being my best friends bc we were at breakfast and I was just too excited as it was my first time feeling it for the first time too so I made them feel haha!! At first, with OH she/he would always stop kicking too. When he did finally feel it he didn't seem to interested where as my friends were squealing lol!! I don't have a feeling either way actually and I sooo wish I did!!! At first I felt like it was a boy, but now I kinda feel like its a girl. I call it a she, it feels weird saying "he" soo hopefully that's a sign ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->